Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I say keep Nagy but lose the visor. Players like him, he kept the team from imploding during a pandemic/losing streak, he made the necessary changes to get the most out of dub Mitch. He's okay.
@greg23 would be devastated

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes more Coduroy instead of Monty.

Bust

Liked Posts:
For the life if me I don’t understand why anyone would want to keep Nagy at this point even if they win out. What does he contribute to this team? His offense failed, he has little to no input when it comes to defense and ST and he makes poor game time and personnel decisions. He is the worst and by far the most useless HC in the league at this point. No reason to bring him back.

Not losing the team is the literal bare minimum for a head coach. I mean it’s not like the amount of effort a player gives and the talent he displays as V a result if said effort won’t have an effect on his ability to continue making millions of dollars playing a game. Imagine trying to credit a coach for the team not quitting on him during a losing streak that said coach is mainly responsible for? How about a coach who’s head isn’t so far up his own stubborn ass that he makes the changes needed to prevent said losing streak in the first place?

wrong, stop hating hater

Bust

Liked Posts:
The problem is that the McCasky’s are so far removed from the game that they don’t know who is legit and who is just a freaking con man. Nagy is the latter, but the McClueless’s are frozen in their paralyzed tracks that they don’t know what to do. Deer in head light ownership.

the only thing a fanbase can ask of ownership is spend to the cap. Now whether or not those dollars are invested wisely is another story but that's a gm issue.

mccaskey's have opened up the checkbook and have not handcuffed their front office. Opened up the coffers for not only Jay Cutler but Khalil Mack as well

mecha

Liked Posts:
But that's just it, they NEED to find that guy! Lovie for the most part did a okay job, wasn't he like 9-9 0r something like that? even so, still not good enough.

Lovie Smith had a plan and a focus for beating the Packers when Favre was starting. he was 7-1 against the Favre Packers. the 1 loss I guess the entire team didn't care about winning that game since they already won home field advantage. I think he was 1-9 against Rodgers, maybe my math is wrong, I don't care. the point is he got sloppy and that's why he needed to go after letting the Packers into the playoffs to win a Super Bowl. he should've had his nuts cut off after that, in fact. cry me a river about the 2012 team.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith had a plan and a focus for beating the Packers when Favre was starting. he was 7-1 against the Favre Packers. the 1 loss I guess the entire team didn't care about winning that game since they already won home field advantage. I think he was 1-9 against Rodgers, maybe my math is wrong, I don't care. the point is he got sloppy and that's why he needed to go after letting the Packers into the playoffs to win a Super Bowl. he should've had his nuts cut off after that, in fact. cry me a river about the 2012 team.

2-9 vs Rodgers, 5-1 vs Favre.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
The problem is that the McCasky’s are so far removed from the game that they don’t know who is legit and who is just a freaking con man. Nagy is the latter, but the McClueless’s are frozen in their paralyzed tracks that they don’t know what to do. Deer in head light ownership.

Well give them a break fella. They’re still in 2018. I for one was all on board the Nagy train back then.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's the entire reason why i don't think the Packers will return the favor this year

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazing how beating two shitty teams totally flips the narrative. Lose this weekend and the fire Nagy narrative reaches full throttle again.
Lol i still want them ta burn the whole thing down
I just hope they make the playoffs and i get too enjoy mitch's last ride at the same time its been pretty nice watching them play the way ive thought they should have all along

msadows

Liked Posts:
After they win versus the Jags, there is no chance anyone gets fired

There was no chance anyone got fired unless they lost out.

They are making a ton less money this year. This organization already gives their GM's/Coaches multiple chances. Zero chance they are blowing it up one year before their contracts are up minus disaster.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol i still want them ta burn the whole thing down
I just hope they make the playoffs and i get too enjoy mitch's last ride at the same time its been pretty nice watching them play the way ive thought they should have all along

Agreed, some will say level of competition and this and that, but when is the last time we saw a bears offense play well 3 weeks in a row? Never?

I'm just happy there is some talent that is blossoming on the offensive side. That helps a ton as far as the draft going forward.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The primary reasons you brought him in was for his supposed offensive “prowess” and qb whispering abilities...and now that he’s proven to have either...you’re just left with an ugly, bald cheerleader.

Yea, pretty much, but there are plenty of good coaches who are mostly motivators.

It's hard to control 53 ego's, well, even more than that. Nagy has done that spectacularly for the most part. If this were the Trestman bears people would be fighting each other in that locker room after losing 6 in a row.

Not saying nagy is a good coach, because he isn't, but at least he's realized the error in his ways. It just might be too late.

A lot of people in the media feel like nagy will be fantastic the second coaching gig he gets, because he'll learn from the mistakes he made here.