Hossa Injured (Post Any News On This Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I don't know about Pisani - to me he is a defensive forward - sort of a cheaper version of Madden, where as Makarov would be more of a 2 way player - more suited to a 2nd line or a 3rd scoring line.

If the team was able to skate 4 forward lines, than that would be the ideal situation for using a guy like Makarov -at the moment the last game they used 2 defensemen on their 4th line (well guys playing out of position- and ability to play their actual position is outside the scope of my comment - but it seems debateable).

At any rate, the larger point is that no sane coach does that unless they have some sort of limitation. The only thing that makes any sense -is money, and cap ceilings -well it makes so little sense - that is all I can think that it had to be ... sort of like a rec league when a few guys unexpectedly don't show -and you have 10 skaters .... make due time .. and -well, it didn't turn out too well.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
With Campbell back helping shore up our defense, now with Morin and Hossa about to see action we could get this team back on track. Hossa was the best player in the NHL (along with Stamkos) when he went down, we need him back asap.
AGREE 100%
I don't know about Pisani - to me he is a defensive forward - sort of a cheaper version of Madden, where as Makarov would be more of a 2 way player - more suited to a 2nd line or a 3rd scoring line.

If the team was able to skate 4 forward lines, than that would be the ideal situation for using a guy like Makarov -at the moment the last game they used 2 defensemen on their 4th line (well guys playing out of position- and ability to play their actual position is outside the scope of my comment - but it seems debateable).

At any rate, the larger point is that no sane coach does that unless they have some sort of limitation. The only thing that makes any sense -is money, and cap ceilings -well it makes so little sense - that is all I can think that it had to be ... sort of like a rec league when a few guys unexpectedly don't show -and you have 10 skaters .... make due time .. and -well, it didn't turn out too well.

I think this is from another thread when Matthew mentioned cuttign Pisani and calling up Makarov, but I agree with you

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hossa not playing tomorrow, may play Sunday vs the Oilers.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Hossa's last goal was incredibly lucky- the backhand between the legs in front of a goal crease scrum -that is the type of goal that guys on hot streaks get - he might not be as hot when he comes back -that being said- 81 is my favorite player on the team.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
better then 2-3 months. :shrug:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
agree with dero

Southpaw24

Your worst nightmare
Liked Posts:
Hossa is a china doll, the guy goes down more than jenna jameson

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick Kane Injured In The First Period (Helped Off The Ice)

Skates came out from under him and went into the boards oddly with his leg, needed to be helped off the ice, and was not putting weight on his leg.

If any of you get an update. Post it in here.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
yeah that didnt look so good. kinda reminded me of patrick sharps injury at the end of 2008 season the way he went into the boards.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah that didnt look so good. kinda reminded me of patrick sharps injury at the end of 2008 season the way he went into the boards.

exactly. how long was he out for i forget.

any updates....the only thing i got was a text from csn saying its a leg injury.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
As soon as Patrick Kane hit the ice he immediately knew he was not getting up, this leads me to believe it could be a worst case scenario. With Marian Hossa down right now and us still fighting to get into a playoff spot, from a point percentage standpoint, this is really bad timing. We need our secondary scoring to be more consistent with Hossa and Kane down.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
If Patrick Kane is in fact down for an extended period of time I think Ben Smith would be recalled. He looked good in the three games he played in earlier in the year, plus he gives us the versatility to play either center or on the wing.

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
Strong rumor: Kane injury is ankle (same as 08-09)

A source in the know tells me #88 suffered an ankle injury on Sunday night. Same exact injury that slowed him down around the winter classic and sidelined Crosby for 30 games. A tad scary, but let's hope we see Kane back a lot sooner than 30 games from now.

Wandy89

Liked Posts:
yeah, checked their web page, and the injury report mentioned Hossa out for one to two more weeks, Pisani .. whatever. .. and Kane out , "indefinatley" that's not real comforting, let's hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.