Game of Thrones Thread

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
For comparison.... will you enjoy it if Jon and his army fight the Wights and Jon gets to the Night King and it turns out the Night King sux and it takes 2 seconds for Jon to cut him down and it is over, much like any other White Walker?

Of course not. The Night King and Ramsay aren't in the same zip code for bad-assedness. The greater the foe, the greater the battle should be, clearly.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course not. The Night King and Ramsay aren't in the same zip code for bad-assedness. The greater the foe, the greater the battle should be, clearly.

Well think about the exits of the best GoT villains.... lol Tywin Lannister died on the shitter.... Roose Bolton got gutted by his son.... Walder Frey died at dinner....

Ramsay got throat chopped and then eaten by dogs in captivity

I don't have much faith they will end the NK as a villain well

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Damn. That was some leap from beta leaked GOT watching to premature ejaculation.

You liked that huh? Same mentality, give her a minute to take those panties off, pussy is worth the wait. So are HD dragons.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do I get the feeling Jaqen is going to return next season, look down on Arya and say, "I am your father"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No way bro lol that would blow people's minds. I might start doing drugs if that happens

But I think there are faceless men close to every king/queen. Why and who they are fighting for idk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While most of that is true, I'd say there's more to it. Jon knows NK is not going to be as easy to kill as the other WW he killed earlier in that episode. What works on other White Walkers, won't necessarily work on NK.

The stare downs between Jon and NK foreshadow the 1 on 1 battle the 2 will have in the end.

What do you think though Jon knows and how did he find that out?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep hearing speculation about how Jon knows something.... and the NK will need to be killed a certain way.... how does anyone know this?

There is zero detail or description of the Night King we see in the show in the books.... in the books it is said he originated from the Night's Watch thousands of years ago and the show didn't bother with any of that speculative Westeros narrative.

The show has only shown us the Night King a few times.... we know he was created by the Children of the Forrest.... we know he has some way of stirring up winter storms wherever he goes..... we know he has the ability to essentially shield himself from fire on the ground.... we know he can turn dead people/babies/animals into wights/White Walkers.

We have never seen him fight.... the throw at the dragon was the first time he picked up a weapon.... so no idea if his fighting skills are elite.

No one has tried to kill him with anything and failed, so we don't know what can/cannot kill him.

Jon had a stare down with the NK at hardhome and again shortly last episode.... how does Jon know anything more than the viewers?

And if one more person says maybe Bran told him.... he hasn't fucking seen/talked to Bran yet.

YOu have a good point about what and how Jon knows to deal with the NK. We are commenting on the disagreement between Jon and Beric because what Beric said appeared to be pretty astute. As for whether Jon not seeing or talking to Bran, there is so much stuff that happens in this series that is latently defined if then. I just find it curious what Jon knows that Beric doesn't and how he knows it. They are the only two people other than the NKs minions that have died and come back to the living which is kind of a bond between them. Maybe Jon's uncle also so maybe he related something to Jon?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do I get the feeling Jaqen is going to return next season, look down on Arya and say, "I am your father"

That would be a great thing if Jaguen comes back into the story. Those two could pretty much kill everyone in power in King Landing. Maybe he is already there?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ramsey was the best bad ass in this entire series. It was his sinister smile that mad him the total bad ass. I loved the Jon 17 gun salute on his ass and then Sansa letting the dogs out. But Ramsey had a great role in this entire series:)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
YOu have a good point about what and how Jon knows to deal with the NK. We are commenting on the disagreement between Jon and Beric because what Beric said appeared to be pretty astute. As for whether Jon not seeing or talking to Bran, there is so much stuff that happens in this series that is latently defined if then. I just find it curious what Jon knows that Beric doesn't and how he knows it. They are the only two people other than the NKs minions that have died and come back to the living which is kind of a bond between them. Maybe Jon's uncle also so maybe he related something to Jon?

Benjen was with Jon for like 10 seconds.... Jon knows nothing more than the viewers about NK.

All Jon says to Berric is "Ya don' understand" when Berric suggests they need to kill the NK since he raised all of the dead.

Jon definitely knows the NK is special... he saw him raise all those dead at Hardhome.... I think his point to Berric was basically that the NK is powerful and may have powers/abilities we can't fathom.... simply charging at him desperately would be unwise.

Jon has seen more than anyone on the show, but as a viewer you've seen as much as him.... he doesn't know anything major that we don't know.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you think though Jon knows and how did he find that out?
Ares is right... Jon knows nothing. I'm just thinking he's thinking the way I'm thinking.

After the finale, Jon will know something... his own name.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be a great thing if Jaguen comes back into the story. Those two could pretty much kill everyone in power in King Landing. Maybe he is already there?
I've seen some of the Ned is still alive theories but they're kinda weak and lack staying power but in thinking about how Jaqen was so ready to take Arya under his wing and seemed to take a special liking to her, I'm thinking maaaaaybe. Then last episode Arya was reminiscing with bitch face about a time she went shooting arrows at the target and when she finally hit the bulls eye, daddy Ned was clapping. They both knew it was against the rules but it couldn't have been wrong or dad wouldn't have approved. I see foreshadowing everywhere in this show.

Benjen was with Jon for like 10 seconds.... Jon knows nothing more than the viewers about NK.

All Jon says to Berric is "Ya don' understand" when Berric suggests they need to kill the NK since he raised all of the dead.

Jon definitely knows the NK is special... he saw him raise all those dead at Hardhome.... I think his point to Berric was basically that the NK is powerful and may have powers/abilities we can't fathom.... simply charging at him desperately would be unwise.

Jon has seen more than anyone on the show, but as a viewer you've seen as much as him.... he doesn't know anything major that we don't know.
Exactly

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone else feel like including Benjen in the show the way they did was kinda weird?

Presuming Benjen is the Coldhands character from the books... his biggest role was getting Bran to the three-eyed-raven in the book, but they opted to not use him in that role in the show.... but he did wind up helping Bran/Meera get back to the wall.... then he shows up to save Jon and die(?)

I feel like Coldhands/Benjen will play a more important and/or coherent role in the books if Martin ever finishes them than Benjen did in the show.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else feel like including Benjen in the show the way they did was kinda weird?

Presuming Benjen is the Coldhands character from the books... his biggest role was getting Bran to the three-eyed-raven in the book, but they opted to not use him in that role in the show.... but he did wind up helping Bran/Meera get back to the wall.... then he shows up to save Jon and die(?)

I feel like Coldhands/Benjen will play a more important and/or coherent role in the books if Martin ever finishes them than Benjen did in the show.
What I got from the show was that he died but the children of the forest stopped him from completely turning and falling under the power of NK. ?Ok, I guess. He seemed to have no purpose after that other than to protect Starks, namely Bran and Jon... so one and a half Starks for those keeping score. I've seen it said that Bran summoned him to help him get to the wall and then again to help Jon. I saw no indication in the show that that's how it happened but it would, at least, explain how he showed up out of nowhere in their times of desperate need.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I got from the show was that he died but the children of the forest stopped him from completely turning and falling under the power of NK. ?Ok, I guess. He seemed to have no purpose after that other than to protect Starks, namely Bran and Jon... so one and a half Starks for those keeping score. I've seen it said that Bran summoned him to help him get to the wall and then again to help Jon. I saw no indication in the show that that's how it happened but it would, at least, explain how he showed up out of nowhere in their times of desperate need.

I guess my point is more....in the books Benjen seemed important and mysteriously went missing.... then Coldhands showed up and helped Bran.... the theories were he might be Benjen which is cool and perhaps the show was just fulfilling that theory... but Benjen/Coldhands seemed like a mysterious character in the books that would perhaps play a larger role later in the story.... but Benjen just kinda shows up, disappears, shows up again, and dies lol

I am presuming Benjen is Coldhands here.... and if the show couldn't really spend time on him as I am imagining RR Martin might, then why even bother?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess my point is more....in the books Benjen seemed important and mysteriously went missing.... then Coldhands showed up and helped Bran.... the theories were he might be Benjen which is cool and perhaps the show was just fulfilling that theory... but Benjen/Coldhands seemed like a mysterious character in the books that would perhaps play a larger role later in the story.... but Benjen just kinda shows up, disappears, shows up again, and dies lol

I am presuming Benjen is Coldhands here.... and if the show couldn't really spend time on him as I am imagining RR Martin might, then why even bother?
I get it. I haven't read the books but have read about them and the differences between them and the show. Just thinking on it now, the whole thing with Benjen would have been far more interesting if they did add the type of mystery there is with NK and had him stay around long enough to play a role in either the NK's demise or retreat.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies

Benjen? You mean Uncle Bad-Writer-Bail-Outer?