How can you be mad at the picks

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's just not a creative draft by Pace. It certainly isn't flashy, it's just solid. That's all. Most wanted a trade down as well.
Arent those people historically labeled “trade down clowns” on this board?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You spent the whole season blaming Mitch's struggles on the o-line.

How come you're not upset??
Because he didnt have a oline, run game, TE or OC worth a damn....unless u know where we can get a Rodgers type QB.

FA he signed a OLineman, he drafted the #1 rated TE in draft....probably will grab another interior olineman in upcoming rounds.....so better oline, results in better run game, results in better QB play, which results in possibly having a safety net at TE with pick....so he wont have any excuses if that is the case...plus we actually have a capable backup(who look like shit if those problems continue).

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
I reserve judgement these days. My last draft where I anal ized picks to death was the year they drafted Major Wright. I called the pick, wanted the pick and he just never materialized.

Kmet could be good. I like how he is already a Bears fan. That makes him likeable I guess... UNtil he fucks up right?

and the Johnson pick I know nothing about. First round talent that got hurt? Sounds like the Kevin White of Defense as of now. But again, I stopped acting like an armchair GM years ago.

There's plenty of other gurus here that really know their stuff like @msadows

I can say for the fans that keep pining for OL------ OL can be had late in the draft with no problems-----A starting C can usually be found in the 3rd round and back. If they have a brain and are big, they can be coached.

BEARS
Kevin white was still drafted in the 1st rd though. Sounds more like Eddie Jackson to me.

but we’ll see

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
“OMG WE HAVE 10 TIGHT ENDS”

Reality: most of them are trash, or unpolished and won’t make the roster and our best free agent option is old as hell. Kmet was a solid pick.

Johnson has potential to be an Eddie Jackson like talent.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Because different people have different perspectives. I am not upset but rather lukewarm.

Kmet - As some scouts have noted he isn't really exceptional at anything. He is a good receiver but not on the level of the top receiving TEs in NFL and he has the size to be a good blocker but currently isn't. He is more of a high floor low ceiling kind of guy and if he becomes say Kyle Rudolph that is not overly exciting relative to others that were available who have higher peeceived ceilings. So some people have different risk profiles and would have prefered gambling on upside.

Johnson - Good prospect whose injury history is concerning. More importantly though I think some preferred going OL here as even if Johnson is good, it wont matter much if our OL still sucks balls.

In short, there are plenty of reasons to like the picks. And plenty of reasons not to. To each his own. People need to stop being at the extremes and think everyone else has to like what they like or hate what they hate.

Kmet was one of the youngest in the draft. His B-day was last month. just turned 21 years old. He'll be in a Bear uniform for the next decade manning the Tight end position

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
What do you want out of ideal draft picks?

Draft players widely graded in the area of the pick - check
Draft players that will likely contribute immediately - check
Draft players that started as freshman - check
Draft players that had 2-3 years of productive experience and not just workout warriors - check
Draft players that are still young - both are 21 - check
Draft positions of need - check
When possible, draft players considered best at their position - check on Kmet

In the end, all it matters is that they play well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kmet was one of the youngest in the draft. His B-day was last month. just turned 21 years old. He'll be in a Bear uniform for the next decade manning the Tight end position

Ok but if he is Kyle Rudolph and not say Zach Ertz, I dont particularly care.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You spent the whole season blaming Mitch's struggles on the o-line.

How come you're not upset??
The more I watch this preseason pan out, the more I have a feeling the Bears are higher on the Oline than we know. Either Bars of perhaps Leno had an undisclosed booboo? Something. All else doesn't make sense.

Or

The Bears have a legit 4-5 areas of need. No way, impossible to fix with 2 draft picks. I would rate the O line critical, Nagy (apparently TE) thinks otherwise. Pace, no clue.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I’m not mad but worried with pace’s lack of finding offensive talent outside of Cohen says a lot about Kmets chances to be the guy

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he didnt have a oline, run game, TE or OC worth a damn....unless u know where we can get a Rodgers type QB.

FA he signed a OLineman, he drafted the #1 rated TE in draft....probably will grab another interior olineman in upcoming rounds.....so better oline, results in better run game, results in better QB play, which results in possibly having a safety net at TE with pick....so he wont have any excuses if that is the case...plus we actually have a capable backup(who look like shit if those problems continue).

Well, get your excuses ready for Trubisky in 2020. Nagy may have the least amount of respect for running the football than any coach in the league.

Trubisky will still struggle and get benched for Foles. Nagy thinks short passes to TEs and setting up Cohen screens replaces running the football. Mitch has proven he cannot execute that scheme.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I’m going to be upset if it takes 2-3 years for Kmet to turn into an absolutely average TE, and if one of the WR’s drafted afterwards turns into a superstar.

We do recall this was one of the most historically deep WR drafts right? Sure I wanted tee Higgins and he wasn’t there, but Denzel mims went a couple picks later and he can turn into the real deal. KJ hamler is a play maker as well but I suppose the bears don’t need any more midgets.

The weakest unit on the team, the OL, got no help yesterday.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’m going to be upset if it takes 2-3 years for Kmet to turn into an absolutely average TE, and if one of the WR’s drafted afterwards turns into a superstar.

We do recall this was one of the most historically deep WR drafts right? Sure I wanted tee Higgins and he wasn’t there, but Denzel mims went a couple picks later and he can turn into the real deal. KJ hamler is a play maker as well but I suppose the bears don’t need any more midgets.

Pretty simple....because outside of QB, TE is the most important position in this offense. It's the first position nagy talked about when he signed here, and he's still talking about it.

This offense won't be productive without a good TE....or two.

I also think they like ridley and drafted him in the 4th for a reason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah this could easily turn into Bears passing on JuJu for Shaheen.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Bears got a first round talent at CB and the top available TE........its ok everyone.........football is coming...
I'm concerned that the CB has busted his shoulder three times since senior year of HS. I love the talent but I get anxious everytime Anthony takes a shoulder hit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty simple....because outside of QB, TE is the most important position in this offense. It's the first position nagy talked about when he signed here, and he's still talking about it.

This offense won't be productive without a good TE....or two.

I also think they like ridley and drafted him in the 4th for a reason.

The issue is Kmet may not be the type of TE the offense needs. He doesnt project to be a Kelce or Ertz type. He projects more to be a Rudolph type.

Of course he could blow up but his perceived ceiling is generally low which is why he wasnt a first rounder.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm concerned that the CB has busted his shoulder three times since senior year of HS. I love the talent but I get anxious everytime Anthony takes a shoulder hit.

The only good thing about it is as a CB not as important as it would be for a WR.