General Blackhawks/Wild IST

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still a big fan of pairing Bickell and Toews together regardless. But anything to get Sharp going.

A lot of speculation that Sharp is quite hurt. There might be nothing to get him going goals-wise, but if he can still put up points, he's a threat.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It sure is...and after his holdout and accepting a lesser deal he will sign a mon-$-ter deal there in Montreal.

Thought there was some unrest between he and the Habs front office after the way those contract negotiations went down, though.

I recognize this is largely a pipe dream. But it's still a nice dream.

If Subban came to town at the expense of a guy like Seabrook I think I'd still be all over it.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought there was some unrest between he and the Habs front office after the way those contract negotiations went down, though.

I recognize this is largely a pipe dream. But it's still a nice dream.

If Subban came to town at the expense of a guy like Seabrook I think I'd still be all over it.

Since he's restricted, most telling how deep the rift is will be for how long he signs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Since he's restricted, most telling how deep the rift is will be for how long he signs.

Maybe it was contract negotiations for an extension last summer that I was thinking of. But I remember some reports of anger between the two sides stemming from some contract discussions in the prior offseason.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it was contract negotiations for an extension last summer that I was thinking of. But I remember some reports of anger between the two sides stemming from some contract discussions in the prior offseason.

You're right with your first thought. It was the contract that is expiring that was difficult for PK when it was initially being negotiated--the first bridge contract. Since then, he's raised his value by earning a Norris and becoming a big game breaker.

Edit: it sticks out in my mind as it a first organization friendly bridge contract after the lockout (when bridge contracts were obnoxious before the lockout)

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks