Going to be a long two weeks

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
His RB evals/predictions are somehow his worst of any other position. In the league of plug and play, he has managed to hate every single long term RB while loving every guy who ends up having a 2 year/350 yard career
clint here (millionaire)

interesting take. i think if you break the acronym "RB" down to its actual term "running back" we can probably make an educated guess on the hows and whys of Daniel's evident lack of understanding on scouting the position.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
clint here (millionaire)

interesting take. i think if you break the acronym "RB" down to its actual term "running back" we can probably make an educated guess on the hows and whys of Daniel's evident lack of understanding on scouting the position

Post of the year nomination here

Anthony here (white trash bum)

mecha

Liked Posts:
clint here (millionaire)

interesting take. i think if you break the acronym "RB" down to its actual term "running back" we can probably make an educated guess on the hows and whys of Daniel's evident lack of understanding on scouting the position.
hey @Clintk55

how fast do you think @DanielCCSBears can run the 40 yard dash?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The thing is, ccs now has rules and the next two weeks if you want to just call @DanielCCSBears a fat loser, a mod is going to send you a message about banning you.
What if I call him a corpulent defeated person???

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
... olujemeda or whatever the fuck his name is has played well. Hicks is a superb back up at safety ...
Agree and am hoping Ojemudia continues to develop on the PS.

greg23

Liked Posts:
clint here (millionaire)

With this logic; it should make you an expert on kickers under 5'5 with a lisp.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
With this logic; it should make you an expert on kickers under 5'5 with a lisp.
clint here again (millionaire)

either you dont understand logic or you just gave me a compliment. nice job on reading comprehension greg!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
This is too soon for me to speak on because it’s just a preseason game. But I can’t help and feel that no matter what we hear about Justin Field's leadership, and how he has taken control of everything and everyone, it still doesn’t reflect in the game. He always comes up to the first series slow and sluggish. For whatever reason again, I’ll withhold until a few games pass by, but I don’t see what they are saying yet. Where is the hype and the excitement? Didn’t he say that they need to start fast at the gate? Well you need to be pumped and itchy in order to come out fast out the gate.
Robert Tonyan said he had a talk with Fields/told him it’s not fair for him to try to put the emotional state of the entire team on his shoulders. That the team is comprised of grown men who should be self motivated.

Was his advice correct? I think it was — partially — of course Fields needs to bring the juice too. He did last year. I expect him to do the same this year. But grown men — every last one of them — need to hold themselves accountable as well.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Again you don’t understand how badly Monty was running the ball. Herbert is a one trick pony and doesn’t offer much outside running the ball, which handicaps the offense. Monty was one of the most inefficient runners in the league last year, and has never had a positive efficiency running rate in college or the NFL.

Did it occur to you they were first in running because of the QB and not the running backs? Or is math & critical thinking too hard for you?
No math isn't hard for me. Which is why I already did the math and discussed it at length. If you cut Justin Fields yards in half the Bears were still 6th overall in the NFL in rushing. They ran the ball well despite Fields record season. Fields' total just ensured that their total was absurdly better than everyone else.

So without a historical performance from Justin Fields they still ran the ball well.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
with his "dash pass" subscription and priority delivery usually around 26 minutes

EDIT: i thought leatherwood played well and the interior line wasnt as bad as i figured it would be
That's great that you think Leatherwood played well considering his 37.0 grade from PFF.

I mean it takes having some of the worst football possible to have a 37.0 grade but yeah let's go with your take, he played well.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No math isn't hard for me. Which is why I already did the math and discussed it at length. If you cut Justin Fields yards in half the Bears were still 6th overall in the NFL in rushing. They ran the ball well despite Fields record season. Fields' total just ensured that their total was absurdly better than everyone else.

So without a historical performance from Justin Fields they still ran the ball well.
Bears ran for 3,014 yards.
Fields ran for 1,143 yards.
If fields is subtracted from this, then the Bears running game went for 1,871 yards. This would place the Bears around 23rd in the league.

I suppose a better look would be to remove QB rushing stats but I doubt this would get the Bears up to 6th.

Not sure what figures you are going off of. Maybe you meant ypc since Herbert was one of the league leaders but Monty was below average once again.

Edit: I didn’t see you put in there to cut Fields rushing yards in half. Not sure why one would arbitrarily use that metric. The best way to measure this would be to use the league average for QB’s and add that to the non-qb rushing total.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m calling it right now: within an hour or so, barf is going to be claiming the whole board is saying leatherwood played well just like we all said roschon is better than leveon bell

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears ran for 3,014 yards.
Fields ran for 1,143 yards.
If fields is subtracted from this, then the Bears running game went for 1,871 yards. This would place the Bears around 23rd in the league.

I suppose a better look would be to remove QB rushing stats but I doubt this would get the Bears up to 6th.

Not sure what figures you are going off of. Maybe you meant ypc since Herbert was one of the league leaders but Monty was below average once again.

I guess you didn't read the part where I said if you cut Fields' yardage total in half. Yes if you want to go with the assumption that Fields would have had zero yards rushing last year you can make the argument that they would have been bottom third.

I mean you have to make a tremendous leap to assume your QB is not going to add to your team's overall yardage total but if you want to make your argument look better and go with the assumption that Justin Fields would have contributed nothing and that because he added nothing then the Bears were bottom third go ahead and make your argument look better.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lots of dick ripping started already?
are people actually expecting the bears to be a playoff team? my expectation is to simply to see fields turn into a real passer and show continued improvement. injuries have not helped on both sides of the ball, the starting oline has yet to play meaningful snaps together, the skill position players have yet to play together like moore, mooney and claypool...on defense, brisker, walker, edmunds, sanborn have all been in and out.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
preseason is approximately 56x more pointless than the Bears narrowly losing a game to a random AFC South team. for the chicken little collective that are wondering why Getsy's playcalling is so OMGVANILLA. the premise of preseason is to reacclimate to playing a football game and determining what players the team is cutting.

the micro analysis of singular plays from preseason games doesn't make you a genius, it makes you a fucking dunce and a mark.

I don't know what @DanielCCSBears 's life goals are but I get the inkling he's coming up short at whatever he's aspiring to be.
A contestant on my 500 lbs life