Yeah Supra that was the one I said fuck to lol

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I should have stopped clicking spoilers.... but I guess I coulda guessed that one TBH.

Is GoT gonna wind up like fucking Lost and everyone is in some pseudo-purgatory and its not clear who is actually alive or dead or whether anything happening was real and then the show will end?

Nope.

Well, at least through book 5, nope.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope.

Well, at least through book 5, nope.

I read a spoiler in an article yesterday which said
Balon Greyjoy died by the end of book 3, but in the show he is alive

Is that true? Did they just not entirely cover all of book 3 in season 4 so some stuff will hangover in to season 5?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I read a spoiler in an article yesterday which said
Balon Greyjoy died by the end of book 3, but in the show he is alive

Is that true? Did they just not entirely cover all of book 3 in season 4 so some stuff will hangover in to season 5?

Yes it is.

The series is going to depart from the books as far as time goes. Books 4 and 5 cover half of the characters in each book. So next 2 seasons will be covering books 4 and 5 at the same time.

I think that has more to do with certain characters just not progressing at the same rate as the books. He does die in the third book.

sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 on PPC.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes it is.

The series is going to depart from the books as far as time goes. Books 4 and 5 cover half of the characters in each book. So next 2 seasons will be covering books 4 and 5 at the same time.

I think that has more to do with certain characters just not progressing at the same rate as the books. He does die in the third book.

sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 on PPC.

Yeah I have heard that quite a bit with books 4 and 5 covering many characters over the same time span.

In your view was there a significant amount of material not covered for book 3 by the end of season 4 of the show?

Did season 4 actually hit the last chapter of book 3? It seemed to be kind of a light ending compared to the past 3 seasons which ended with a bang of sorts.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should have stopped clicking spoilers....

told-you-so-meter1.jpg

WC Jerome

King of the 'Universe'!!!
Liked Posts:
NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
Still never seen a minute of this show, but I might catch up soon on HBOGO.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah I have heard that quite a bit with books 4 and 5 covering many characters over the same time span.

In your view was there a significant amount of material not covered for book 3 by the end of season 4 of the show?

Did season 4 actually hit the last chapter of book 3? It seemed to be kind of a light ending compared to the past 3 seasons which ended with a bang of sorts.

This should answer your question.

It is a chapter breakdown for all 4 seasons.

http://i.imgur.com/w6KsJgG.jpg
w6KsJgG.jpg

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wait.... they covered content in Book 6 in the show and Book 6 has not come out yet..... :lmao:

Oh snap. I didn't even see that. That must be a Reek chapter. GRRM leaked a Reek chapter and I think an Arya chapter.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh snap. I didn't even see that. That must be a Reek chapter. GRRM leaked a Reek chapter and I think an Arya chapter.

Nah check it, its a chapter for a character named "Mercy"? Maybe thats the baby being handed over to that White Walker King dude.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nah check it, its a chapter for a character named "Mercy"? Maybe thats the baby being handed over to that White Walker King dude.

Found out what it was. It is an Arya chapter.

In season 4 she kills Polliver and she talks to him. When she asks him if she he needs to be picked up, that was taken from when she kills Raff the Sweetling in book 6. So basically it looks like they took dialogue from book 6 for one of her kills.

Polliver and Raff are combined into one person in the series. So to kind of keep that moment they used the scene from the book that is yet to be released.

Walk?” His fingers were slick with blood. “Are you blind, girl? I’m bleeding like a stuck pig. I can’t walk on this.”

“Well,” she said, “I don’t know how you’ll get there, then.”

“You’ll need to carry me.”

See? thought Mercy. You know your line, and so do I.

“Think so?” asked Arya, sweetly.

Raff the Sweetling looked up sharply as the long thin blade came sliding from her sleeve. She slipped it through his throat beneath the chin, twisted, and ripped it back out sideways with a single smooth slash. A fine red rain followed, and in his eyes the light went out.

“Valar morghulis,” Arya whispered, but Raff was dead and did not hear. She sniffed. I should have helped him down the steps before I killed him. Now I’ll need to drag him all the way to the canal and roll him in. The eels would do the rest.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The moment she started getting all "I don't give a fuck, ain't afraid of nobody" I was like okay just kill this bitch already.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder what event is going to bring all of the remaining Starks together. Now we have Stannis liking Jon Snow. If he can pull it off, he will have a huge army that he can train. Maybe Snow becomes their field general with the Onion Knight commanding the navy? I'd say that the Lannisters are in a world of shit.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I wonder what event is going to bring all of the remaining Starks together. Now we have Stannis liking Jon Snow. If he can pull it off, he will have a huge army that he can train. Maybe Snow becomes their field general with the Onion Knight commanding the navy? I'd say that the Lannisters are in a world of shit.

They'll all be dead soon I'm sure.