Game of Thrones Thread

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I just don't understand how this battle is supposed to go down. Army of the dead come in and overwhelm the living army. They don't have enough fire power. They'll have to lose living troops in masses vs the dead hordes. Even if the army of the living defeat a large portion of the dead, it will be logically impossible. As we saw beyond the wall, the dead rise again after battle, and in even greater numbers due to living casualties. The Dragon's aren't safe to burn the dead army either.

It just seems like a losing battle overall. Not sure how they're going to twist it all around, but the army of the dead should realistically, almost kill every single person easily.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't understand how this battle is supposed to go down. Army of the dead come in and overwhelm the living army. They don't have enough fire power. They'll have to lose living troops in masses vs the dead hordes. Even if the army of the living defeat a large portion of the dead, it will be logically impossible. As we saw beyond the wall, the dead rise again after battle, and in even greater numbers due to living casualties. The Dragon's aren't safe to burn the dead army either.

It just seems like a losing battle overall. Not sure how they're going to twist it all around, but the army of the dead should realistically, almost kill every single person easily.

The dragons will kill many and then when Jon kills NK, the rest will be destroyed with him. The emphasis will be on stopping them from advancing into Kings Landing since the population there is so high. If they were to be killed and turned then the numbers would be too overwhelming.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, I know you really don't believe this, your just having some fun. A big suprise plot twist is one thing, but it has to make sense, in which this fails that test miserably. Again, why would Rhaegar try to kill Bran? And if he was a faceless man, couldn't he have achieved the mission easily?
Admittedly, I don't have all the details ironed out. The twist will include the faceless men and Rhaegar, I do believe.

This was 1 moment, especially, that links Syrio to Jaqen. This link seems certain. The whole video tells of their link together but the scenes I specifically point to occur back to back from 1:45 - 2:00

[video=youtube;9-r1wk0ZUDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-r1wk0ZUDg[/video]

With LF, there are things that definitely point to him also being the same man behind the other 2. There are things that make him seem the polar opposite. And there are things that are iffy and could go either way depending how you want to argue it. When he tells Jon, "You have many enemies, my King, but I promise you I'm not one of them", you can almost picture Rhaegar saying that to his son who never knew him. Yeah, there's plenty of times to recall where LF just looks like he's in it for nobody but himself or is he just playing the LF role as Petyr Baelish would so none would suspect he wasn't him? And, in the end, was he trying to pit the sisters against one another or be that common enemy that would cause them to become more united than ever?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The syrio = jaquen I am ok with. it's the LF is a faceless man I have issues with.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The Jaqen thing in itself, outside of the whole theory mess, has me intrigued. Such an interesting story, with no back story in the show. Maybe the books had more?

The stripe of his white hair is what has me leaning towards he may play a bigger role, or be some hidden character. He also has the facial features of the Targs they've shown throughout the show.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The dragons will kill many and then when Jon kills NK, the rest will be destroyed with him. The emphasis will be on stopping them from advancing into Kings Landing since the population there is so high. If they were to be killed and turned then the numbers would be too overwhelming.
But the NK now has a dragon, and we see what he does with his spears. I just don't logically think that the dragons are safe in the battles. Do you risk giving the NK more dragons? They went down easily vs him previously. He almost had a second one shortly after. Maybe I'm over analyzing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Jaqen thing in itself, outside of the whole theory mess, has me intrigued. Such an interesting story, with no back story in the show. Maybe the books had more?

The stripe of his white hair is what has me leaning towards he may play a bigger role, or be some hidden character. He also has the facial features of the Targs they've shown throughout the show.
Haven't read the books but it's my understanding there is less. Perhaps an indication the show puts more emphasis on Jaqen than the faceless men in general.

But the NK now has a dragon, and we see what he does with his spears. I just don't logically think that the dragons are safe in the battles. Do you risk giving the NK more dragons? They went down easily vs him previously. He almost had a second one shortly after. Maybe I'm over analyzing.
It's the only war that matters with the fate of the world hanging in the balance, not the time to fear using your greatest weapons. It's also what will make it easier for the North and remaining Starks to accept Daenerys. Without her dragons, they'd have little hope of defeating the army of the dead. Will be even easier for Arya to accept as she's not only more inclined to trust Jon's judgement but showed herself to be a fan of Targaryen history when she was a servant of Tywin's. She'll dig the dragons too as the latest teaser points to.

[video=youtube;w74FcsyBvHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w74FcsyBvHs[/video]

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Not over analyzing, they have to change their strategy on dragon use, not just against the NK but also against Cersi. Dany's advantage is 2 to 1 dragon advantage, the NK could have ice spears while he's riding on his ice dragon, ******* got a real cannon for an arm. Maybe use one dragon to get the ice dragon in a bad position for a trap.

Arial combat with an ice dragon vs two fire dragons, yeah, I'm about ready.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The ones that are obvious faceless men scenarios in the book

-Jaqen Hagar helping Arya
-faceless man at citadel
-faceless man training Arya in bravos
-faceless man killing Greyjoy

Those are the obvious ones and only the one saving Arya is for sure Jaqen Hagar. You just never know with a fm who is who.

But the books only go to 5 so we don’t know the significance of what they are doing and why.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Not over analyzing, they have to change their strategy on dragon use, not just against the NK but also against Cersi. Dany's advantage is 2 to 1 dragon advantage, the NK could have ice spears while he's riding on his ice dragon, ******* got a real cannon for an arm. Maybe use one dragon to get the ice dragon in a bad position for a trap.

Arial combat with an ice dragon vs two fire dragons, yeah, I'm about ready.

NK =/ Tyler Chatwood.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That would only be relevant if you were to assume jaquens face is his own, which it would most certainly not be.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Nk's army will split up, with a portion going to attack WF, while the other portion goes towards KL. I think the WF battle will be episode 2 or/and part of 3. Many will be lost, WF all but destroyed, but the living will prevail. The WF army will be greatly assisted by the vale, Dany's forces, and a rag tag army quickly thrown together/recruited by Jamie/Bronn (left over riverun forces, maybe some Freys/mountain people/ maybe even some crannogmen?). Meanwhile the other portion of the NK's army, and the NK himself march to WF, and that battle will be in episode 5. So perhaps the WF battle will never see the NK and his dragon (all though it is possible he could make an appearance in it as well), but will not have at his disposal all the wights (hey it takes time for an army of wights to march to KL). This leaves episodes 3-4 with Cersie/golden company/Euron vs Theon plot. Episode 6 to deal with the aftermath.

Not wrapping that in spoilers because all based on speculation vs the things I have heard.

Also, didn't a good portion of the Keeps forces under Randyl Tarley take a knee to Dany after the crushing defeat on the supply line raid? I have not heard them mentioned.

Maybe Theon, after defeating Euron and saving Yara, returns just in time with (maybe) some Dorne/Iron island fighters to assist in the KL's battle, that would help to complete his redemption arc (before he dies).

If Jaquen does make an appearance in season 8, the most likely spot would be by infiltrating the Golden Company army killing the commander and assuming his identity. this is turn would add another large force to help against the WW's at KL.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NK =/ Tyler Chatwood.

118 MPH Chatwood wishes.

[video=youtube;0ew8n5V2SBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ew8n5V2SBA[/video]

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am kinda torn on that stat, is that a 50% completion rate, or a 50% interception rate?

NK has never even thrown a pick. 1-2, 200 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int, rating 135.4