Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure how anyone could confuse that scene with Jaime going after Drogon. It repeatedly cuts between shots of him and Dany. He's focused on nothing but her up until a giant fucking dragon head swings between them:

[video=youtube;ZlXICdiUZ_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXICdiUZ_c[/video]

Once again TJ jumps in to add his drivel to try and help his little buddies with their stupid opinion.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I'm not sure how anyone could confuse that scene with Jaime going after Drogon. It repeatedly cuts between shots of him and Dany. He's focused on nothing but her up until a giant fucking dragon head swings between them:

[video=youtube;ZlXICdiUZ_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXICdiUZ_c[/video]

Maybe he was thinking Jaime was trying to recreate St. George and the Dragon? Granted The Hawk doesn't strike me as an art aficionado.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Funny stuff. The thread's theme is "Ares making a fool of himself and pretty much talking in tongues". I especially love how Ares and Shifty talk to each other to plan their respective attacks against me.

He figured you guys out. You know the only way you can defeat his powerful verbal kung-fu is if you band together and strike with a series of well planned coordinated attacks.

The Hawk is not, I repeat not paranoid or delusional.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jamie grabbed a spear... and he was riding at a dragon that was like 20 times the size of his horse.... you think Jamie is so dumb he thinks he can kill a dragon that big with one thrust of a spear?

He was going after Dany... only you are Special person enough to think otherwise.

Funny you calling anyone on this board a "Special person" Who in the hell set fire to his army? Why would he grab a spear of all things to try and kill a little girl? Jamie is a swordsman dumb shit. He grabbed a big ass spear to try and kill Drogon who was wounded and on the ground. Hell, that was Jamie's and Bronn's main concern and the reason they had the dragon killer at hand. He would not have used a big assed spear but rather a sword to take out little bitty Dany.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like how you whine about people insulting you, then insult people.

#FullHawk

:hawked:

If you had half of a brain, you'd have seen that this was directed at Shifty intentionally because that was pretty much the same thing he said to me in an earlier post. It is called IRONY dipshit.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess I'm board buddies with Ares, but he is getting his ass handed to him by Hawk.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jamie grabbed a spear... and he was riding at a dragon that was like 20 times the size of his horse.... you think Jamie is so dumb he thinks he can kill a dragon that big with one thrust of a spear?

He was going after Dany... only you are Special person enough to think otherwise.

Bottom line. Jamie is a warrior. Considered at one time to be the best swordsman in the world. He just watched his army get fried by a big ass dragon and go pissed. the great warrior wanted that beast killed. I am sure he knew that he was going to die but didn't give a shit. He was going to go out as the warrior that he is. In a way he acted the same way that Jon Snow acted after his little brother was cut down by Ramsey. What did he do? He charged and expected to die until his guys save him. In a way, Jon and Jamie are linked in a way by their definition of great warriors but flawed leaders.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Bottom line. Jamie is a warrior. Considered at one time to be the best swordsman in the world. He just watched his army get fried by a big ass dragon and go pissed. the great warrior wanted that beast killed. I am sure he knew that he was going to die but didn't give a shit. He was going to go out as the warrior that he is. In a way he acted the same way that Jon Snow acted after his little brother was cut down by Ramsey. What did he do? He charged and expected to die until his guys save him. In a way, Jon and Jamie are linked in a way by their definition of great warriors but flawed leaders.

Don't we have some high school teachers around? What would you guys say this is, 9th grade level book report?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jamie was trying to kill Dany, not the dragon, sorry, but your wrong. Watch what the show producers have to say about it.

[video=youtube_share;X17pjukf8rA]https://youtu.be/X17pjukf8rA[/video]

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
C'mon nc0, the producers don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about. Clearly he thought he was going to kill the dragon with that stick...

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawk has to be trolling.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy usually has much better reading comprehension. Dothraki unchecked without Dany. Give it reread you'll get it.

Of course the war is over if Dany is dead, who steps up Varys, the imp, Grey Worm, Missandei. lol

Repeating now, having unchecked leaderless Dothraki, dragons roaming the skies, and leaderless Unsullied chilling in Casterly Rock is much better than having them united under Dany trying to kill Lannisters. The lesser of two evils.

Except your statement was the war would be over. Having unchecked Dorthraki roaming the country raping and pillaging does not mean the war is over. Having Jon Snow as King of the North does not mean the war is over. Having an Unsullied Army at Casterly rock does not mean the war is over.

I will grant you that killing Dany means all these factions would not be united under one leader but they would still exist and they all would have reason to continue the war save for maybe the Unsullied and even then Missandei and Greyworm would probably continue the war if for no other reason than to get revenge for Dany's murder.

Dany didn't plan on using all 3 of them against the Lannisters at KL anyway. The army that was suppose to attack KL was to come from Dorne because per Tyrion's plan they didn't want foreigners ie the Unsullied and Dothraki directly attacking KLs.

So for all we know killing Dany and without any clear leadership results in several armies descending on KLs as whose going to force the Dothraki, Unsullied or anyone else to stick to the plan if they all want a piece of KL and the Lannisters? Dany's restraint based on the advice of Tyrion was the only reason KL and the Lannisters weren't already dead.

Having said that, if you can take Dany out with little risk then by all means do so. But as it stands, he likely had no chance to escape the dragon after killing Dany so he's removing himself and Dany from the game without thoroughly thinking through the potential implications. That's a bad play. You don't sacrifice an important piece in the game in haste. Hence why Tyrion and Bron recognized, it was a fool's gamble.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How to ruin a perfectly cool GoT thread. Let Hawk and Remy show up. Can we get a GoT mod up in this bitch?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a more interesting note of hypotheticals, what happens to Cersie's forces if/when she loses Jamie?

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
quick question for those game of thrones historians...if jaime is a known king slayer how is that he remained in the kings guard? no dishonorable discharge or anything..i mean he didn't even get a flogging...just stank face and a hurtful nickname

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How to ruin a perfectly cool GoT thread. Let Hawk and Remy show up. Can we get a GoT mod up in this bitch?

Like a Faith Militant type MOD?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
quick question for those game of thrones historians...if jaime is a known king slayer how is that he remained in the kings guard? no dishonorable discharge or anything..i mean he didn't even get a flogging...just stank face and a hurtful nickname

His dad tywin orchestrated everything including cersei and Robert getting married

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jamie was trying to kill Dany, not the dragon, sorry, but your wrong. Watch what the show producers have to say about it.

[video=youtube_share;X17pjukf8rA]https://youtu.be/X17pjukf8rA[/video]

Okay. You are correct and my theory was wrong.