Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I highly doubt the series ends before the books. Doesn't make any sense unless Martin dies. Were barely on season 4 while he is working on the last two books right? GoT has been confirmed to be at least 7 seasons long. That is over three years time.

HBO intends to invite George RR Martin to a wedding.... then shoot him with crossbows.... and write Robb Stark back in to the remainder of the story.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone have any ideas for Game of Thrones GIFs that don't exist right now?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I highly doubt the series ends before the books. Doesn't make any sense unless Martin dies. Were barely on season 4 while he is working on the last two books right? GoT has been confirmed to be at least 7 seasons long. That is over three years time.

I don't remember if you were a book reader or not however book 5 took him 5 years to write. His first GOT book came out in 1996, IIRC.

That gives me 2 years to write/finish 2 books. I say that because they will have to film the last season obviously by 2016 for it to air 2017. I don't see that happening.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's the rush? They have nothing but time.

White Walkers reaching the wall????? Someone quick..... Notify Jesse Jackson and Sharpton:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's the rush? They have nothing but time.

White Walkers reaching the wall????? Someone quick..... Notify Jesse Jackson and Sharpton:)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't remember if you were a book reader or not however book 5 took him 5 years to write. His first GOT book came out in 1996, IIRC.

That gives me 2 years to write/finish 2 books. I say that because they will have to film the last season obviously by 2016 for it to air 2017. I don't see that happening.

If the first one came out in 1996.... and each book takes 5 years to write.... ok im not great at math but somewhere along the line he had to of written a book or 2 in less than 5 years :D

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Major??? I'd say no. Rickon's character for the life of me I can't figure out. In the books just like the series he is just there. He isn't brought up from what I remember much. Also, interesting random point. Robb Stark is not a Point Of View character in the books all of his story is told in Cat's chapters.

Oh dang. Something just dawned on me in regards to Rickon.

Bran's circumstance arguably make Rickon the heir to Winterfell at some point.

Also, another random thought. Right before Littlefinger kicked Lysa through the moon door he said, "Only Cat", and not "Only your sister". Same effect but it was a very memorable line in the books. I thought that scene was exceptional.

Yes it was. I also liked how Tyrion and Brohn ended things. Up front and honest which doesn't happen a lot with the characters involved
in the story. Wonder if this ends things for Brohn. Does he go off to some castle with his wife and live a dull life?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he's 70, obese, and smokes. not looking good.

also, go shit in your hat, jester. :)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No I am not a book reader and no I had no idea it took him that long to make the books. Yeah. It would seem then that the series would end before the books.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
series might also leapfrog the books since books 4 and 5 take place contemporaneously and if this season is any indication, they will be 'compressing' a lot of the stuff in those (not least because most of book 4 was boring as shit)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
series might also leapfrog the books since books 4 and 5 take place contemporaneously and if this season is any indication, they will be 'compressing' a lot of the stuff in those (not least because most of book 4 was boring as shit)

Interesting.... I thought season 3 and season 4 were a bit slower, more setup than action.... you saying he slows the pace down even further in the following 2 books?

Like are we gonna have episodes where Tommen won't eat his vegetables and the whole episode is about how Cersei tricks the boy-King into not only eating his veggies but learning a life lesson on listening to one's elders?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps Cersi goes from fucking her brother to fucking her son. I mean I don't know how else that crazy as bitch can top her craziness.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps Cersi goes from fucking her brother to fucking her son. I mean I don't know how else that crazy as bitch can top her craziness.

It could turn out she has been a cunt to Tyrion all her life cause she dreamed of being DP'd by her 2 brothers and found out it wouldn't be feasible with a midget in the mix

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not a book reader is short hand for saying I have not read these particular books. I am not saying I don't read books at all. Many people would prefer to experience the series then read the books for all the details and differences. I don't want to watch the series knowing most of what will happen apart from the few deviations the series has taken thus far.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not a book reader is short hand for saying I have not read these particular books. I am not saying I don't read books at all. Many people would prefer to experience the series then read the books for all the details and differences. I don't want to watch the series knowing most of what will happen apart from the few deviations the series has taken thus far.

Dude it was just a joke; you don't need to defend yourself.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude it was just a joke; you don't need to defend yourself.

So did you start watching GoT yet or are you still undecided on whether you will give it a shot?