Game of Thrones Thread

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So was anyone else wondering how Stannis pulled off his surprise rescue and ass whooping of the Wildlings?

He was down and out.... he didn't have much of an army and virtually no navy left.... assuming he put together enough force and bought up ships.... how did he get that far in to the North without having to deal with the Greyjoys fleet or the Boltons or any other former Stark bannermen?

Were the Wildlings that weak from the battle that their 100,000 strong force could not take on Stannis? I feel like I am missing details that I will probably find in the book when I get to it.

The Iron Islands are on the opposite side of the continent from the narrow sea (where Stannis' home base of Dragonstone is), so he could have sailed up without anyone getting in the way.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Yeah. But is the Hound gonna die? How about his brother the Mountain? Who delivers the news to POP GILGANE? Or is he a giant killed at the wall by Stannis?

Their Dad died in a "hunting accident"...more than likely killed by Gregor.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Iron Islands are on the opposite side of the continent from the narrow sea (where Stannis' home base of Dragonstone is), so he could have sailed up without anyone getting in the way.

Ah ok... so I am guessing Stannis will try to ally with the Wildlings and get them to help him take King's Landing.... what do you think?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that might have been my favorite episode. The left out dialogue between those two people was disappointing. Also the lack of appearance from a certain someone was a HUGE let down for me. I really thought that would need to be a great ending for the season buy Arya's ending was good too.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Ah ok... so I am guessing Stannis will try to ally with the Wildlings and get them to help him take King's Landing.... what do you think?

Don't forget, while Mance has 100k dudes, how many are fighting men who have trained together? How many know how to fight cavalry (guessing there aren't a lot of mounted units up north)?

20k veteran cavalry lead by an experienced battle commander against 100k unprepared infantry/refugees that don't know anti-mounted tactics and don't have the gear for it (pikes, halberds, etc); well the infantry is gonna get smoked.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I think that might have been my favorite episode. The left out dialogue between those two people was disappointing. Also the lack of appearance from a certain someone was a HUGE let down for me. I really thought that would need to be a great ending for the season buy Arya's ending was good too.

After reading interviews with some directors for the series, she may not be in the show at all.

Also, they totally screwed the pooch on the Tyrion/Jaime scene at the end. They really fucked Tyrion's motivations for later in the series by skipping that one conversation.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
After reading interviews with some directors for the series, she may not be in the show at all.

Also, they totally screwed the pooch on the Tyrion/Jaime scene at the end. They really fucked Tyrion's motivations for later in the series by skipping that one conversation.

No Coldhands. No L_D_ S___E_EA_T!? WTF!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No Coldhands. No L_D_ S___E_EA_T!? WTF!!

I am tempted to wiki the spoiler about the "missing lady".... I heard the basics of the spoiler but not why or how it affected the story.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I am tempted to wiki the spoiler about the "missing lady".... I heard the basics of the spoiler but not why or how it affected the story.

She's relatively minor, but is important for a certain characters later development.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

She isn't a huge deal. Just kind of neat. Much like Coldhands. I wouldn't read the spoiler though because if she appears it would be better not to know she is coming.

Something else I noticed. Jojen Reed isn't dead in the books. I wondered why they killed him. I remember Bran getting attacked and Hodor whipping tail but I don't remember the Hadoken tossing child.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
She isn't a huge deal. Just kind of neat. Much like Coldhands. I wouldn't read the spoiler though because if she appears it would be better not to know she is coming.

Something else I noticed. Jojen Reed isn't dead in the books. I wondered why they killed him. I remember Bran getting attacked and Hodor whipping tail but I don't remember the Hadoken tossing child.

Was there more detail to the story with Bran and Jojen in the books? Cause that story was so sparse in the show that I was kinda indifferent to Jojen dying.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Was there more detail to the story with Bran and Jojen in the books? Cause that story was so sparse in the show that I was kinda indifferent to Jojen dying.

Not really that I remember. Jojen dying wasn't a big deal to me.

Brienne never fights the hound in the books either. I like the change. Brienne fighting the hound made me think someone was going to pop up though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really that I remember. Jojen dying wasn't a big deal to me.

Brienne never fights the hound in the books either. I like the change. Brienne fighting the hound made me think someone was going to pop up though.

Does the Hound fight someone in that part of the story? Or did they completely fabricate that part of the story?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Does the Hound fight someone in that part of the story? Or did they completely fabricate that part of the story?

I believe that wound he had festers and gets infected. IIRC. I think he gets to a point where he can't continue. He is assumed to be dead but there are theories that he ends up being a grave diggers somewhere. Normally I would put that in a spoiler tag but the series hasn't touched on quite a few fringe characters and the grave digger is one of them. So I'm going to assume the Hound won't be seen again in the series.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe that wound he had festers and gets infected. IIRC. I think he gets to a point where he can't continue. He is assumed to be dead but there are theories that he ends up being a grave diggers somewhere. Normally I would put that in a spoiler tag but the series hasn't touched on quite a few fringe characters and the grave digger is one of them. So I'm going to assume the Hound won't be seen again in the series.

Or we see him again in the first episode and he is alive and well.... Brienne finds him and saves his life.... HBO says "Fuck it, we like da Hound"

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
BRIENNE OF FUCKING TARTH....

thanks for saving me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
BRIENNE OF FUCKING TARTH....

thanks for saving me.

Then we have to see a terribly unnecessary love scene between da Hound and Brienne.... fucking HBO

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Or we see him again in the first episode and he is alive and well.... Brienne finds him and saves his life.... HBO says "Fuck it, we like da Hound"

The "Hound" is dead. Sandor might live on as the gravedigger but I'm sure the Hound is dead.

Jaquen is also thought to be alive as an alchemist in Oldtown.

Kind of like the Mountain is dead but Robb Strong lives.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never underestimate the Iron Bank:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Talk about a gal getting around....... Saw Lady Stark last night on the New 24. She's really a bad ass bitch in that series.