Going to be a long two weeks

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We basically know what this team is already.

We don't even have to discuss Justin Fields.

The offense line is still a mess, the receivers outside of DJ Moore are still terrible. Tyler Scott is fast but he caught one pass in three games. He'll probably get better with experience but I don't expect him to make a big enough impact in year one to take any heat off of Moore.

The defensive line is terrible and you hope that next year the two rookies will be able to play better. This team is going to get gashed in the running game for the second season in a row.

The secondary is young and talented but also very inexperienced with almost zero depth. Because they are inexperienced and aggressive they're going to get burned on a lot of plays and make a few plays here and there. If they don't extend Johnson they'll be resetting the clock on that unit's development.

This is not a playoff team it's not even a fringe playoff team. It will play a lot of close games like last year and maybe pull off 3-4 more wins than it did a year ago.

This is at best a seven win team if they manage to win around half of the close games they lost a year ago.

They desperately need an impact player on both sides of the ball.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I actually think the secondary has as good of depth as any team in the league. Jaylon jones played well last year, Blackwell is fine, stroman is okay and olujemeda or whatever the fuck his name is has played well. Hicks is a superb back up at safety, and Thomas is fine. They also have 5th round pick smith.

The problem is tyrique looks like a complete rookie, and he is going to get destroyed for a few weeks. Really disappointing the only competition he had all year to earn his spot was a 5th round draft pick. If I were the coaching staff I’d be looking to split reps between jaylon jones or someone else. It’s going to take time for him to figure it out.

The d line has been okay. Yeah okay Justin jones is a nobody and that is a big deal, the rookies won’t have much impact this year all true.

Billings is decent. We haven’t even seen walker which is a concern but I have 0 doubt he steps in and is immediately better than all the trash the bears fielded last year. Ngakoue will likely be the best player on the entire line. The depth at pass rush is real mid. It won’t be a good d line but it won’t be bad.

The OL is already a mess, correct.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The offense line is still a mess, the receivers outside of DJ Moore are still terrible. Tyler Scott is fast but he caught one pass in three games. He'll probably get better with experience but I don't expect him to make a big enough impact in year one to take any heat off of Moore.

The defensive line is terrible and you hope that next year the two rookies will be able to play better. This team is going to get gashed in the running game for the second season in a row.

The secondary is young and talented but also very inexperienced with almost zero depth. Because they are inexperienced and aggressive they're going to get burned on a lot of plays and make a few plays here and there. If they don't extend Johnson they'll be resetting the clock on that unit's development.

This is not a playoff team it's not even a fringe playoff team. It will play a lot of close games like last year and maybe pull off 3-4 more wins than it did a year ago.

This is at best a seven win team if they manage to win around half of the close games they lost a year ago.

NO EXCUSES

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah I hate this waiting period that starts now. At least the first game is on a Thursday. Next week we have cuts and waiver claims which are always interesting.

I guess I could talk to my family as well, we will see.

Reactions: DC

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
My confidence meter heading into week 1 is pretty low. I still give them a puncher's chance to beat GB in week 1, but half their roster has spent the majority of time in the trainers room since the beginning of camp. That is probably going to come back to bite them early in the season.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
This is too soon for me to speak on because it’s just a preseason game. But I can’t help and feel that no matter what we hear about Justin Field's leadership, and how he has taken control of everything and everyone, it still doesn’t reflect in the game. He always comes up to the first series slow and sluggish. For whatever reason again, I’ll withhold until a few games pass by, but I don’t see what they are saying yet. Where is the hype and the excitement? Didn’t he say that they need to start fast at the gate? Well you need to be pumped and itchy in order to come out fast out the gate.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The offense definitely needs 1 player to emerge as a playmaker. It can’t just be JF and DJ Moore.

I’m down on Mooney after last year even before the injury.

The run game with Herbert is not going to be like last year. Montgomery broke tons of tackles for little gain but he at least didn’t go backwards.

Either claypool or rojo need to become a staple of this offense or we need to see something with the short pass game that they are hiding.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The offense definitely needs 1 player to emerge as a playmaker. It can’t just be JF and DJ Moore.

I’m down on Mooney after last year even before the injury.

The run game with Herbert is not going to be like last year. Montgomery broke tons of tackles for little gain but he at least didn’t go backwards.

Either claypool or rojo need to become a staple of this offense or we need to see something with the short pass game that they are hiding.

I’m ready to start RoJo day 1.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I hate this waiting period that starts now. At least the first game is on a Thursday. Next week we have cuts and waiver claims which are always interesting.

I guess I could talk to my family as well, we will see.

I think this week will be fun. Several moves made. Next week will suck.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The thing is, ccs now has rules and the next two weeks if you want to just call @DanielCCSBears a fat loser, a mod is going to send you a message about banning you. Even though he's a total fat loser that makes these threads to troll everyone, you just can't say that now. And don't even get me started with @Mighty Joe Young. He will do some completely ignorant and hapless analysis of this game, and you won't be able to call him a fat dumb loser either. Even though he literally doxxes people on here, and collects pictures of underage members, you can't call him a fat idiot loser, because there's rules about that now.

So long 2 weeks? Yes. Yes indeed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The thing is, ccs now has rules and the next two weeks if you want to just call @DanielCCSBears a fat loser, a mod is going to send you a message about banning you. Even though he's a total fat loser that makes these threads to troll everyone, you just can't say that now. And don't even get me started with @Mighty Joe Young. He will do some completely ignorant and hapless analysis of this game, and you won't be able to call him a fat dumb loser either. Even though he literally doxxes people on here, and collects pictures of underage members, you can't call him a fat idiot loser, because there's rules about that now.

Here’s the thing, the day we can’t call fat losers fat losers is the day I get banned by the our new micro penis overlords.

mecha

Liked Posts:

current moderation doesn't see the obvious problem right in front of them. :(

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It will be an interesting 2 weeks with moves around the league and we don't know jack about how the team will be overall. A good pre game performance and we're in the playoffs and a bad one, we're playing for picks again. Meh on all this drama. Bunch of queens.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Title: The Thing Is, About Moderators...

Hey fellow forum members,

I've been doing some thinking lately about our wonderful moderators and the role they play in keeping this community running smoothly. The thing is, moderators are like the unsung heroes of our forum, working behind the scenes to maintain a positive and respectful environment for all of us.

From enforcing the rules to stepping in when discussions get heated, moderators really have their hands full. But it's important to remember that they're just regular members like us, volunteering their time to make sure our interactions here are enjoyable and productive.

Of course, like any system, there might be moments where we might not see eye to eye with their decisions. The thing is, they're human too and can make mistakes. But that's where open communication comes in. If you ever have concerns or questions about moderation, don't hesitate to reach out to them. A healthy dialogue can go a long way in understanding each other better.

So, the thing is, let's give a shoutout to our hardworking moderators who often work tirelessly behind the scenes. They're here to ensure we all have a positive experience, and it's up to us to contribute positively as well. Remember, it's a team effort, and together we can make this forum the best place to be.

Cheers

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
We basically know what this team is already.

Maybe step away and find a hobby?

If you're really as large as all the users say, being angry all the time is not good for your heart. As a fan, we cannot control anything with this team, just watch when the regular season begins.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe step away and find a hobby?

If you're really as large as all the users say, being angry all the time is not good for your heart. As a fan, we cannot control anything with this team, just watch when the regular season begins.
His hobby is eating his feelings and simping on obese gamer girls

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I think this week will be fun. Several moves made. Next week will suck.
Nah, next week most of us get Monday off and then we can all hate watch the Lions on Thursday, the Bears/Packer game will be here before we know it.

Next week will suck as the Nervous Nellys will be loud and everywhere. Plus, on a personal note, I have to work my bimonthly Saturday, so a six week work week.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Title: The Thing Is, About Moderators...

Hey fellow forum members,

I've been doing some thinking lately about our wonderful moderators and the role they play in keeping this community running smoothly. The thing is, moderators are like the unsung heroes of our forum, working behind the scenes to maintain a positive and respectful environment for all of us.

From enforcing the rules to stepping in when discussions get heated, moderators really have their hands full. But it's important to remember that they're just regular members like us, volunteering their time to make sure our interactions here are enjoyable and productive.

Of course, like any system, there might be moments where we might not see eye to eye with their decisions. The thing is, they're human too and can make mistakes. But that's where open communication comes in. If you ever have concerns or questions about moderation, don't hesitate to reach out to them. A healthy dialogue can go a long way in understanding each other better.

So, the thing is, let's give a shoutout to our hardworking moderators who often work tirelessly behind the scenes. They're here to ensure we all have a positive experience, and it's up to us to contribute positively as well. Remember, it's a team effort, and together we can make this forum the best place to be.

Cheers

Seems like someone here knows how the game is played at least.

Rather than people having a pre-emptive temper tantrum over actually having to behave like an adult, like a couple other people in this thread.

We're supposed to be grown ass adults. Let's hate each other civilly. ?

And Mods, here's a pro-tip for ya - if you have some people pre-emptively bitching about you guys doing exactly what your job is as moderators, those are the FIRST ones you keep a close eye on, not the last, because THEY are going to be the ones making it harder for you to do your jobs, NOT the people they target....