Hmm, it maybe time to find something else to do during football season

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah man, if they don’t make you pay for several streaming services to be able to watch games, they’ll go bankrupt, or something.
I had YouTube TV last year. I'm debating getting NFL+ because it's cheaper, and there's the coaches film. (If the Bears had "ran it back with Fields", I definitely wouldn't pay for Sunday Ticket.)

But what really annoyed me was that one KC Chiefs playoff game that was exclusively on Peacock. I hope that's not a persistent thing. Why should I have to jump through hoops to watch a playoff game on some random streaming service and pay for 1 month to watch a 3 hour game...then have to immediately cancel the service to avoid a reoccurring fee?

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I had YouTube TV last year. I'm debating getting NFL+ because it's cheaper, and there's the coaches film. (If the Bears had "ran it back with Fields", I wouldn't have payed for Sunday Ticket.)

But what really annoyed me was that one KC Chiefs playoff game that was exclusively on Peacock. I hope that's not a persistent thing. Why should I have to jump through hoops to watch a playoff game on some random streaming service and pay for 1 month to watch a 3 hour game...then have to immediately cancel the service to avoid a reoccurring fee?

its on the interwebs for free.

if they did single team ticket packages, id be down.. until then.. fishing in random streams

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Sports streams start disappearing?

"The letter also noted that the "global sports industry is losing up to $28 billion in additional potential annual revenue" because of illegal streaming, as customers with access to livestreams are less likely to sign up for a paid service or subscription."

This, right here, is the issue... and the ONLY issue. It's lost advertising/streaming contract revenue. They don't give two fucks about the athletes, just their pockets.

I used to be a part of the pirate crew, until recently. I'm just not up for dealing with janky streams, and shit that will set off my multiple anti virus programs. I went the legal stream way, because I'm a Chicagoan, living in Hawaii. I want to be able to watch the Bears, Bulls, Sox, and local Chi town news, without the jank and possible viruses.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waaaaaaaahhhhhh

If you feel like you need to watch every nfl game you have bigger problems than can be helped. Almost all Bears games are on channels you can get with a cheap antenna. If you're too poor to get the other channels and can't afford $10/mo for Redzone or don't have any friends or establishments to go watch the other Bears games or games in general then you have even bigger issues.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's another case of the NFL wanting to have their cake and eat it too. The same NFL that wants tax subsidized stadiums built but then want their franchises to be able to set ticket prices and if they don't sell the tickets, they get to black it out to the local market (the very population whose taxes paid for the stadium for them to make their money in) and then want special permissions to go after streams expeditiously in order to force consumers into streaming services that the NFL gets revenue from. I say if they want these permissions, ask for a concession back from the NFL. Remove their ability to black out games to local markets or possibly restrict any type of government funds to be no more than 10% of the funds going to new stadiums being built.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Guys

I just wanted to make a joke about a stream, so I bumped up a six-month-old thread. Save the bitching about NFL packages until there are actually games being broadcast.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe it’s time to get a job that pays enough to afford to pay to watch. ?‍♂️

Not trying to be a dick just saying this year has potential to be memorable, this could be the year they finally get it turned around. I just hope we don’t lose our OC this year because someone wants the hotshot OC for HC Job.
If Waldron is a man of honer he’ll stay for the length of his contract. No hyperbowl.

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
Sports streams start disappearing?

I'm too buzzed to read through this thread, but as old as I am, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that the internet will always win. There will be plenty of other websites out there doing their best to fuck over the man to provide free content.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sunday ticket costs $349 annually. If they charged $99 for single teams they would have to sell 3.5 as many subscriptions to make the same amout of revenue. Google/youtube probably has data and algorithems that conclude they'd make less money that way. Otherwise, why not do it?
They would sell more than 3x as many.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How do you think they are would pay for a 200 million dollar salary cap on that kind of scratch?

Hit up the tax payers to foot the bill for their stadiums that they then have ticket sales of over $150 for 70,000 seats.

And if the tax payers build a nice enough stadium there's the $6K Super Bowl tickets.

Any team that uses tax payer dollars for a stadium should not be allowed to even have ESPN cable only games.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Hit up the tax payers to foot the bill for their stadiums that they then have ticket sales of over $150 for 70,000 seats.

And if the tax payers build a nice enough stadium there's the $6K Super Bowl tickets.

Any team that uses tax payer dollars for a stadium should not be allowed to even have ESPN cable only games.

Good luck convincing them of that they will be doing even more paid subscription games this year including Netflix and tax payers are still helping build stadiums for games they can't watch without paying for streaming and it only goes up from here