Game of Thrones Thread

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I wonder what event is going to bring all of the remaining Starks together. Now we have Stannis liking Jon Snow. If he can pull it off, he will have a huge army that he can train. Maybe Snow becomes their field general with the Onion Knight commanding the navy? I'd say that the Lannisters are in a world of shit.

Well, just following logistics, Snow is a member of the Night's watch. They serve for life. And they don't take part in the affairs of that don't concern the Wall.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I guess there will be no coldhands. They have left him out of every possible scene he could have.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
mNJAzOI.jpg

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Well, just following logistics, Snow is a member of the Night's watch. They serve for life. And they don't take part in the affairs of that don't concern the Wall.

He almost bailed once, who's to say he won't do it again?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
About Stannis and Jon Snow........

Stannis is the "one true king". Kings can give pardons. An offer is made remove his bastard title and make him a Stark and Lord of Winterfell. Stannis needs the North to rally behind him, having Jon Snow as an ally would do that.

Also...
Jon Snow dies. Well, he is left for dead and I think the Red Witch will bring him back. His watch is until death so maybe his oath would be met by his death.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, that's true. But........... By last count, there aren't too many "watchers" around. Maybe 50? But what did Mance say about Winter Coming and how they wanted to be behind that wall before it comes. It just may be that some of Mance's guys take up with the Nights watch and the old blind guy releases Snow from his vow in order to join Stannis as a general. Pretty fucking bad ass army, I think?

PS that was a great scene with Mance and Snow drinking grog toasting to their fallen comrades including the giant that fell.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, that's true. But........... By last count, there aren't too many "watchers" around. Maybe 50? But what did Mance say about Winter Coming and how they wanted to be behind that wall before it comes. It just may be that some of Mance's guys take up with the Nights watch and the old blind guy releases Snow from his vow in order to join Stannis as a general. Pretty fucking bad ass army, I think?

PS that was a great scene with Mance and Snow drinking grog toasting to their fallen comrades including the giant that fell.

nope

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
this is the best thread of all time from all of the forums here

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk if this has come up in the books.... but if it has throw me a spoiler book readers.

Benjen Stark.... has not been seen since first season.... no one talks about him anymore.... I guess to keep it general.... will he come up again in any important way? Or do we just find out like "Oh yep, there's his corpse.... he died".

I am thinking he shows back up with the White Walkers in some way whether as a blue eyed zombie or still alive.... but I also thought maybe his death was confirmed in some part in the book and they skipped it in the show.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Idk if this has come up in the books.... but if it has throw me a spoiler book readers.

Benjen Stark.... has not been seen since first season.... no one talks about him anymore.... I guess to keep it general.... will he come up again in any important way? Or do we just find out like "Oh yep, there's his corpse.... he died".

I am thinking he shows back up with the White Walkers in some way whether as a blue eyed zombie or still alive.... but I also thought maybe his death was confirmed in some part in the book and they skipped it in the show.

Never confirmed or mentioned that often in the books. Here are some good theories:
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/85015-benjen-stark-a-few-theories/

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
a prevailing rumor is he came back as coldhands, a 'good' white walker

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
a prevailing rumor is he came back as coldhands, a 'good' white walker

That would be cool but not sure if it works chronologically...

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The children of the forest said in the last book regarding Coldhands--"he died long ago"

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah they would know. it seemed like an almost too perfect fit, guess now I know why. he's gotta pop up somewhere though, I figure

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just watched a replay of Aria and the Hound. Remember when Arya and the Hound found that wounded soldier and the Hound dispatched him as a jesture of mercy> Then there was the other scene with the villager and his child in which the villager died and the Hound took his money saying that it wouldn't do him any good and that his kid wouldn't last the winter. How much symbolism was there in Arya taking the Hound's purse and then leaving him? Pretty cool if you ask me:)