Game of Thrones Thread

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Littlefinger will be fine. There is no way that the Lords of the Vale are going to keep up with the circular logic and mind fucking that Littlefinger will assault them with. By the time he leaves the room they will be planning a parade in his honor.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
man it's so hard to read these threads and not talk about what's actually going to happen.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens with the White Walkers in the north

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please keep spoilers way the fuck out of this thread or in spoiler tags. I already accidentally read of one death and its been ruining shit for me ever since.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
man it's so hard to read these threads and not talk about what's actually going to happen.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens with the White Walkers in the north

Same...I feel like Martin is putting Daenerys and her dragons to the side until the WW's become a more eminent threat. You got all the crazy shit going down in Westeros, but outside of that you have the WW's to the north(Ice) and Daenerys and her dragons(Fire) to the East...

Just a matter of time...that shit is going to be crazy. Also, just the general amount of plotlines and random stories that Martin will tie together in the last book will be nuts.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like lots of char-broiled bishes to me :D

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Yes, this is true.... I forgot about that conversation.

Lannisters are more desperate to stay allies with the Tyrells than anyone realized earlier in the series, probably why Cersei is giving ground with Margaery and saying she will marry Loras.

Stannis may finally break them if he gets the Iron Bank on his side.... I still wonder why he didn't team up with Robb Stark, even if he had to betray him later cause he didn't want a King in the North.... if Robb and Stannis had teamed up, Robb coulda told Walder Frey to shove it.... Robb coulda hit King's Landing from the North and Stannis from the sea and Stannis would already be on the Iron Throne like he wants.

Renly, regardless of his taste for cock.... had the right idea as far as the war was concerned.... team up with the Starks and crush the Lannisters.

Because Stannis is legally the king and he's so fucked in the head when it comes to law that he couldn't fathom the thought of there being multiple kings in Westeros.

As soon as Rob Stark became "King in the North" he became Stannis's enemy. I think it's pretty easy to miss in the show, where in the books it's literally all written out for you, but Stannis doesn't want to be the king for the power or glory; he's doing it because he's supposed to. Robert Baratheon died and all he left behind were illegitimate kids which means Stannis should, technically be on the throne. The dude is so fucking rigid, and he is so set in stone that he can't see it any other way; he wants to sit the Iron Throne because that's what the law says.

Also, a lesser motivation is he was always a bit jealous of Robert, he was Robert's older brother and so he did resent him a bit for seizing the throne AND for being so brash and essentially free. However, he fully recognized that Robert won it by force, and Stannis is also self aware enough to know he's not a loveable guy, and that he isn't "popular", but that doesn't change the fact that he has the bloodline, and experience leading men (as a general, which he's always been billed as being a good one).

So, one of the things that neither the books or show ever explicitly address, and is something that's sort of a pet theory of mine (and other people) is that the older generation of people in the show remember, or at least had parents that talked about and remembered when Westeros was stable.

The Mad King that Robert over threw was completely bat shit insane and horrible, HOWEVER the Targaryan's did rule Westeros for hundreds of years. All those years were at least relatively stable, there were good kings and shitty kings of course, there were small wars like when the Greyjoys would rise up every once in a while (the show talks briefly about the Greyjoys and there attempted successions and usurping and such), but -nothing- like what's happening now.

So these older people in the show, people like Ned and Stannis and Jon Arryn (who's assination got the shows ball rolling), guys like them were raised on law, order, honor and all that jazz and weren't ready to deal with guys like Tywin and Littlefinger. I'm sure there were always guys like them, but, they weren't the ones in power, the Targaryans were around to keep that shit in check. I think, that when you get down to it there really is only one old guard type guy left in any sort of power, which is Stannis. I think that when you consider that all this insane chaos and shit is all pretty new, guys like Stannis just can't deal with it and it helps explain his motivation.

Remember in season 1, all Ned's talk about honor and shit? The very first scene we had with him, and one of the first in the entire show is him schooling Robb and his male kids that if you pass the judgement you gotta carry it out. That kind of code of honor and crap just doesn't work when your opponent is Tywin who takes out a massive enemy with a few letters, not a great sword. Robb died for similar reasons his dad did. Yeah, he won on the battlefield, yeah he was honorable and all that jazz, but he was his father's son, he believed in all that crap and because of that he didn't see the Frey's coming. Getting killed at his own wedding, when he ate Walders bread and drank his wine was completely unthinkable.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Peter Baelish is the baddest mofo in Westeros.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peter Baelish is the baddest mofo in Westeros.

Arya is the rookie of the year in the baddest mofo catagory.

5342cc4e74aafd2e55caab32_needle.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Question... who is technically the heir for the Starks/Winterfell at this point in the show?

I thought sons always trumped daughters, so like Bran or Rickon would trump Sansa or Arya.

Though the Lannisters talk about Sansa being the key to the North as heir to Winterfell...

Obviously none of them are in a position to take control and try to re-take the North, but I was curious which of them is technically the heir.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Question... who is technically the heir for the Starks/Winterfell at this point in the show?

I thought sons always trumped daughters, so like Bran or Rickon would trump Sansa or Arya.

Though the Lannisters talk about Sansa being the key to the North as heir to Winterfell...

Obviously none of them are in a position to take control and try to re-take the North, but I was curious which of them is technically the heir.

Bran

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Makes sense.... then why do the Lannisters say Sansa is key to the North, do they assume she is heir because everyone believes Bran and Rickon were killed by Theon?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Makes sense.... then why do the Lannisters say Sansa is key to the North, do they assume she is heir because everyone believes Bran and Rickon were killed by Theon?

Exactly. No one knows Bran and Rickon are live other than Asha and Hodor, well and I guess Sam.

I just started re-watching (I'm caught up) this with my girl. We are on episode 1 of season 3. I kind of spoiled the fact that even now no one knows Bran and Rickon are alive in the series. lol She keeps asking me spoilers. I have yet to spill any beans other than the Bran and Rickon thing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly. No one knows Bran and Rickon are live other than Asha and Hodor, well and I guess Sam.

I just started re-watching (I'm caught up) this with my girl. We are on episode 1 of season 3. I kind of spoiled the fact that even now no one knows Bran and Rickon are alive in the series. lol She keeps asking me spoilers. I have yet to spill any beans other than the Bran and Rickon thing.

Idk if its really a spoiler but feel free to answer with just a yes or no and tag it.... do Rickon/Osha play any major role in the story after they leave Bran?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think it has something to do with Sansa's son being the assumed heir, which is why Tywin hooks up Tyrion with Sansa.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it has something to do with Sansa's son being the assumed heir, which is why Tywin hooks up Tyrion with Sansa.

Ah so we are back to the Lannisters wanting a midget to rape a child.... such a fine house they are.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Lannisters believe that all of the stark boys are dead. Not sure how Ned Starks brother plays into this but being a leader in the Night Watch
could mean that he doesn't have succession rights. Therefore, I believe that Sansa would be the heir of Winterfell being the oldest remaining
of Ned's bloodline.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My problem with what Stannis is doing with the Iron Bank is this. They asked him what kind of an army that he had as well as a navy and he had little
of either. So............ what is the Bank going to do? Buy him an army and navy of sell swords? Dorne? They hate the Lannisters with a passion. Maybe
they throw in with Stannis? And the Lannisters
will have an interesting time of it borrowing money from old lady Riggs I bet. Then there is Khalesi and her army of ten thousand plus three growing
dragons. She can't take over everything on her own. It seem to me that the Game of Thrones is going to be ripe with alliances when the big wars come???

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Idk if its really a spoiler but feel free to answer with just a yes or no and tag it.... do Rickon/Osha play any major role in the story after they leave Bran?

Major??? I'd say no. Rickon's character for the life of me I can't figure out. In the books just like the series he is just there. He isn't brought up from what I remember much. Also, interesting random point. Robb Stark is not a Point Of View character in the books all of his story is told in Cat's chapters.

Oh dang. Something just dawned on me in regards to Rickon.

Bran's circumstance arguably make Rickon the heir to Winterfell at some point.

Also, another random thought. Right before Littlefinger kicked Lysa through the moon door he said, "Only Cat", and not "Only your sister". Same effect but it was a very memorable line in the books. I thought that scene was exceptional.