Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well if The Hound is dead.... I applaud the HBO version of having him go down swinging..... much cooler than just getting an infection and dying.... I had thought he would get another showdown with his brother and either die fighting him or kill da Mountain by holding his face in a fire....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Talk about a gal getting around....... Saw Lady Stark last night on the New 24. She's really a bad ass bitch in that series.

She is a psychopath in 24 lol.... chopped her daughter's finger off to make a point

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does the Hound fight someone in that part of the story? Or did they completely fabricate that part of the story?

And why was Arya riding alone? And where was Brianne's squire? Did I miss something? Did they not have a conversation about Brianne trying to
find Sansa?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then we have to see a terribly unnecessary love scene between da Hound and Brienne.... fucking HBO

Imagine the kids that match would produce... fucking giants!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And why was Arya riding alone? And where was Brianne's squire? Did I miss something? Did they not have a conversation about Brianne trying to
find Sansa?

Well Arya didn't want any part of going anywhere with Brienne and da Hound was done so she went on her own finally.

Brienne's squire (Podrick) said he missed Arya sneaking away because he was paying attention to the fight in case she needed help, so he and Brienne lost Arya and will probably just go looking for Sansa next. What confuses me is what Brienne plans to do if she gets Sansa or Arya to go with her.... like da Hound said.... Winterfell is done.... Bolton's took over the North and wanna kill the Starks.... Lannisters control the South and cannot be trusted.... not sure what oath Brienne is keeping at this point.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine the kids that match would produce... fucking giants!

Speaking of giants.... if da Mountain went up against one of dem giants from beyond the Wall.... you think he could win?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
She isn't a huge deal. Just kind of neat. Much like Coldhands. I wouldn't read the spoiler though because if she appears it would be better not to know she is coming.

Something else I noticed. Jojen Reed isn't dead in the books. I wondered why they killed him. I remember Bran getting attacked and Hodor whipping tail but I don't remember the Hadoken tossing child.

Jojen wasn't a big deal in the books, and he was dying anyway, it's a side-effect of being a see-er that he is. Also, like I said earlier, it was Coldhands who helped Bran and co. get into the cave. The little 'child' is in the books.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Does the Hound fight someone in that part of the story? Or did they completely fabricate that part of the story?

In the book, the Hound get's drunk and ends up getting in a bar fight (the one that was in the show) and gets a wound that gets infected and such.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The "Hound" is dead. Sandor might live on as the gravedigger but I'm sure the Hound is dead.

Jaquen is also thought to be alive as an alchemist in Oldtown.

Kind of like the Mountain is dead but Robb Strong lives.
I don't think it's ever hinted that Jaquen is dead...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it's ever hinted that Jaquen is dead...

I'm not sure that the Hound is dead. I know what the book talked about it. But I am not sure that the Hound is going to die. As to his brother, what did that new "meister" pump into him anyway. I do not think that that was in the book. Was it? I also do not recall that Cersei was so much of a protector or influence on him. Maybe she just wanted her honey pot filled to the brim, eh?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure that the Hound is dead. I know what the book talked about it. But I am not sure that the Hound is going to die. As to his brother, what did that new "meister" pump into him anyway. I do not think that that was in the book. Was it? I also do not recall that Cersei was so much of a protector or influence on him. Maybe she just wanted her honey pot filled to the brim, eh?

The show definitely took liberties with the Mountain being worked on by Qyburn. The show made it seem pretty obvious that he was going to be 'saved' in some savage way. The book on the other hand keeps it less obvious. Cersei just tells Qyburn to do what he can to save the Mountain... there's some other stuff too which I won't spoil.

As for the Hound, the book doesn't make it clear that he's actually dead.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking she wants him to protect Tommen and kill any potential enemies of him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Haven't read a single word of any of the books, and just following along with this thread, I clearly don't know future shit - but my guess at the ending of this whole thing:

No nothing John Snow will rule supreme over everything.

Full Disclosure: I understand that is not a hard prediction to make.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm thinking she wants him to protect Tommen and kill any potential enemies of him.

Seems legit. The Hound was Joffrey's personal protector. Not very much of a stretch to make the Mountain Tommen's personal protector.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Haven't read a single word of any of the books, and just following along with this thread, I clearly don't know future shit - but my guess at the ending of this whole thing:

No nothing John Snow will rule supreme over everything.

Full Disclosure: I understand that is not a hard prediction to make.

Jon snow is dead in the books.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jon snow is dead in the books.

Not necessarily, they definitely went all Brutus/the Senators on him...but it doesn't actually say if he succumb to his wounds. That, and if he does die that will kind of blow my theory of the three Stark children controlling the three dragons when the shit really does start hitting the fan and they all have to go to war with The Others.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not necessarily, they definitely went all Brutus/the Senators on him...but it doesn't actually say if he succumb to his wounds. That, and if he does die that will kind of blow my theory of the three Stark children controlling the three dragons when the shit really does start hitting the fan and they all have to go to war with The Others.

I know that I'm hoping to ruin someone's day with that. Lol. The red witch is there so I'm assuming she will bring him back. Also GRRM actually spoiled that he is still alive.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I should have stopped clicking spoilers.... but I guess I coulda guessed that one TBH.

Is GoT gonna wind up like fucking Lost and everyone is in some pseudo-purgatory and its not clear who is actually alive or dead or whether anything happening was real and then the show will end?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I should have stopped clicking spoilers.... but I guess I coulda guessed that one TBH.

Is GoT gonna wind up like fucking Lost and everyone is in some pseudo-purgatory and its not clear who is actually alive or dead or whether anything happening was real and then the show will end?

Which spoiler did you click? One of mine was arguably a half truth. Dead ain't always dead. Actually left for dead isn't always dead to be specific.

Jon Snow isn't dead. He was left for dead and GRRM basically revealed that he isn't.