Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is Tyrion comes up with one of his plans as a result of this conversation. I am sure it will come into play later on when the NK is eventually defeated.
Hardest for me to see the direction Tyrion will be taking. Guess cause I have it in my mind he'll be executed for treason. Do think he's all in with Team King Jon, right now, in this fight against the dead. Possibly something Bran says to him causes him to think of a way they can defeat NK since Bran really has no info to draw on for that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaime w/hand proved to be more honorable than Ned Stark himself. When he fought Ned, he stopped and didn't take advantage after one of his men angered him by interfering. When Ned fought Dane, he couldn't beat him with the help of 3 men even though he told his children 1,000 times he beat him. In reality, he lost even while quadruple teaming him and was only saved when his pal, Howie, stabbed Dane in the back. Jaime without hand jumped in a pit to save Brienne from a Bear. All Theon did was help someone run away and survive a knee to the balls cause he's got no balls.
LOL, Was not looking to see which one was more honorable though, and I really don't have a dog in that fight. Jamie is one of my favorite characters (Bronn too), so I would merely be playing the devil's advocate just to argue for arguments sake.

I am just pointing out, Theon (and maybe rightfully so) has had a rougher redemption journey than Jamie.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hardest for me to see the direction Tyrion will be taking. Guess cause I have it in my mind he'll be executed for treason. Do think he's all in with Team King Jon, right now, in this fight against the dead. Possibly something Bran says to him causes him to think of a way they can defeat NK since Bran really has no info to draw on for that.
Well, he could be conspiring with Cersie (although if that happens I think it will manifest later), and still see the NK as a VERY significant threat in itself that needs to be dealt with, and thus take an active part with team Jon in his defeat.
We know Tyrion is on trial for treason at the end, but do we really know he is guilty and/or executed? That goes back to my Tyrion being setup by Jorah theory, which follows the betrayal for love prophecy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't anyone find it odd that Mel isn't at WF, for the big showdown? If she was so certain she had a role to play in the defeat of the NK, how can she possibly know that this is not where she needs to be?

Back to that little girl with the burn mark.............I am sure that little girl is going to be significant.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, Was not looking to see which one was more honorable though, and I really don't have a dog in that fight. Jamie is one of my favorite characters (Bronn too), so I would merely be playing the devil's advocate just to argue for arguments sake.

I am just pointing out, Theon (and maybe rightfully so) has had a rougher redemption journey than Jamie.
I don't think someone is redeemed cause some nut, who had no involvement in Theon's own crimes, tortures him. That served to break him, not redeem him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, he could be conspiring with Cersie (although if that happens I think it will manifest later), and still see the NK as a VERY significant threat in itself that needs to be dealt with, and thus take an active part with team Jon in his defeat.
We know Tyrion is on trial for treason at the end, but do we really know he is guilty and/or executed? That goes back to my Tyrion being setup by Jorah theory, which follows the betrayal for love prophecy.
The thing with the Jorah setup theory is, if he knows Tyrion can't be trusted when it comes to his family name and just defends him to give him more time to dig his own grave with Dany, isn't he putting her in undo danger and thus betraying her himself?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think someone is redeemed cause some nut, who had no involvement in Jamies own crimes, cuts off his hand. That served to change him, not redeem him.

fify

Not saying that redeemed him, but both Jamie and Theon had events that started them down the path of redemption. both will be instrumental in keeping Bran alive, both had tried to kill him in the past.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing with the Jorah setup theory is, if he knows Tyrion can't be trusted when it comes to his family name and just defends him to give him more time to dig his own grave with Dany, isn't he putting her in undo danger and thus betraying her himself?

But I do think he knows Tyrion can be trusted in regards to Dany, so he doesn't feel he is putting her in danger. He is the perfect fall guy though, as there is already a good deal of doubt about him on Dany's side.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't anyone find it odd that Mel isn't at WF, for the big showdown? If she was so certain she had a role to play in the defeat of the NK, how can she possibly know that this is not where she needs to be?

Back to that little girl with the burn mark.............I am sure that Little girl is going to be significant.
Mel's absence is odd but obviously plot driven. She shows up for round of Aegon vs NK, as does Bronn. Both will help with the defeat of NK. Mel, the sacrifice. Bronn will shoot down the Ice Dragon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
fify

Not saying that redeemed him, but both Jamie and Theon had events that started them down the path of redemption. both will be instrumental in keeping Bran alive, both had tried to kill him in the past.
Jaime's redemption arc quite a bit different. Always had honor and bravery. Became less smug and more righteous.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mel's absence is odd but obviously plot driven. She shows up for round of Aegon vs NK, as does Bronn. Both will help with the defeat of NK. Mel, the sacrifice. Bronn will shoot down the Ice Dragon.
Well, both your theory and my theory could be true though. Mel could be at WF, but she does not prove to be instrumental in the defeat of the NK until round 2. She could however be instrumental in the escape during round 1.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaime's redemption arc quite a bit different. Always had honor and bravery. Became less smug and more righteous.
And yet, Theon is accepted and forgiven by the Starks already, jamie has not.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet, Theon is accepted and forgiven by the Starks already, jamie has not.
Not fair! This one handed man has shown up to fight the most lethal enemy ever and gets no respect. Theon pretends he'll defend the crippled, while really just avoiding the actual fight, and gets a Sansa hug. Go figure.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not fair! This one handed man has shown up to fight the most lethal enemy ever and gets no respect. Theon pretends he'll defend the crippled, while really just avoiding the actual fight, and gets a Sansa hug. Go figure.
LMAO. so Theon, volunteering to be in what would appear to be the main target of the whole invasion, is an act of cowardice?

Come on man! ;)

edit And Jamie refused to fight the mountain. Theon has more balls.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO. so Theon, volunteering to be in what would appear to be the main target of the whole invasion, is an act of cowardice?

Come on man! ;)
Oh, please, don't act like he's not covered by the 2 Targaryen leaders and their dragons.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im pretty positive Theon is going to die for a Stark one way or another.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, please, don't act like he's not covered by the 2 Targaryen leaders and their dragons.
What would be interesting if the NK never shows up at WF at all, opting to go straight for KL or *Oldtown

* if the NK's goal is to wipe out all memory of mankind, wouldn't the Citadel be a major target of his as well as Bran?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would be interesting if the NK never shows up at WF at all, opting to go straight for KL or *Oldtown

* if the NK's goal is to wipe out all memory of mankind, wouldn't the Citadel be a major target of his as well as Bran?
Been considered til the preview showed Jon saying the NK is here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been considered til the preview showed Jon saying the NK is here.

So if Bran is the primary target
Bran doesn't die next episode
Nk still has a dragon, and doesn't lose it next episode...........

.......Looks like the NK and his army never make it to KL
.......The Nk is finally defeated in episode 4?

Makes no sense for the NK to head to KL before Bran is dealt with.
Or does the NK die in the end of episode 3, Wf is lost in the process?
Maybe they head to last Hearth, the survivors?