Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It benefited LF quite well, for quite sometime. Yes he met his end, but that was do to a wild-card he could have never imagined, Bran. And it's not just one faceless man, it would have taken two, the impostor (in your theory) that Arya executed would also have to have been a Faceless man.

That's a stretch, as LF had nothing to do with any of that, he was actually trying to get Sansa to be KoTN, not Jon. And Jon's rise to power is no more remarkable than Dany's, (his own sister in your theory). Are we to believe (again in your theory) he was largely responsible for that as well?
Definitely more than 1 faceless man in total but as far as Westeros and this story goes, Rhaegar is the only one we need concern ourselves with.

LF had nothing to do with all the chaos? Hahahahahaha. He had everything to do with it. The ending is described as bittersweet by the author. Sweet in the way it is resolved in the end. Bitter in the way it was achieved. Everything that befell those Starks who died was necessary to the rise of Jon. Jon Snow would never accept it. Aegon Targaryen may better understand why it was essential to saving the world.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh... if Jaqen and Little Finger were the same person.... serving on the council in King's Landing while also on guard duty at Harrenhal?

I know what you're referring to and trying to recall that scene/episode and exactly how it all went down to come up with a better answer. Gonna have to come back to this one. In any case, anyone or no one, could wear the face so Jaqen could have had assistance at any point.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Eh... if Jaqen and Little Finger were the same person.... serving on the council in King's Landing while also on guard duty at Harrenhal?

If you read the books Jaqen isn’t the only faceless man and remember he is no one anyone can use that face. Also remember Arya wasn’t dead but he also wore Arya face on the show. In the books you had Jaqen, fm who killed Greyjoy, fm at the citadel, and fm training Arya. I find it hard to believe that all of them were just one man

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
With most of the theories I’ve seen so far the one lf is a faceless man has been my favorite. I’m cool with it being Reagar also but don’t really see it. If this is how it goes down I think it will be some good plot twists. I still don’t think hbo is clever enough for it

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Has anyone read Fire & Blood (A Targaryen History)?

I downloaded it but have yet to take the deep dive.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes

read this part, it all but dismiss's the Rhaegor theory.

"Killing for personal gain or out of anger or hate are forbidden to Faceless Men."
Arya did it in the extreme and there seemed to have been no consequences.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
With most of the theories I’ve seen so far the one lf is a faceless man has been my favorite. I’m cool with it being Reagar also but don’t really see it. If this is how it goes down I think it will be some good plot twists. I still don’t think hbo is clever enough for it
Even if not proven 100% true, I definitely think part of it is that twist in the end.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Rhaegar conspired to kill Bran, who will be Jon's greatest ally in the fight against the NK.........riiiiiiighhhhtttttt......

smdh

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Rhaegar conspired to kill Bran, who will be Jon's greatest ally in the fight against the NK.........riiiiiiighhhhtttttt......

smdh
Again, you pretend Rhaegar has special powers that enables him to foresee the future and tell him how instrumental Bran will be for Jon while also assuming LF was attempting to do anything more than cause more conflict between the Starks and Lannisters.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, you pretend Rhaegar has special powers that enables him to foresee the future and tell him how instrumental Bran will be for Jon while also assuming LF was attempting to do anything more than cause more conflict between the Starks and Lannisters.

why would causing conflict between the Starks and Lannisters help Rhaegars cause? Your making the same leeps of faith.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
why would causing conflict between the Starks and Lannisters help Rhaegars cause? Your making the same leeps of faith.
Chaos and many Starks must be removed before the bastard can ascend to the top of the ladder.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chaos and many Starks must be removed before the bastard can ascend to the top of the ladder.

LOl, and put a target on his back in the meantime........Okkkayyyy

And all this time be completely oblivious to the happenings of what is going on at the wall, you know, where Jon actually resides for the first 6 seasons........

Not to mention, Jon died.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOl, and put a target on his back in the meantime........Okkkayyyy

And all this time be completely oblivious to the happenings of what is going on at the wall, you know, where Jon actually resides for the first 6 seasons........

Not to mention, Jon died.
He didn't put a target on his back, he put it on a Lannister's back if you recall. And, again, Rhaegar is a regular man, not omnipotent in anyway, not even tied in to the network.

Doubt he was oblivious as to what was going on beyond the wall. You just assume that cause it wasn't addressed in the show. The prophecy Rhaegar adheres to tells of Azor Ahai being reborn. Jon was reborn. That would all seem to be going as planned to him.

When a big twist is being set up, you can expect some clues but should never expect it to all be laid out for you. There will be more than enough cause to make you doubt the upcoming twist or not even entertain the idea of it. That's what makes it such a surprise. But, afterwards, you can point to some of the clues along the way.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't put a target on his back, he put it on a Lannister's back if you recall. And, again, Rhaegar is a regular man, not omnipotent in anyway, not even tied in to the network.

Doubt he was oblivious as to what was going on beyond the wall. You just assume that cause it wasn't addressed in the show. The prophecy Rhaegar adheres to tells of Azor Ahai being reborn. Jon was reborn. That would all seem to be going as planned to him.

When a big twist is being set up, you can expect some clues but should never expect it to all be laid out for you. There will be more than enough cause to make you doubt the upcoming twist or not even entertain the idea of it. That's what makes it such a surprise. But, afterwards, you can point to some of the clues along the way.

LOL, I know you really don't believe this, your just having some fun. A big suprise plot twist is one thing, but it has to make sense, in which this fails that test miserably. Again, why would Rhaegar try to kill Bran? And if he was a faceless man, couldn't he have achieved the mission easily?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
One ending that I won’t be satisfied with is the matrix ending

Where John can kill the night walkers just by night king touching him cause he is made from ice and fire. That would be lame and typical no creativity hbo style.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
One ending that I won’t be satisfied with is the matrix ending

Where John can kill the night walkers just by night king touching him cause he is made from ice and fire. That would be lame and typical no creativity hbo style.

I would assume if you kill the NK. All the rest die like when they killed the one who turned those.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I get that but I mean the manner in killing the night king. Like neo allowed the agent to take him over which killed him and all his clones. If John allows night king to turn himwhich will lead to killing night king and his zombies. That’s been done already hope hbo does something new and different

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get that but I mean the manner in killing the night king. Like neo allowed the agent to take him over which killed him and all his clones. If John allows night king to turn himwhich will lead to killing night king and his zombies. That’s been done already hope hbo does something new and different

Nah, think they will battle the army of the dead for about 4 or 5 episodes. Episode 5 will be the showdown between Jon and NK. Mel will call for the sacrifice of another child, Sam. Jon will refuse. Bran will tell him somebody does need to be sacrificed and tell Jon he need plunge his sword through Melisandre’s heart. He will do that and go on to defeat NK. They’ll sack KL in about 5 minutes afterwards since Other Jon/Dany allies have depleted Cersei’s forces in the meantime.

The last episode will show them rebuild and then, of course, the big twist is revealed.