Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seriously, your proof that jamie is different in the books is because he hasn't dealt with the Death of tommen, But yet the littlefinger/sansa dynamic is unchanged, despite the fact LF used Sansa as a pawn when he shipped her to Ramsay?

That's your final argument? Good luck with that. We will see how it all plays out, and who is right in the end, I kinda like my odds..............

Again you are being dense. LF and Sansa's dynamic is different in the books. That difference does not mean that TV show LF's feelings are not still complicated or that he was not her teacher. We know those things still happened in the TV show because they were shown in the TV show in addition to Martin and the showrunner confirming it.

You have provided zero evidence that their differences invalidate what Martin or the showrunner said specifically about their relationship in the TV show. Not sure why you are confused by this fact.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean Dany was 2 inches from Drogon.... Jamie had to charge at both of them to try to kill Dany.... lol I can almost guarantee he gonna tell Bronn "I was trying to take out the girl, if I killed her, this might end before it begins"

Of course then you have 3 wild dragons with no mama roaming Westeros and a bunch of pissed off Dothraki with no one to rein them in...

Well it was obviously stupid because Tyrion remarked how stupid it was and Bron went through the trouble of trying to save him before he was burned to a crisp. So pretty much everyone in the show knew it was dumb to charge at Dany as she is standing right next to a dragon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean Dany was 2 inches from Drogon.... Jamie had to charge at both of them to try to kill Dany.... lol I can almost guarantee he gonna tell Bronn "I was trying to take out the girl, if I killed her, this might end before it begins"

Of course then you have 3 wild dragons with no mama roaming Westeros and a bunch of pissed off Dothraki with no one to rein them in...
All true but did you see the part in the preview with Drogon flying back in and landing right in front of Jon? I'm gonna assume it's a positive face to face meeting between the 2 so maybe he could take them over if anything happened to mom. He needs the dragons for his fight ahead but just needs Dany to fuck.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All true but did you see the part in the preview with Drogon flying back in and landing right in front of Jon? I'm gonna assume it's a positive face to face meeting between the 2 so maybe he could take them over if anything happened to mom. He needs the dragons for his fight ahead but just needs Dany to fuck.

True I suppose.... but still if ur Jamie and you think it thru you can't count on anyone controlling said dragons cept Dany.... also if he had gutted Dany, did he thing he could get away from Drogon? He woulda been ded af

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
True I suppose.... but still if ur Jamie and you think it thru you can't count on anyone controlling said dragons cept Dany.... also if he had gutted Dany, did he thing he could get away from Drogon? He woulda been ded af
I think Jaime is more bold than bright so I think his desperate attempt at the end of that battle was more due to him being unwilling to accept such a devastating defeat than an on-the-spot strategizing thing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Jaime is more bold than bright so I think his desperate attempt at the end of that battle was more due to him being unwilling to accept such a devastating defeat than an on-the-spot strategizing thing.

Oh definitely.... but if you could stop things and have Jamie or Cersei think it thru... killing Dany in that moment might be worse than not

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

And also letting his emotions take control a bit, he has bad memories of the last time a Targaryen ruled the 7 kingdoms and thought he could stop it from happening at that moment acting as a king/queenslayer again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Dorne will ever actually participate in this story... or will we get to the conclusion and Dorne just chilling in Dorne eating spicy peppers and drinking wine.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And also letting his emotions take control a bit, he has bad memories of the last time a Targaryen ruled the 7 kingdoms and thought he could stop it from happening at that moment acting as a king/queenslayer again.

Oh shit, you're back, Code? How've you been?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh shit, you're back, Code? How've you been?
Not too bad, yourself? I have barely been on this site in the last like 4 years TBH. A lot of the old posters are gone. And now Rush is gone?

I knew it was too good to be true.

Someone get the dragon glass.

giphy.gif

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I wonder if Dorne will ever actually participate in this story... or will we get to the conclusion and Dorne just chilling in Dorne eating spicy peppers and drinking wine.

If Dorne never happened in the show, none of the story would have needed to change in any meaningful way. Really, the only thing they'd have to change is how the mountain turned into a zombie and how to kill off Marcella. At no point in the show has Dorne mattered. In fact, every scene that took place in Dorne was entirely unimportant, all of it could have happened off screen and the show would have been better for it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If Dorne never happened in the show, none of the story would have needed to change in any meaningful way. Really, the only thing they'd have to change is how the mountain turned into a zombie and how to kill off Marcella. At no point in the show has Dorne mattered. In fact, every scene that took place in Dorne was entirely unimportant, all of it could have happened off screen and the show would have been better for it.

How would Bronn be able to find true love without Dorne?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A very plausible thought.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Well it's probably such a disaster because it differs considerably from the books. Not sure why they felt the need to kill off Myrcella or turn Ellaria into a vengeful lover when in the books Dorne supports Myrcella's claim to the Iron throne and Ellaria very much is against revenge.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jaime charging made complete sense, he wanted to kill Dany.

100,000 Dothraki unchecked raping and pillaging, not good at all.
Dragons flying where ever they want, not ideal.
Unsullied hanging in Casterly Rock, meh.

Or all three working together to kill Lannisters, much worse if you're a Lannister, like Jaime. Trying to kill Dany was 100% the right move. If it works, war over, if he fails he dies, now or later, either way he's dead. Jaime just saw what the next few months were going to look like, not good.

'But wait the Lannisters could hold up in KL forever with enough of the new AA weapons, and getting resupplied from the sea by Euron Greyjoy.'
After seeing what he just saw, that's not what I would be thinking. Take the shot.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the preview for next episode it showed Dany addressing the Lannister army, saying they need to bend the knee or die. don't know how those 2 could get away as they seemed to be sinking with that armor on and would need help. The daughter has already been poisoned. She is already dying. Do you expect Bronn to concoct an antidote out of nowhere?

They were in the water. Armor comes off and they both can swim. It is not established that they are going to be captured. I could also see that the Imp might have helped them get away, seeing that Jamie is his brother and Bronn his best friend. It just makes logical sense that Bronn rescues the little Sand Snake and Jamie kills her mother for killing his daughter. Gus made a good point, I think, that the snake could have developed a good immunity to the poison to begin with and putting the potioneer under the knife to give her the antidote.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The war is not over with Dany's death. Instead of someone that wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms calling the shots, yoou would have Dothraki running wild raping and pillaging. The idea the war would be over with Dany's death is precisely the reason Jamie is not a great strategic thinker and most likely why he remains Cersei's bitch.

If you think 1000,000 Dothraki with Dany in charge are unchecked then how much moreso would they be unchecked without Dany to rein them in?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see Jaime as a coward in the TV show. He just charged at a dragon ffs. Neither him nor Cersei are great parents but he hasn't had that kind of relationship with any of his kids cause they've hid the fact he is their dad. He just had that one moment with his daughter right before she died. Is he somehow different with the kids in the book?

Jamie doesn't show himself as a coward in neither the books nor the series. Anything but. HE has stated a couple of times already in this season that he has made mistakes but learns from them.