General Blackhawks/Wild IST

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Thats fine for a suspension. But an elbow to the head on Kruger by, I forget that D guys name gets ignored why?

Why does the NHL have a stone age mentality of outcome determines punishment over the action itself being punished.

But a guy playing rushed back from injury gets hurt and that's the basis for suspension decisions. It Just defeats any purpose the punishment has.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
29-19-23, 10-26-81, 20-16-88, 42-12-28.

Lines and Brookbank in for Rosival.

Versteeg and Regin in.....Bollig and Morin out. I guess that's an upgrade but it's now when you keep looking for that second center.

Liked Posts:
Avs fan here. Actually, I like the Blackhawks too. I can't tell all of you how much I hope you move past the Wild. After the nonsense with Matt Cooke, they don't deserve to get past the Hawks. Matt Cooke shouldn't even be allowed on the ice with other NHL players and the Wild are dirty just for paying him to wear their jersey. I also don't think it should be ruled out that Yeo encouraged Cooke in some way. But the Wild don't even deserve to be on the ice with the Hawks.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's your support that Yeo encouraged Cooke to eliminate Barrie (besides, of course, Yeo looks like a date rapist)?

Or, are you suffering from a Marc Crawford paranoia-complex?

Liked Posts:
What's your support that Yeo encouraged Cooke to eliminate Barrie (besides, of course, Yeo looks like a date rapist)?

Or, are you suffering from a Marc Crawford paranoia-complex?

It's based on the fact that people who were on Cooke's teams in Pittsburgh either loved how he played or they hated it. I can't see any shades of gray. A lot of his teammates resented having to stick up for him at a certain point...it got old. So there's no in between. Yeo was with Pittsburgh when Cooke was at his worst. So, the fact that Cooke was brought to Minnesota shows that Yeo wasn't one of the people who had become tired of his act when he was in Pittsburgh. Therefore, it's very logical to conclude that Minnesota was buying a pit bull when signing Cooke.

Last year the Blackhawks bounced Minnesota from the playoffs. The Blackhawks are a team that plays fast. If you're playing a fast team, one way to slow them down is to put a dirty player like Cooke on the ice. In the back of everyone's mind, the opposing players know he might take a shot at them. It doesn't even have to actually happen. The very threat changes how teams play.

The circumstances line up to be more than coincidental. Also, there's motive. And with that, there's nexxus.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I kinda want to start a website where fans can add new rules to the NHL rulebook for playoff hockey like...

Rule 304c: In the event Minnesota makes the playoffs and has to play the Chicago Blackhawks, the rule of Interference shall be void in order to allow Minnesota to play the trap effectively and giving them something better than a snowball's chance in hell of winning the series.

Or generally

Rule 999z: In playoff hockey.... fuck da rules. (Unless one team is playing better, then generous PP gifting is allowed and encouraged)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I kinda want to start a website where fans can add new rules to the NHL rulebook for playoff hockey like...

Rule 304c: In the event Minnesota makes the playoffs and has to play the Chicago Blackhawks, the rule of Interference shall be void in order to allow Minnesota to play the trap effectively and giving them something better than a snowball's chance in hell of winning the series.

Or generally

Rule 999z: In playoff hockey.... fuck da rules. (Unless one team is playing better, then generous PP gifting is allowed and encouraged)

Fuck da Rules

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching Montreal tonight really makes you see the advantage of having someone on your PP points that can really shoot the puck. These two guys on Montreal really have cannons....shots so powerful that the defense is a little hesitant to get in front of these blasts. Subban's shot might kill somebody someday.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Watching Montreal tonight really makes you see the advantage of having someone on your PP points that can really shoot the puck. These two guys on Montreal really have cannons....shots so powerful that the defense is a little hesitant to get in front of these blasts. Subban's shot might kill somebody someday.

Subban's contract is up this summer ...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I don't want the Iginla bruins, Montreal seems better suited to keep up with us and I prefer not to play them even more. Crawford also struggles with traffic and deflections (I mean, like every goalie but I think moreso with him, anyone care to explain why? in my opinion he is one of the better break goalies on the counter attack and that is why he fits our style so well) and that pp could spell trouble for us.

Pittsburgh can score, but Fleury vs the Blackhawks is bad news for them. Montreal just looks really good to me, obviously a game 7 in Boston going to be can't miss hockey. I love this time of year. I am also ambilvalent about the other west team, prefer it to go 7 and don't want to face Quick if he is hot. I can't tell what his form is right now compared to 2 years ago, but he has had some great games.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Handzus-Kane, Bickell-Regin-Versteeg, Nordstrom-Kruger-Smith.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Handzus-Kane, Bickell-Regin-Versteeg, Nordstrom-Kruger-Smith.

I bet Q sticks with these lines for like one period lol.... then Smith and Zeus swap some shifts.... Bickell and Saad swap some shifts.... Zeus and Smith... Kruger and Regin... Q will be playing musical chair with these lines all game to try and force Minny to put guys on the Ice against Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp which they don't want to.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm still a big fan of pairing Bickell and Toews together regardless. But anything to get Sharp going.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're also looking to go 14-0 since 2009 in Game 5 and Game 6 of series that were tied 2-2, after winning 2-1 in Game 5 against the Wild on Sunday at United Center. :pray:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's based on the fact that people who were on Cooke's teams in Pittsburgh either loved how he played or they hated it. I can't see any shades of gray. A lot of his teammates resented having to stick up for him at a certain point...it got old. So there's no in between. Yeo was with Pittsburgh when Cooke was at his worst. So, the fact that Cooke was brought to Minnesota shows that Yeo wasn't one of the people who had become tired of his act when he was in Pittsburgh. Therefore, it's very logical to conclude that Minnesota was buying a pit bull when signing Cooke.

Last year the Blackhawks bounced Minnesota from the playoffs. The Blackhawks are a team that plays fast. If you're playing a fast team, one way to slow them down is to put a dirty player like Cooke on the ice. In the back of everyone's mind, the opposing players know he might take a shot at them. It doesn't even have to actually happen. The very threat changes how teams play.

The circumstances line up to be more than coincidental. Also, there's motive. And with that, there's nexxus.

I think there's more concrete evidence to the contrary. Yeo's team was blasted for not answering when backstrom got knocked out. No one has yet retaliated against the Hawks for Bollig's asinine charge/hit from behind, although I understand time may have not been "right" for that. I don't think he encouraged Cooke to cheap shot any Av; Cooke doesn't need encouragement or an order to take an opposing player out. He can be reckless all on his own. This isn't a career clean guy trying to collect a Barrie bounty that Yeo placed.

One point I do agree with you (and I'm one of the few posters here who do--at least when I posted here more regularly) that having Cooke in the lineup has the potential to change how an opposition plays. Aside from him being a damn good defensive forward and tenacious forechecker (elements Yeo knew and wanted him to bring to the Wild), he has an insane/reckless aspect to his game, granted more so a few years ago. I think the defensive and tenacious elements that motivated Yeo to request a Cooke signing...and the dirty aspect just more coincidence considering all season Cooke had been pretty tame with Yeo.