Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I keep hearing speculation about how Jon knows something.... and the NK will need to be killed a certain way.... how does anyone know this?

There is zero detail or description of the Night King we see in the show in the books.... in the books it is said he originated from the Night's Watch thousands of years ago and the show didn't bother with any of that speculative Westeros narrative.

The show has only shown us the Night King a few times.... we know he was created by the Children of the Forrest.... we know he has some way of stirring up winter storms wherever he goes..... we know he has the ability to essentially shield himself from fire on the ground.... we know he can turn dead people/babies/animals into wights/White Walkers.

We have never seen him fight.... the throw at the dragon was the first time he picked up a weapon.... so no idea if his fighting skills are elite.

No one has tried to kill him with anything and failed, so we don't know what can/cannot kill him.

Jon had a stare down with the NK at hardhome and again shortly last episode.... how does Jon know anything more than the viewers?

And if one more person says maybe Bran told him.... he hasn't fucking seen/talked to Bran yet.

I did mention how Jon hasn't seen Bran and had even thought he was dead til getting that 1 message.

All I'm saying is Jon senses he is more powerful than the other WWs.

The idea that there will need be a special way to kill him is likely from the Azor Ahai prophecy the red witch spoke of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I did mention how Jon hasn't seen Bran and had even thought he was dead til getting that 1 message.

All I'm saying is Jon senses he is more powerful than the other WWs.

The idea that there will need be a special way to kill him is likely from the Azor Ahai prophecy the red witch spoke of.

Yeah I wasn't trying to single you out, I have seen/heard that from more than you or people on this board.... stuff like "Jon knows he will need something special to kill the NK".... I think that is better said "I as the viewer, believe the NK won't die like any ordinary White Walker and Jon will need something more than just his Valyrian Steel sword to kill the NK"

Lol the "Jon Snow knows nothing" line is so apt here.... he literally knows nothing about the Night King.... and as viewers we know barely more than him.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Think the Azor Ahai prophecy will have a lot to do with it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I wasn't trying to single you out, I have seen/heard that from more than you or people on this board.... stuff like "Jon knows he will need something special to kill the NK".... I think that is better said "I as the viewer, believe the NK won't die like any ordinary White Walker and Jon will need something more than just his Valyrian Steel sword to kill the NK"

Lol the "Jon Snow knows nothing" line is so apt here.... he literally knows nothing about the Night King.... and as viewers we know barely more than him.

The Jon Snow before death knew nothing. After death, the boy became a man.

You're right though, right now he knows no more about the NK than the viewers and it is this viewer's belief that the NK is far more powerful than other White Walkers and will be near impossible to kill but by then, Jon Snow will know something and if anybody can kill NK, it's our brave little hero.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Jon Snow before death knew nothing. After death, the boy became a man.

You're right though, right now he knows no more about the NK than the viewers and it is this viewer's belief that the NK is far more powerful than other White Walkers and will be near impossible to kill but by then, Jon Snow will know something and if anybody can kill NK, it's our brave little hero.

I just hope the fight between NK and Jon is epic... I was beyond disappointed with Jon vs Ramsay

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I just hope the fight between NK and Jon is epic... I was beyond disappointed with Jon vs Ramsay

In what way? Ramsay was a bully hiding behind an army. He loved to torment and tease, but really had nothing to back it up in the way of fighting skills (except maybe his bow skills, which he tried to use to no effect). If tested warrior Jon hadn't beaten the living *#%& out of him when he got a hold of him, THAT would have been disappointing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

This one won't be a squash but I'd worry that it involves some crazy shit that makes it comical.

Between Bran's involvement in everything and that final showdown, I'd hate to see them fuck up what's been a great show.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In what way? Ramsay was a bully hiding behind an army. He loved to torment and tease, but really had nothing to back it up in the way of fighting skills (except maybe his bow skills, which he tried to use to no effect). If tested warrior Jon hadn't beaten the living *#%& out of him when he got a hold of him, THAT would have been disappointing.

Ramsay is not a pussy hiding behind guards..... in the books he is described as a good fighter, but more brawler than swordsman.

The way he just shot arrows at Jon and then went down and got beat was lame to me.

When Jon finally got to him, even if it was turned into a fist fight brawl where Ramsay and Jon beat the shit outta eachother and Jon overcomes Ramsay, that would have been fine, but they simply decided to skip any actual fight between the two and have Ramsay inexplicably allow himself to get throat chopped by a dude lumbering at him with a shield and then go down and take a beating with zero fight..... it was lame.... you build this villain up and finally when Jon gets to fight him, he doesn't fight him.... the beating was satisfying, don't get me wrong.... but I wanted that final fight between the two where Jon could overcome Ramsay in combat and then beat him senseless.

This is my personal opinion.... I think it could have been done a bit better.

I am not a fan of villains being huge pussies who just hide behind henchmen and are then easy to kill/capture once you get to them.... it is far more satisfying IMO when a guy like Jon fights and defeats a guy like Ramsay in some form of combat.... I don't consider Jon dodging arrows and throat-chopping Ramsay to be a real fight and it cements this notion that Ramsay was a shitty/pussy fighter who had to hide and shoot arrows.... dude was a brawler, I woulda enjoyed seeing him and Jon brawl to a finish much like how it finished after the throat chop.

For comparison.... will you enjoy it if Jon and his army fight the Wights and Jon gets to the Night King and it turns out the Night King sux and it takes 2 seconds for Jon to cut him down and it is over, much like any other White Walker?

Would that be a satisfying climax after several seasons of build up?

I mean you wanna see Jon win... against Ramsay (unless ur hbk) and against the NK.... but if the fight to end the big bad guy is easy, it steals the impact of the victory, at least to me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This one won't be a squash but I'd worry that it involves some crazy shit that makes it comical.

Between Bran's involvement in everything and that final showdown, I'd hate to see them fuck up what's been a great show.

Prolly gonna be Jon on Rhaegal vs Night King on Viserion.... eventually they will wind up on the ground fighting.... Jon will throat chop the Night King with a shield and punch him to death, easy peasy. :troll:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Catspaw dagger will have something to do with killing the NK. And judging by how far he threw that spear, it's hard not to imagine him not knocking a sword from anyones hands in a sword fight, regardless of if it shatters or not. You still have to hold on to it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Catspaw dagger will have something to do with killing the NK. And judging by how far he threw that spear, it's hard not to imagine him not knocking a sword from anyones hands in a sword fight, regardless of if it shatters or not. You still have to hold on to it.

So he will just throw ice spears at Jon as he runs towards him with a Valyrian Steel shield.... then throat chop the Night King with the shield and beat him senseless and then let Sansa feed the Night King to some dragonglass toothed hounds?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm hearing rumblings that the finale of season 7 was leaked, but I do not see it on torrents yet.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Yeah I've looked but no success. I hate going through torrents on my home PC. Things old as dirt and gets eaten alive if go to the wrong stuff.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'll gladly watch it in Betamax quality if true.

I still don't understand that. wait a couple days and watch it in HD or 'I need it now even if it looks like shit!".

You're that guy that splooges all over her panties before she can take them off.

Liked Posts:
I still don't understand that. wait a couple days and watch it in HD or 'I need it now even if it looks like shit!".

You're that guy that splooges all over her panties before she can take them off.

How about I watch it in poor quality now and then watch it Sunday in glorious HD?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Catspaw dagger will have something to do with killing the NK.

Doubt it. I think it's just about the irony of LF giving it to Bran who then gives it to Arya who uses it to cut LF's throat.

Last edited: