Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On that note, I read a recap where they said he idiotically charged a dragon with a spear, trying to kill it.... he was gonna kill Dany lol, he had no illusions of killing Drogon.

The above is a silly notion. Please forgive Ares because he is still recovering from the ass whippings he received recently on this board. Ares thinks he is smart. We all know better:)

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were in the water. Armor comes off and they both can swim. It is not established that they are going to be captured. I could also see that the Imp might have helped them get away, seeing that Jamie is his brother and Bronn his best friend. It just makes logical sense that Bronn rescues the little Sand Snake and Jamie kills her mother for killing his daughter. Gus made a good point, I think, that the snake could have developed a good immunity to the poison to begin with and putting the potioneer under the knife to give her the antidote.
Maybe Jaime and Bronn get away but the Sand Snakes are done. We won't see them again. This has been made clear.

We don’t get to see that or see the fate of Ellaria herself and according to actress Indira Varma, we never will. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly after Sunday’s episode, Varma reveals that her character won’t be back and doesn’t exactly get the send off she wanted:

[Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] called me, but I kind of knew already. Obviously there’s lots of trimming going on. It’s all coming to a head and you have to get rid of less important characters that the audience hasn’t had the chance to invest in as much. So I was expecting it. I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, “As long as I die on screen…” and they were like “Yeah!” But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said he was a coward as it relates to Cersei. Once again, Jamie is a decent dude and can be honorable and courageous when he is not influenced by Cersei.

Further, even his dwarf brother slapped Joffery around when necessary. Jamie is a bitch plain and simple when it comes to Cersei and his family. What makes his cowardice even more pathetic is the fact that we know he can be courageous when dealing with others.

But hey if I missed all these times where he courageously stood up to his sister or Joffery, let me know. If I missed where he chastised Cersei when she said Tommen betrayed them after he committed suicide, let me know.

Until then, stop defending this cuckold's embarrassing display around Cersei. At this point it is clear Cersei has the penis in their relationship.

He loves his sister who just about RAPED him after the sand snakes scene. There are a couple of redemption stories playing out in this series. Certainly Jamie is one of them and Theon is the other. The Imp certainly awhile ago. Jamie's and Theon's story will result in probably heroic endings. I think the Imp will end up standing "TALL".

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean Dany was 2 inches from Drogon.... Jamie had to charge at both of them to try to kill Dany.... lol I can almost guarantee he gonna tell Bronn "I was trying to take out the girl, if I killed her, this might end before it begins"

Of course then you have 3 wild dragons with no mama roaming Westeros and a bunch of pissed off Dothraki with no one to rein them in...

Hilarious.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True I suppose.... but still if ur Jamie and you think it thru you can't count on anyone controlling said dragons cept Dany.... also if he had gutted Dany, did he thing he could get away from Drogon? He woulda been ded af

The above is a great example of a guy floundering and grasping at straws.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And also letting his emotions take control a bit, he has bad memories of the last time a Targaryen ruled the 7 kingdoms and thought he could stop it from happening at that moment acting as a king/queenslayer again.

When you think about it, this is what a warrior would do. He just saw a dragon and the Dothraki destroy his army and he is pissed. What else would a warrior leader do but to try and kill that dragon?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jaime charging made complete sense, he wanted to kill Dany.

100,000 Dothraki unchecked raping and pillaging, not good at all.
Dragons flying where ever they want, not ideal.
Unsullied hanging in Casterly Rock, meh.

Or all three working together to kill Lannisters, much worse if you're a Lannister, like Jaime. Trying to kill Dany was 100% the right move. If it works, war over, if he fails he dies, now or later, either way he's dead. Jaime just saw what the next few months were going to look like, not good.

'But wait the Lannisters could hold up in KL forever with enough of the new AA weapons, and getting resupplied from the sea by Euron Greyjoy.'
After seeing what he just saw, that's not what I would be thinking. Take the shot.

RIdiculous argument. How does killing off Dany end the war? Fact is that it by no means does. No. He was aiming for the wounded Drogon. He knows that the gold made it to Kings Landing. HE knows that they still control the sea for the most part. ANd he knows that a part of his army is behind Kings Landing walls. SO he wants to take Dany's main weapon out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thread should be re-titled "The Hawk responds to all posts about Game of Thrones with his rambling nonsense"

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how anyone could confuse that scene with Jaime going after Drogon. It repeatedly cuts between shots of him and Dany. He's focused on nothing but her up until a giant fucking dragon head swings between them:

[video=youtube;ZlXICdiUZ_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXICdiUZ_c[/video]

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jaime charging made complete sense, he wanted to kill Dany.

100,000 Dothraki unchecked raping and pillaging, not good at all.
Dragons flying where ever they want, not ideal.
Unsullied hanging in Casterly Rock, meh.

Or all three working together to kill Lannisters, much worse if you're a Lannister, like Jaime. Trying to kill Dany was 100% the right move. If it works, war over, if he fails he dies, now or later, either way he's dead. Jaime just saw what the next few months were going to look like, not good.

'But wait the Lannisters could hold up in KL forever with enough of the new AA weapons, and getting resupplied from the sea by Euron Greyjoy.'
After seeing what he just saw, that's not what I would be thinking. Take the shot.

The war is not over with Dany's death. Instead of someone that wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms calling the shots, yoou would have Dothraki running wild raping and pillaging. The idea the war would be over with Dany's death is precisely the reason Jamie is not a great strategic thinker and most likely why he remains Cersei's bitch.

If you think 1000,000 Dothraki with Dany in charge are unchecked then how much moreso would they be unchecked without Dany to rein them in?

Remy usually has much better reading comprehension. Dothraki unchecked without Dany. Give it reread you'll get it.

Of course the war is over if Dany is dead, who steps up Varys, the imp, Grey Worm, Missandei. lol

Repeating now, having unchecked leaderless Dothraki, dragons roaming the skies, and leaderless Unsullied chilling in Casterly Rock is much better than having them united under Dany trying to kill Lannisters. The lesser of two evils.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
RIdiculous argument. How does killing off Dany end the war? Fact is that it by no means does. No. He was aiming for the wounded Drogon. He knows that the gold made it to Kings Landing. HE knows that they still control the sea for the most part. ANd he knows that a part of his army is behind Kings Landing walls. SO he wants to take Dany's main weapon out.

You light up my life.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jamie grabbed a spear... and he was riding at a dragon that was like 20 times the size of his horse.... you think Jamie is so dumb he thinks he can kill a dragon that big with one thrust of a spear?

He was going after Dany... only you are Special person enough to think otherwise.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Dorne never happened in the show, none of the story would have needed to change in any meaningful way. Really, the only thing they'd have to change is how the mountain turned into a zombie and how to kill off Marcella. At no point in the show has Dorne mattered. In fact, every scene that took place in Dorne was entirely unimportant, all of it could have happened off screen and the show would have been better for it.

My goodness but you are an idiot. That is a stupid assessment by a stupid person.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My goodness but you are an idiot. That is a stupid assessment by a stupid person.

I like how you whine about people insulting you, then insult people.

#FullHawk

:hawked:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if Dorne will ever actually participate in this story... or will we get to the conclusion and Dorne just chilling in Dorne eating spicy peppers and drinking wine.

Shifty must have called you and asked for help, huh? BTW......who is the character "Dorne" that you referred to? Come-on, Ares, you really are showing yourself to be very limited in insight.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shifty must have called you and asked for help, huh? BTW......who is the character "Dorne" that you referred to? Come-on, Ares, you really are showing yourself to be very limited in insight.

Just keep going #FullHawk

:hawked:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Jaime and Bronn get away but the Sand Snakes are done. We won't see them again. This has been made clear.

We don’t get to see that or see the fate of Ellaria herself and according to actress Indira Varma, we never will. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly after Sunday’s episode, Varma reveals that her character won’t be back and doesn’t exactly get the send off she wanted:

[Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] called me, but I kind of knew already. Obviously there’s lots of trimming going on. It’s all coming to a head and you have to get rid of less important characters that the audience hasn’t had the chance to invest in as much. So I was expecting it. I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, “As long as I die on screen…” and they were like “Yeah!” But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.

I think that this is just an intentional misdirection. I do not believe that the producer would allow the actors to directly reveal the truth about what will happen. Doesn't make sense to allow that to happen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think that this is just an intentional misdirection. I do not believe that the producer would allow the actors to directly reveal the truth about what will happen. Doesn't make sense to allow that to happen.

Come on man lol this can't be real

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As others have mentioned, they aren't at all important to the story which is about to take a turn and put full focus on the war with the army of the dead.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This thread should be re-titled "The Hawk responds to all posts about Game of Thrones with his rambling nonsense"

Funny stuff. The thread's theme is "Ares making a fool of himself and pretty much talking in tongues". I especially love how Ares and Shifty talk to each other to plan their respective attacks against me.