Game of Thrones Thread

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Unless I'm mistaken, but Jaime has always seemed to do the "right" thing. He also seems intent on heading North and believes Jon. Again, you can't be redeemed if you've always done the right thing.

When Jaimie was with brienne and she kept yapping at him about oathes at the end of their journey it did seem like Jaimie wanted redemption for all he has done

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When Jaimie was with brienne and she kept yapping at him about oathes at the end of their journey it did seem like Jaimie wanted redemption for all he has done

One could argue that him killing the Mad King was for the good of many. I'm just saying, I think he's always had it in him, and it's not some 180 degree face turn.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless I'm mistaken, but Jaime has always seemed to do the "right" thing. He also seems intent on heading North and believes Jon. Again, you can't be redeemed if you've always done the right thing.

The right thing was to fuck your sister and push a child out a window?

The right thing was to attack the Hand of the King, Ned Stark, because his wife took your brother prisoner?

He's had his share of wrongs.

If you want to tell me he is on a redemption path I could buy it.

1. Serve Mad King right up until the end.
2. Murder Mad King and allow a drunkard Robert to become King
3. Secretly fuck your sister and sire a psycho bastard in Joffrey who becomes King and hurts people
4. Let your psycho son-King get killed (he see's it this way, not really true)
5. Let your psycho sister/fuck-buddy murder your younger son-King's family, which leads to his suicide
6. Let your daughter get poisoned by the Dornish, now all your children's deaths are on you (again he likely see's it this way)
7. Let your psycho sister-wife become Queen and fuck up the war against Night King
8. Finally choose to abandon your psycho sister-wife-Queen and fight against the White Walkers
9. Give your life to make a difference, perhaps ironically saving Bran after crippling him.

I could see Jamie feeling he needed redemption.... he's failed so many people so many times, whether fair or not.

Hell the Hound feels the need for redemption simply because he was an asshole thug/soldier his whole life.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Shoving Bran off the tower was pretty wrong. The first episode was meant to set the tone for Jaime being a villain, everything after that was part of his redemption.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
One could argue that him killing the Mad King was for the good of many. I'm just saying, I think he's always had it in him, and it's not some 180 degree face turn.

The way the actor carried himself it looked like a guy ready for redemption. Someone who saw where all his misdeeds have left him- lose all three kids, his sis killing all those people in the sept, all the wars, losing his hand etc.

He looks like someone that wants to be on the right side this time. All his other actions before that were selfish

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cersei drinking wine? What up with that?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
(I forgot about the pushing Bran out the window deal)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, pushing a young boy out a 4 story window and sleeping with ones sister; who also happened to be married to the King and him a member of the Kingsguard, aren't exactly things Saints are made of.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man am I ready for this to happen.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaime's biggest crime against the Starks is his attempt to murder their son, Bran. Most do not assume attempted murder of a boy to be "right." He will earn redemption w/the Starks when he fight with them and likely saves the life of one. He will earn redemption with viewers when he wraps his hands around Cersi's neck and chokes the life out of her.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Was there anyone else who wanted to remind me about him pushing Bran out of the tower?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;rlR4PJn8b8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlR4PJn8b8I[/video]

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaime's biggest crime against the Starks is his attempt to murder their son, Bran. Most do not assume attempted murder of a boy to be "right." He will earn redemption w/the Starks when he fight with them and likely saves the life of one. He will earn redemption with viewers when he wraps his hand around Cersi's neck and chokes the life out of her.

fify

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of crazy theories, might as well make up our own, so here is mine........

Remember the Prophecy that said "The dragon must have three heads"? Now that there are only two dragons left, it can't be dragons themselves, or even dragon riders for that matter. My guess is that it means three leaders, which is shaping up to be Dany, Jon, and Jamie.

And as for the Prince that was Promised, the debate centers mainly on is it Dany or is it Jon? Of course there is the other option that it could be the child of the two, but that doesn't really make sense as the PtwP is supposed to be a key player in the battle against the darkness, and I am not sure how an unborn child can fulfill that role (unless it is needed is some sort of sacrifice, which is a bit dark for me to believe).

I find it curios that Mel thinks it is jon (and she was already wrong once) and another red priestess, Kinara, thinks it is Dany. I allow for the possibility one could be right and the other wrong, but find it more likely that they are both wrong. So, if we follow that logic, and eliminate both Dany, Jon, and an unborne child, who does that leave?

Has the answer always been a literal interpretation, and the prince that was promised, (gasp) actually a prince?
Rhaegar changed his mind many times in regards to how he could fulfill the prophecy. He thought the dragon must have 3 heads at one time but not in the end. He had 2 children and was looking for the third to fulfill that part of the prophecy but his wife could have no more babies and that is why he chose to pursue Lyanna. By the time he had Jon, he knew he was the one to fulfill the Azor Ahai prophecy which is why he named him Aegon even though he had named his last son, who died, Aegon.

Mel's feelings about Jon being the Prince that was promised only intensified when she was near him at the wall. That's when she said she asked the Lord of Light for Azor Ahai and all she saw was Snow.

And speaking of weird theories, recently saw another that says Dany will die and they must sacrifice her/Jon's baby to resurrect her.