Glennon Is A Week-To-Week Starting QB

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yes you do.

Hell, I'd settle for comparable evidence. Yet you've presented none.

Kind of idiotic because you can point to guys who exceeded previous HOF'ers stats and numbers......

Par for the course with you.

Please do so with your scenario.

Thanks.

Provide applicable examples.

Mirer was a former OROY. Played a ton of NFL football. Not applicable to Trubisky not playing.

Jimmy played actual NFL regular season football. Stuck behind Tom Brady(GOAT-ish) for one of the best franchise in modern sports history. Not applicable.

Bradford has played a ton of NFL football. Not applicable to Trubisky not playing.
Packers will reportedly ask for high draft pick for Brett Hundley
.Hundley, who has also taken regular season NFL snaps(not aligned with your scenario), was a 5th round pick(not aligned with your scenario), and is stuck behind one of the GOATS(not aligned with your scenario), so even if the Packers got comparable or better ROI on a 5th round pick it's not the same as getting comparable ROI on a 1st round pick who hasn't player.

Nothing you have posted is logical because the above are not similar to a #2 overall pick not playing for two years and being traded.

Jimmy G and Hundley have not taken enough regular season snaps to have proved to anyone how good they are. Would my scenario be more LOGICAL to you if Trubisky had 50 or so snaps over the course of the 2 years in mop up duty?

You would agree that QBs have been traded before for 1st rounders. You would agree to say it is logical to assume that it will happen again, correct? Why is it illogical to think it could happen with Trubisky?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Minnesota signing Sam Bradford is almost a carbon copy of your Trubisky scenario...team with Super Bowl aspirations sees their starting QB go down in preseason...they still want to get to the Super Bowl that year, so the logical thing would be to offer up a 1st and a 3rd for Mike Glennon's backup who has yet to take an NFL snap.

But gphat has already said this to you...many times...please go away now.

No, I will not go away. You go away.

Stop using Mike Glennon's name like he is a bad player. In this example, he is a all pro player.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I cannot say this with enough emphasis...I have no idea what you are even talking about. What are you even "spelling out"? You are asking me what would I do if I were the Bears GM...I ask you "how would what the Bears GM want to do have any relevance to your scenario of NFL teams offering valuable assets for Trubisky"?...your response is to say "what would you do if you were the Bears GM?"

Is this for real? Since you didn't answer my direct question, I will ask again...how would what the Bears GM want to do have any relevance to your scenario of NFL teams offering valuable assets for Trubisky?

I am asking you a question. You as Ryan Pace are going to wonder what John Lynch is thinking as Trubisky nears the end of his contract? Is that how it goes?

What WOULD YOU do as he nears the end of his contract in my situation? How can I spell it out any further?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Even The Hawk eventually learned how to multi-quote...I don't know how much lower your CCS 'gravitas' can sink, but I am on the edge of my seat...

I can multi quote and have done so numerous times. It is more economically feasible to just straight reply when you are not replying to every irrelevant thing that was said back to you. I think you should be smart enough to place things where they should go in your head.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
didshereallysaythat said:
Jimmy G and Hundley have not taken enough regular season snaps to have proved to anyone how good they are.
Apparently numerous NFL teams disagree?

Would my scenario be more LOGICAL to you if Trubisky had 50 or so snaps over the course of the 2 years in mop up duty?
It would be logical if the situations aligned at all in anyway besides "QB's" being "traded".

You would agree that QBs have been traded before for 1st rounders.
How many of them played zero regular season NFL football for two years?

How many were stuck behind a QB of Mike Glennon's ilk?

Were they in organizations of the Bears reputation?

How many were Top 5-10(hell 15) picks?

What was the ROI in relation to his draft position?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would he be so worried about Trubisky nearing the end of his rookie deal? He'd be a RFA. You could match any offer. How much leverage would Trubs have to demand any kind of large salary that would raise a worry? What would NFL teams even be willing to offer? The Bears could match any sheet etc.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Drafted RB's have become HOFers..........Trent Richardson is a RB who was drafted.........thus, Trent Richardson will become a HOF'er.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That's not any more logical than mine. Your situation could happen with some teams just as mine could happen with some teams. Not every team is in the proper position to draft the QB that they like. You might be like Minnesota was for example and be picking later in the 1st and then it would cost far more to move up to get the guy in the draft you really like.

Umm...Minnesota moved back into the first to grab Bridgewater.

If you're talking about Bradford...he was acquired 2 weeks before the regular season started...so not sure how he applies to the above.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why would he be so worried about Trubisky nearing the end of his rookie deal? He'd be a RFA. You could match any offer. How much leverage would Trubs have to demand any kind of large salary that would raise a worry? What would NFL teams even be willing to offer? The Bears could match any sheet etc.

Why would the Bears match an offer when they already have an all pro QB?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So they can trade him for six first rounders?

Now a joke.

So you would eventually be ok with losing him to free agency? That's what the do nothing approach would bring. Or are you getting rid of all pro QB for 2 straight years for Trubisky?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Now a joke.

So you would eventually be ok with losing him to free agency? That's what the do nothing approach would bring. Or are you getting rid of all pro QB for 2 straight years for Trubisky?

The problem isn't with trading Trubisky, the problem is thinking he would fetch a 1st round pick. Honestly I would rather the Bears trade Glennon because in your scenario am all-pro QB will likely net more value than Trubisky and the Bears have the advantage of a 2nd overall pick who learned behind an all-pro for 2 years.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now a joke.

Your posts have been a joke for a while now.....

I repeat:

I like how in your mind the only options are trade him or lose him. That's patently false.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The problem isn't with trading Trubisky, the problem is thinking he would fetch a 1st round pick. Honestly I would rather the Bears trade Glennon because in your scenario am all-pro QB will likely net more value than Trubisky and the Bears have the advantage of a 2nd overall pick who learned behind an all-pro for 2 years.

That's the most reasonable argument anyone has posted for my example in over 10 pages. See what can happen when it's not a snarky comment?

I agree that there would be more value in trading Glennon. But, I think I would rather have the proven commodity at that point than someone who still would have a chance at busting.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Your posts have been a joke for a while now.....

I repeat:

I like how in your mind the only options are trade him or lose him. That's patently false.

What other option would there be? Sign him to a 2nd contract? To do that, you need to trade Glennon. You would rather trade someone who gave your team 2 all pro years and was still young?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
That's the most reasonable argument anyone has posted for my example in over 10 pages. See what can happen when it's not a snarky comment?

I agree that there would be more value in trading Glennon. But, I think I would rather have the proven commodity at that point than someone who still would have a chance at busting.

Which means other teams will be willing to give up a first round pick or more for this player?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Glennon actually played like a pro bowl QB and Pace traded him away, the entire locker room and many fans would turn on the organization. That being said, Pace married himself to Trubisky the moment he traded up to draft him.

Best case scenario in Didshe's trade Trubisky hypothetical would be Glennon winning over the locker room and played great for 13 games. Then he gets injured and Trubisky pulls a Garoppolo in the final 3 games. Even then, I don't think Pace trades Trubisky...yet.