How can you be mad at the picks

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Pretty simple....because outside of QB, TE is the most important position in this offense. It's the first position nagy talked about when he signed here, and he's still talking about it.

This offense won't be productive without a good TE....or two.

I also think they like ridley and drafted him in the 4th for a reason.

I’m not giving up on Ridley but this idea that he is going to turn into shit because he was a 4th round pick is just stupid. There’s no other way to put it.

I’m hopeful that Kmet can be a good player but there’s a reason he fell to round 2. The talent is mediocre.

The bears need weapons on offense, I don’t care what position that is. If Nagy is such a guru and has so much brain power that he lines his left tackle up at WR then I’m sure he can find a way to make his offense work without cole Kmet. Cole Kmet is not Travis Kelce. He’s not Zach ertz. He projects to be Kyle Rudolph. Kyle Rudolph is not make or break for an offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The issue is Kmet may not be the type of TE the offense needs. He doesnt project to be a Kelce or Ertz type. He projects more to be a Rudolph type.

Of course he could blow up but his perceived ceiling is generally low which is why he wasnt a first rounder.

This is based on all zero of the tape you watched?

What I'm confident on is that NAGY wanted him, and NAGY has been around an elite TE and knows how to use him.

This isn't a Pace pick, this is a Nagy pick. If Nagy thinks he can be the answer at TE for us than I trust Nagy.

He might be a shit playcaller, but he understands this offense more than everyone on this board combined.

He obviously thought kmet was better than getting any other TE in this draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’m not giving up on Ridley but this idea that he is going to turn into shit because he was a 4th round pick is just stupid. There’s no other way to put it.

I’m hopeful that Kmet can be a good player but there’s a reason he fell to round 2. The talent is mediocre.

The bears need weapons on offense, I don’t care what position that is. If Nagy is such a guru and has so much brain power that he lines his left tackle up at WR then I’m sure he can find a way to make his offense work without cole Kmet. Cole Kmet is not Travis Kelce. He’s not Zach ertz. He projects to be Kyle Rudolph. Kyle Rudolph is not make or break for an offense.

I've heard Jason Witten more, but okay.

You do realize the best TE in the NFL last year was compared to Charles Clay coming out, right?

I'm pretty sure also that it's easier to find an effective TE or two than completely changing your offensive scheme that you've learned over the last decade....

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I've heard Jason Witten more, but okay.

You do realize the best TE in the NFL last year was compared to Charles Clay coming out, right?

I'm pretty sure also that it's easier to find an effective TE or two than completely changing your offensive scheme that you've learned over the last decade....

I’m not saying Kmet won’t be good. I have no clue. Of course he can outplay his NFL comparison and maybe he really develops into a great player. Just saying there were multiple WR’s he could’ve taken and they passed. Let’s hope Anthony Miller can keep his shoulder attached to his body, and his head out of his ass. Let’s hope wims or Ridley can turn into something. Let’s hope every single OL player improves.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I reserve judgement these days. My last draft where I anal ized picks to death was the year they drafted Major Wright. I called the pick, wanted the pick and he just never materialized.

Kmet could be good. I like how he is already a Bears fan. That makes him likeable I guess... UNtil he fucks up right?

and the Johnson pick I know nothing about. First round talent that got hurt? Sounds like the Kevin White of Defense as of now. But again, I stopped acting like an armchair GM years ago.

There's plenty of other gurus here that really know their stuff like @msadows

I can say for the fans that keep pining for OL------ OL can be had late in the draft with no problems-----A starting C can usually be found in the 3rd round and back. If they have a brain and are big, they can be coached.

BEARS

Eddie Jackson was injured in college but he's stayed healthy. You can get a White or Jackson.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying Kmet won’t be good. I have no clue. Of course he can outplay his NFL comparison and maybe he really develops into a great player. Just saying there were multiple WR’s he could’ve taken and they passed. Let’s hope Anthony Miller can keep his shoulder attached to his body, and his head out of his ass. Let’s hope wims or Ridley can turn into something. Let’s hope every single OL player improves.

I think it was just Mims and Hamler?

Most of this board wanted nothing to do with hamler pre draft.

And mims got passed on by every team nearly twice, obviously he was overvalued. Most projected him as a first round pick after his combine.

There is a very good chance pace/nagy thought that Kmet is a better prospect than Mims/Hamler.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is based on all zero of the tape you watched?

What I'm confident on is that NAGY wanted him, and NAGY has been around an elite TE and knows how to use him.

This isn't a Pace pick, this is a Nagy pick. If Nagy thinks he can be the answer at TE for us than I trust Nagy.

He might be a shit playcaller, but he understands this offense more than everyone on this board combined.

He obviously thought kmet was better than getting any other TE in this draft.

Burton was a Nagy signing so what? Gabs was too. Proves nothing about Kmet.

Yall keep acting like it is a sure thing. It isnt. The same people hyping Shaheen are hyping Kmet. We dont know and until we find out, it is fair for some to be high on him and fair for some not to be. Simple as that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A lot of TEs look like they will be available. Howard, Njoku and Engram. Kind of wish we had never signed Graham. TE would look a lot nicer with Kmet inline and one of those 3 playing move. Graham may be fine for a year but those 3 would have helped longer term.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Yall keep acting like it is a sure thing. It isnt. The same people hyping Shaheen are hyping Kmet. We dont know and until we find out, it is fair for some to be high on him and fair for some not to be. Simple as that.
I was hyping Shaheen as much as anyone but I'm not too high on Kmet.

I like him and think he'll be a definite contributor, but I highly doubt he'll ever be a star.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Two nice picks..why are people upset?

Mostly because they're dumb.

I think Oline is the only reasonable gripe not being taken in the 2nd. The bears are (as of now) going to have 2 of the top 6 most penalized offensive linemen in 2019 (Leno and Ifedi) starting on the same line in 2020. Cant blame any fan who isn't enthused by that.

But otherwise? I like the picks. Kmet isn't sexy but he's the best all-around TE in the class and the bears got him in the 2nd round. He comps to Kyle Rudolph, but of course the meatballs will demand he be Rob Gronkowski.

CB2 is far more important than safety right now. You can mask an average strong safety with a good pass rush, which was the point of paying Robert Quinn big $. You can also get a solid strong safety in later rounds (Adrian Amos was a 5th rounder).

To offset Mack/Quinn/Hicks/Goldman/Noquan/Trevathan, teams will get rid of the ball quickly. Snap then throw in 2-3 seconds. Pagano isn't going to scheme SS on the LOS in very many situations, so to attack a weak SS, teams will need 3+ seconds.

CB2? That can absolutely be attacked with a quick passing game. And right now, opposite Kyle Fuller is an all-pro from the CFL, Artie Burns--who is trash, and Kevin Tolliver, who has flashed but we just don't know what he is because he hasn't gotten the opportunities and been consistent in those opportunities.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So if he comps to Rudolph and a WR or OL picked later becomes a pro bowler, you saying you good?

Some of you are so silly. It is fine if you like Kmet but it is not being dumb if you think there were guys available who could be much better than Kyle Rudolph at their positions.

In the end it will be decided on the field.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Think this guy has a real chance to be really good.

For people talking about this guy not being able to become a guy like Kelce or Kittle I think we're talking about two different types of players

I don't want to compare anybody to Gronk because its dumb but lets not forget what made that guy special is he was an unbelievable blocker, pass catcher, and could play any of the TE positions so defenses had no idea what to do with him and him being on the field isn't a major tell for the defense of run or pass.

Let me start this by saying Kmet is not Gronk and will never be gronk. But he is in the same mold of versatility in terms of being a solid blocker right now, can play any of the TE positions, and is a good in the passing game. The fact you don't know for sure which he's gonna play is a big plus because defenses won't know either so he's gonna be on the field a ton.

Scouts watching him think he has the frame to get even bigger and stronger so you're talking about somebody who get even better as a blocker to the point where he has the potential to be a big matchup problem every snap and a major asset for the running game, pass game, and improve the ceiling of the entire offense.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The way this draft fell, the bears should have just went defense to make it super elite!

I feel like this team is actually less talented than last year. Gabriel is gone and so is the speed and I don’t see anyone on our team to replace his production or lack thereof even.

the defense is worse talent wise. Health can be a plus this year if we get luckyand even if JJ is better than prince the safety position is worse.

with our draft capital this year we would have been better off for this year having drafted both defensive players in the second. That’s not the answer long term but would have given this teams players the best chance for a Super Bowl.

I fear that these defensive players will age out of contention as there seems to be no sign of improvement on offense and pace has given us zero sigN for us to be confident that he’ll bring in offensive talent via draft or even free agency as none of them have panned out!

that’s our reality! It sucks but true.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He isnt a solid blocker right now. That is one of his weaknesses. He projects to be able to become one because of his size and effort but he is not one now.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, get your excuses ready for Trubisky in 2020. Nagy may have the least amount of respect for running the football than any coach in the league.

Trubisky will still struggle and get benched for Foles. Nagy thinks short passes to TEs and setting up Cohen screens replaces running the football. Mitch has proven he cannot execute that scheme.
There isnt any excuses.....fact is, please show me a QB, besides ultra elite that succeed with no oline, run game or te.......also fact Mitch was part of the problem, not "the problem " as u like to make it seem. If he cant process field then move on or keep him as a back up.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
That’s not to say they won’t be good they just won’t be able to win a superboel and the state of our division with everyone getting better and he overall talent in the nfc they will have a really hard time being successful

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So if he comps to Rudolph and a WR or OL picked later becomes a pro bowler, you saying you good?

Some of you are so silly. It is fine if you like Kmet but it is not being dumb if you think there were guys available who could be much better than Kyle Rudolph at their positions.

In the end it will be decided on the field.

I don't hate Kmet, but he has to pan out as a Kittle/Kelce/Ertz to make it work. This looks to me like a luxury pick when there are glaring needs, and there were players available to address those needs. Specifically Delpit and Winfield. I also think Kmet probably still would've been available at 50, based on the teams that drafted after the Bears. I don't really hate it, but it feels so Bears.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
He isnt a solid blocker right now. That is one of his weaknesses. He projects to be able to become one because of his size and effort but he is not one now.
Yeah this is a common misconception on Kmet. He doesn't block well right now.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Both of them played well in this scheme before injury.

The fuck?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't hate Kmet, but he has to pan out as a Kittle/Kelce/Ertz to make it work. This looks to me like a luxury pick when there are glaring needs, and there were players available to address those needs. Specifically Delpit and Winfield. I also think Kmet probably still would've been available at 50, based on the teams that drafted after the Bears. I don't really hate it, but it feels so Bears.

You never know if a team like GB or NE would trade back up to take him.

NE had 50 picks to work with and took a TE with two of them.