Getsy has a familiar ‘concerning’ situation with the Raiders 😂

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But during the season the complaint was about how easy it was to predict and too many screens.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's OTAs. Lets see what's up after 2 weeks in camp. There's no justifications to be had by those takin sides right now.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
But during the season the complaint was about how easy it was to predict and too many screens.
The list of complaints was a bit longer than two items.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
But to be fair, those were usually the dumbed down plays and not the stuff Getsy preferred to run. He's gone for a reason but it wasn't ALL on him though he also could have adapted better to his personnel.
Creating an offense that works with the personnel on the team, is the job description of every single OC in the NFL.

Getsy's inability to do that is what got him fired here, and unless he figures out what his job actually is, he will not make it with the Raiders either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Creating an offense that works with the personnel on the team, is the job description of every single OC in the NFL.

Getsy's inability to do that is what got him fired here, and unless he figures out what his job actually is, he will not make it with the Raiders either.
If he ran the RB1 O like he did the year before, which was exactly that adjustment to what the O could do, they would have been more successful with the improved D plus DJ but it's not sustainable. While I agree that Getsy should have done better and we needed an upgrade he also wasn't put in a position to succeed.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If he ran the RB1 O like he did the year before, which was exactly that adjustment to what the O could do, they would have been more successful with the improved D plus DJ but it's not sustainable. While I agree that Getsy should have done better and we needed an upgrade he also wasn't put in a position to succeed.
Having a good roster and a good coordinator will equal success. That is remedial football 101.

A good coordinator makes the best out of what he has to work with, Getsy did not do that. So regardless of the talent level, Getsy is not a good OC. I am interested in seeing how long it will take the Raiders brain trust to figure it out and launch that loser.

As a Las Vegas resident I’m hoping the Raiders can figure out the truth about Getsy in a hurry.

He is a dim bulb and has no place in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having a good roster and a good coordinator will equal success. That is remedial football 101.

A good coordinator makes the best out of what he has to work with, Getsy did not do that. So regardless of the talent level, Getsy is not a good OC. I am interested in seeing how long it will take the Raiders brain trust to figure it out and launch that loser.

As a Las Vegas resident I’m hoping the Raiders can figure out the truth about Getsy in a hurry.

He is a dim bulb and has no place in the NFL.
Could be true and I certainly won't argue that but it would be nice to see what he could do with an established starter before making a full assessment. Sometimes OC and their QBs just don't gel. I saw some of the same high school plays and weirdness you did but I can't be certain as to why we saw those.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Could be true and I certainly won't argue that but it would be nice to see what he could do with an established starter before making a full assessment. Sometimes OC and their QBs just don't gel. I saw some of the same high school plays and weirdness you did but I can't be certain as to why we saw those.

The truth is getsy was not qualified to be a OC when the Bears hired him ( there were more qualified candidates out there) . He'd never called plays in the NFL. Even in college he didn't call plays.....the HC called plays He didn't have a background of Qb development. He was 3rd or 4th on the coaching totem pole in GB

While I agree that Getsy should have done better and we needed an upgrade he also wasn't put in a position to succeed.
-
Bearly

getsy's lack of qualifications and experience is what put him in a position not to succeed.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Any good OC would come in find out the strengths of players and quickly adapt a system to those strengths
The strength of those two is holding a clipboard for an actual starting qb

Read this.....

-
number51

msadows

Liked Posts:

Shanny could march out @DanielCCSBears as their starting qb and fields a top 10 offense in the NFL

greg23

Liked Posts:
Read this.....

-
number51
When an OC is given fields, minshew, oconnell as his qb's.....there's only so much he can do.

A middle of the road offense would be an amazing job..... I'll say the Raiders will be a bottom third offense.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Read this.....

-
number51
When an OC is given fields, minshew, oconnell as his qb's.....there's only so much he can do.

A middle of the road offense would be an amazing job..... I'll say the Raiders will be a bottom third offense.

Don't disregard the truthful statement below....

--number51

And this.......

-number51

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Read this.....

-
number51
That's cute but Justin Fields still sucks.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
That's cute but Justin Fields still sucks.

You're obsessed with a QB we don't have to make excuses for a coaching problem we've had for decades.

Maybe one day we'll find those perfect 53 players to match the perfect coach's idea to make his perfect scheme work the way he envisions it.
You're going to have the same luck at finding that in the next 40 years as you've had in the last 40 years.

Cutler has a message for you and Martz and your perfect teams made up of perfect players.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Read this.....

-
number51
I'm not disagreeing and we'll know more about what was happening here in retrospect, after a couple years.