Going to be a long two weeks

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
We basically know what this team is already.

We don't even have to discuss Justin Fields.

The offense line is still a mess, the receivers outside of DJ Moore are still terrible. Tyler Scott is fast but he caught one pass in three games. He'll probably get better with experience but I don't expect him to make a big enough impact in year one to take any heat off of Moore.

The defensive line is terrible and you hope that next year the two rookies will be able to play better. This team is going to get gashed in the running game for the second season in a row.

The secondary is young and talented but also very inexperienced with almost zero depth. Because they are inexperienced and aggressive they're going to get burned on a lot of plays and make a few plays here and there. If they don't extend Johnson they'll be resetting the clock on that unit's development.

This is not a playoff team it's not even a fringe playoff team. It will play a lot of close games like last year and maybe pull off 3-4 more wins than it did a year ago.

This is at best a seven win team if they manage to win around half of the close games they lost a year ago.

They desperately need an impact player on both sides of the ball.
So you are suggesting the Bears are still in the midst of a rebuild. Good to know, not that I didn't already know this.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Robert Tonyan said he had a talk with Fields/told him it’s not fair for him to try to put the emotional state of the entire team on his shoulders. That the team is comprised of grown men who should be self motivated.

Was his advice correct? I think it was — partially — of course Fields needs to bring the juice too. He did last year. I expect him to do the same this year. But grown men — every last one of them — need to hold themselves accountable as well.
Oh, I agree. I’m just stating what was said from reports. But just from looking at Justin Fields alone, he can come out more pump then what he is. Especially when he is the one saying they need to start fast our the gate. His movement is slow and also re-steps back is slow. I just figured I’d see some more pep in his step. But like I said, I may be speaking too early. I’ll wait and see.