Going to be a long two weeks

Nelly

Liked Posts:
My confidence meter heading into week 1 is pretty low. I still give them a puncher's chance to beat GB in week 1, but half their roster has spent the majority of time in the trainers room since the beginning of camp. That is probably going to come back to bite them early in the season.
Nothing has changed really. Preseason is almost totally meaningless as far as projecting performance out into the regular season.

This team was always going to take some time to gel with all the new faces, so I'm not nor have ever expected them to come out of the gates and kick the shit out of teams. There's going to be plenty of ups and downs, but if things work out well, they'll look at better down the stretch. Last year's Lions are akin to what I'm expecting, just with not quite the drastic differences in first to second half record.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems like someone here knows how the game is played at least.

Rather than people having a pre-emptive temper tantrum over actually having to behave like an adult, like a couple other people in this thread.

We're supposed to be grown ass adults. Let's hate each other civilly. ?

And Mods, here's a pro-tip for ya - if you have some people pre-emptively bitching about you guys doing exactly what your job is as moderators, those are the FIRST ones you keep a close eye on, not the last, because THEY are going to be the ones making it harder for you to do your jobs, NOT the people they target....

Cool. So the guy that has doxxed dossiers on his "ccs enemies" on his dozenth alt, and helped plan January 6th, is giving mod advice to @BaBaBlacksheep @bamainatlanta and @PrideisBears

Gonna be a long 2 weeks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm here for the mod advice conference. I was told there would be a free brunch and bottomless mimosas after the presentation.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense definitely needs 1 player to emerge as a playmaker. It can’t just be JF and DJ Moore.

I’m down on Mooney after last year even before the injury.

The run game with Herbert is not going to be like last year. Montgomery broke tons of tackles for little gain but he at least didn’t go backwards.

Either claypool or rojo need to become a staple of this offense or we need to see something with the short pass game that they are hiding.
Mooney will be a very good WR2.
Claypool will flash.
Kmet is solid, and I think Tonyan could be a red zone beast.
I love the RBBC we have. Herbert is a good rb, Foreman nice on short yardage, RJ a good third-down back.

Beyond that I don't expect much. Scott will have his moments.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Tonyan could be a red zone beast.
The Robert Tonyan redzone love is the latest lazy Bears fan take. Why? Because he had one season with high TD production with Aaron Rodgers(48 TDs) where he started half the games?

Outside of that 11 TD season he averaged 1.5TDs/season over the other 4 years.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@DanielCCSBears said he was destined only for special teams due to his 4.58speed.
I'm glad you're so excited about another running back playing well in Chicago. He doesn't add much value to a team that led the NFL in rushing a year ago.

In such predictable fashion Bears fans get excited about mediocre QB play and good running back play. None of which has ever helped the Bears win in the current NFL model that's existed since free agency and the salary cap were implemented.

So go ahead and get excited about a 700 yard running back and a sub 3,000 yard passer with one receiving threat.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm glad you're so excited about another running back playing well in Chicago. He doesn't add much value to a team that led the NFL in rushing a year ago.

In such predictable fashion Bears fans get excited about mediocre QB play and good running back play. None of which has ever helped the Bears win in the current NFL model that's existed since free agency and the salary cap were implemented.

So go ahead and get excited about a 700 yard running back and a sub 3,000 yard passer with one receiving threat.
Again you don’t understand how badly Monty was running the ball. Herbert is a one trick pony and doesn’t offer much outside running the ball, which handicaps the offense. Monty was one of the most inefficient runners in the league last year, and has never had a positive efficiency running rate in college or the NFL.

Did it occur to you they were first in running because of the QB and not the running backs? Or is math & critical thinking too hard for you?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
-Guy who was excited about Mitch Trubisky and Jeremy Langford.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Nothing has changed really. Preseason is almost totally meaningless as far as projecting performance out into the regular season.

This team was always going to take some time to gel with all the new faces, so I'm not nor have ever expected them to come out of the gates and kick the shit out of teams. There's going to be plenty of ups and downs, but if things work out well, they'll look at better down the stretch. Last year's Lions are akin to what I'm expecting, just with not quite the drastic differences in first to second half record.
preseason is approximately 56x more pointless than the Bears narrowly losing a game to a random AFC South team. for the chicken little collective that are wondering why Getsy's playcalling is so OMGVANILLA. the premise of preseason is to reacclimate to playing a football game and determining what players the team is cutting.

the micro analysis of singular plays from preseason games doesn't make you a genius, it makes you a fucking dunce and a mark.

I don't know what @DanielCCSBears 's life goals are but I get the inkling he's coming up short at whatever he's aspiring to be.