Going to be a long two weeks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I guess you didn't read the part where I said if you cut Fields' yardage total in half. Yes if you want to go with the assumption that Fields would have had zero yards rushing last year you can make the argument that they would have been bottom third.

I mean you have to make a tremendous leap to assume your QB is not going to add to your team's overall yardage total but if you want to make your argument look better and go with the assumption that Justin Fields would have contributed nothing and that because he added nothing then the Bears were bottom third go ahead and make your argument look better.
It just makes no sense to just cut it in half. Standard deviations don’t work like that.
Herbert ranked 11th in DVOA, Monty ranked 25th. The Bears, as a team, only ranked 12th.

TL;DR: Monty was good at not losing yards but sucked at exceeding yard expectation. Herbert was a beneficiary of teams accounting for Fields in the RPO and certain formations. The special teamer known as RoJo will improve the running game. Thanks.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m calling it right now: within an hour or so, barf is going to be claiming the whole board is saying leatherwood played well just like we all said roschon is better than leveon bell
@cameronkrazie86 did you confirm this yet? Or are you still waiting a reply

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
That's great that you think Leatherwood played well considering his 37.0 grade from PFF.

I mean it takes having some of the worst football possible to have a 37.0 grade but yeah let's go with your take, he played well.
ok thanks for acknowledging that you agree he played well. i appreciate that you even respond since i know how difficult it is for you to type with the poor circulation in your hands from the diabetes. every response is a blessing at this point. and hey, danny, if you ever want a hot tip like the leatherwood thing for one of your articles, just dm me, for you they are always open.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
That's great that you think Leatherwood played well considering his 37.0 grade from PFF.

I mean it takes having some of the worst football possible to have a 37.0 grade but yeah let's go with your take, he played well.

Stopped reading after PFF.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It just makes no sense to just cut it in half. Standard deviations don’t work like that.
Herbert ranked 11th in DVOA, Monty ranked 25th. The Bears, as a team, only ranked 12th.

TL;DR: Monty was good at not losing yards but sucked at exceeding yard expectation. Herbert was a beneficiary of teams accounting for Fields in the RPO and certain formations. The special teamer known as RoJo will improve the running game. Thanks.
Improving the running game means Jack shit thanks. Top 12 isn't good enough for you I guess.

mecha

Liked Posts:
has anyone been keeping up with what the big picture angle is here? are the Bears a poor running team? are they good? is Fields QB1 or RB1? who's RB2? why is this 2 weeks going to be longer than any other 2 weeks? I've been struggling through like 7 months of offseason like everyone else where there's a base that live their lives based on hypothetical bullshit like where players are going to be drafted, personnel transactions, depth charts, training camp darlings, and now preseason games (which are over, so threads like this one should be abandoned immediately)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Something that is of Daniel's interest is that Arizona State has a self-imposed postseason ban. I'm not sure exactly what postseason they think they were going to have, but there ya go. Maybe Daniel can enlighten us.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
My confidence meter heading into week 1 is pretty low. I still give them a puncher's chance to beat GB in week 1, but half their roster has spent the majority of time in the trainers room since the beginning of camp. That is probably going to come back to bite them early in the season.
No way they beat GB, ever.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
We basically know what this team is already.

We don't even have to discuss Justin Fields.

The offense line is still a mess, the receivers outside of DJ Moore are still terrible. Tyler Scott is fast but he caught one pass in three games. He'll probably get better with experience but I don't expect him to make a big enough impact in year one to take any heat off of Moore.

The defensive line is terrible and you hope that next year the two rookies will be able to play better. This team is going to get gashed in the running game for the second season in a row.

The secondary is young and talented but also very inexperienced with almost zero depth. Because they are inexperienced and aggressive they're going to get burned on a lot of plays and make a few plays here and there. If they don't extend Johnson they'll be resetting the clock on that unit's development.

This is not a playoff team it's not even a fringe playoff team. It will play a lot of close games like last year and maybe pull off 3-4 more wins than it did a year ago.

This is at best a seven win team if they manage to win around half of the close games they lost a year ago.

They desperately need an impact player on both sides of the ball.
It’s going to be a very long season, like last year. Who cares about this two weeks.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Something that is of Daniel's interest is that Arizona State has a self-imposed postseason ban. I'm not sure exactly what postseason they think they were going to have, but there ya go. Maybe Daniel can enlighten us.
This begs the question @Hawkeye. What the fuck is going on with ISU @ UI?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s going to be a very long season, like last year. Who cares about this two weeks.
You're right who cares about these next two weeks.... Which is why it's going to be a long boring two weeks for the board because so little of consequence is going to happen.

Try and think before you criticize.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You're right who cares about these next two weeks.... Which is why it's going to be a long boring two weeks for the board because so little of consequence is going to happen.

Who did I criticize?

46plank

Liked Posts:
Calling it.
Jordan Love 31
Bears 10

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Don’t fucking tell people who they have the right to criticize.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Improving the running game means Jack shit thanks. Top 12 isn't good enough for you I guess.
It’s only top 12 because of the threat of Fields. He opens up the running game, this is what you fail to realize.