How can you be mad at the picks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All GM's don't usually get it wrong in unison.

Players are great later in the draft, they arent usually graded as first rounders and drop over a round.

There is usually a reason for that. Neither you or I know the reason. Either way, Mims and Jones were never options at 43, and it seemed like they wouldn't have been options no matter who was picking at 43....

Of course they do. Dont be silly. If guys like Brady, Sherman, Wilson etc were correctly graded they would have been drafted higher.

And the point us until the games are played you are free to believe they got it right and others are free to believe they didnt.

Your problem has always been you insist on presuming your opinion is the only rightbome and then when proven wrong you get upset.

No one knows if Nagy and Pace made the right call. We are all free to speculate.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What was the TE room like before drafting Kmet?

Pretty much just as bad as it is now. Pace and Nagy will probably be gone by the time Kmet becomes what they want him to become.

And the best TE in football last year didn't grade out to be there.

Yet everyone was crying the bears should have taken him....

Not sure how he doesn't grade out to be there. What makes you think he can't be a good Y TE in this scheme?

I never said he wouldn't be good, but TEs take time to develop, even the great ones. My gripe is with drafting the position itself, when the main concern on this team (outside of QB, like usual) is OL. If they can't block, I don't think TE means shit. Pretty much, safety, cornerback, and OL were all there for both picks and bigger needs than a TE.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No you really don't have one. The receivers left there were all fringe 1st to mid 2nd guys just like kmet. You can't put the bar for of success for either as the top 3 at their position

They weren't first round picks either. All the best offenses in football right now feature a good tight end so in terms of higher positions of need its clearly higher than any of us realize

I've never once mentioned a WR, nor did I want any of the ones that were available. All the best offenses in football have a lot more than just a TE. Just stop.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah.

Some of us aren't jaded or dissatisfied regardless of what was done/who was picked. He may be good. He may be bust. He may be in-between. He may be Kyle Rudolph who was also taken #43 overall, coincidentally (and let's be honest, if he put up Rudolph numbers you'd all be demanding Gronk numbers).

But you clowns writing him off before he's played a snap, because you're under some delusional impression that:

Ryan Pace can't get the TE position right/Adam Shaheen was a bust and also taken in the 2nd so Cole Kmet will be too/But Trey Burton didn't pan out/We overpayed for Jimmy Graham/We already have 9 TEs on the roster

Bears fans crack me up. They got better at tight end, a position they desperately needed to--and you're bitching.

Again you are free to believe that. Calling others clowns because they disagree is dumb.

You bascially are trying to argue that your speculation is better than someone else's. I am saying speculate how you see fit and others will do the same. The only people that look unhinged are the ones calling others clowns or dumb because they have a different opinion.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter who you pick as long as they contribute at a level appropriate with their draft position. What you can't do is whiff on 1st and 2nd round picks like Pace has done far too often. As long as Kmet and Johnson turn into solid pros, things will work out. Having said that, I fully expect Kmet to have a nice career once he is traded to Carolina.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Of course they do. Dont be silly. If guys like Brady, Sherman, Wilson etc were correctly graded they would have been drafted higher.

And the point us until the games are played you are free to believe they got it right and others are free to believe they didnt.

Your problem has always been you insist on presuming your opinion is the only rightbome and then when proven wrong you get upset.

No one knows if Nagy and Pace made the right call. We are all free to speculate.

They certainly get it right more than all of us idiots (myself included) posting on a message board about it

Even if you are convinced the Bears have the worst GM and the worst scouts in football, they still deserve more credibility until proven wrong then all of us fans. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion but the idea they or any other team is going completely off the rails anymore with picks is crazy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They certainly get it right more than all of us idiots (myself included) posting on a message board about it

Even if you are convinced the Bears have the worst GM and the worst scouts in football, they still deserve more credibility until proven wrong then all of us fans. Doesn't mean we can't have an opinion but the idea they or any other team is going completely off the rails anymore with picks is crazy

No they dont. They have been proven wrong on every TE they have selected thus far. So again you are free to give them benefit of doubt. Others are free to do otherwise.

Let me ask simply. Why is it so hard to accept that there isnt a right or wrong answer here? Why do you need to believe only your position is the right one?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Doesn't matter who you pick as long as they contribute at a level appropriate with their draft position. What you can't do is whiff on 1st and 2nd round picks like Pace has done far too often. As long as Kmet and Johnson turn into solid pros, things will work out. Having said that, I fully expect Kmet to have a nice career once he is traded to Carolina.

I think both will be fine. I still look back at that 2017 draft and I was fucking irate at the Trubisky/Shaheen debacle.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Because everyone on here is bipolar and schizophrenic.
“I want my guy, but lets see who they take.....” to “I HATE THESE MOTHERFUCKERS WHY DID THEY PICK THIS DOUCHEBAG THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MY GUY” with the appropriate amount of spittle flying all over their keyboard.....
If you've been in the live game chats you know this is true.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I'm a big delpit fan and in no scenario do you go DB twice in a row.

And I'm not really sure how TE is a luxury pick when you had the worst TE room in the NFL last year.

The ideal pick there was OL, but there just wasn't one valued at 43. They coulda traded down, I guess.

Given our lack of offensive talent and the way the draft went and our draft positions, I don’t see how they get any elite level skill position players that really help this offense improve enough to make a difference with this offensive line and qb.

the best way to make us competitive is to have an elite defense, maybe number one and if you had drafted a starting safety and corner this defense could be that. We have a hole at safety. That’s it

Even you argue that a wide receiver doesn’t help with a shitty offensive line and they wouldn’t have been able to get one anyway as they were all gone by our picks.

in light of that it made no sense going tight end when the other tight ends weren’t graded much worse. He’s realistically a 400-500 yard guy and that’s not much better if at all over graham the next year or two.

I might be wrong but I think we should have gone both defense to give us the best chance.

it sucks but I believe our best chance in the next year or two would have been to be a boring conservative run team as we don’t have the players, capital or draft capital to fix it not to mention pace has shown zero ability to add talent either via the draft or free agency. Our head coach is also an offensive guy that likes to throw the ball a ton and our players on offense don’t support that not to mention I don’t think that’s a recipe for success with a stacked defense either.

it’s not what we want to hear or see but that’s the current state like it or not. At least that’s what I see and feel. I hope I’m wrong but I think I’m right

msadows

Liked Posts:

That isn't what I said at all, or at least meant.

Both Mims and Jones were mocked and projected as first round talents by nearly every mock expert/draft board.

If those players get passed up(By every GM), usually it tells you there is something wrong with them.

The players you listed got drafted where they were supposed to.

Last edited:

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
No they dont. They have been proven wrong on every TE they have selected thus far. So again you are free to give them benefit of doubt. Others are free to do otherwise.

Let me ask simply. Why is it so hard to accept that there isnt a right or wrong answer here? Why do you need to believe only your position is the right one?

Lol there's tons uncertainty here with draft picks - the draft is a crapshoot even at #1 and it only gets worse and worse from there.

The only thing that's close to certainty is the Bears are better at evaluating tight end talent than some guy named remydat who posts on Bears forums

This guy might be a bust on day #1 because thats what happens to these half of these guys but you better believe all 32 of these teams on average are grading these guys somewhat close to the same anyways

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
None of us know how a player will turn out

therefore I’m using Pace history of finding offensive talent as a indicator of Kmet will be good or not and history tells us that the overwhelming odds are that he will not be the guy we expected in that draft position.

be honest, this hasn’t crossed your mind?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That isn't what I said at all, or at least meant.

Both Mims and Jones were mocked and projected as first round talents by nearly every mock expert/draft board.

If those players get passed up, usually it tells you there is something wrong with them.

The players you listed got drafted where they were supposed to.

You claimed Ridley was mocked as 2nd eound and got drafted in 4th? What was wrong with him.

Johnson and Kmet were supposedly mocked in 1st round too and dropped to 2nd? What was wrong with them.

Your argument is a bit cherry picked. All that matters is who ends up being right so until then again believe as you see fit and let others do the same.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
One thing I know, I'd be fucking pissed if I were a Packers fan. LOL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol there's tons uncertainty here with draft picks - the draft is a crapshoot even at #1 and it only gets worse and worse from there.

The only thing that's close to certainty is the Bears are better at evaluating tight end talent than some guy named remydat who posts on Bears forums

This guy might be a bust on day #1 because thats what happens to these half of these guys but you better believe all 32 of these teams on average are grading these guys somewhat close to the same anyways

They are better at evaluating QB talent too yet they picked Trubs and I wanted Watson so your point is still irrelevant.

Just about every GM that got fired is better at this than us. If that is your position then you should log off and not discuss football at all.

If this were Emery or Angelo and you didnt like them you wouod be doubtful of their picks too even though they know more than you. So this is a silly argument.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I think it was just Mims and Hamler?

Most of this board wanted nothing to do with hamler pre draft.

And mims got passed on by every team nearly twice, obviously he was overvalued. Most projected him as a first round pick after his combine.

There is a very good chance pace/nagy thought that Kmet is a better prospect than Mims/Hamler.
Kmet is fine, Graham is not at his price. His money should have been spent on OL or WR.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
They are better at evaluating QB talent too yet they picked Trubs and I wanted Watson so your point is still irrelevant.

Just about every GM that got fired is better at this than us. If that is your position then you should log off and not discuss football at all.

If this were Emery or Angelo and you didnt like them you wouod be doubtful of their picks too even though they know more than you. So this is a silly argument.
This is seriously hilarious though

You happened to guess right out of Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson the three consensus top QB prospects of that draft?

How has no team offered you a GM job yet? Forget the Bears you should be in Belicheck's ear right now man breaking down to him what you saw on "tape" from youtube videos from your apartment

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is seriously hilarious though

You happened to guess right out of Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson the three consensus top QB prospects of that draft?

How has no team offered you a GM job yet? Forget the Bears you should be in Belicheck's ear right now man breaking down to him what you saw on "tape" from youtube videos from your apartment

The point is your argument is irrelevant. Emery knew more than us. He was still a bad GM.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
You shoot for Kyle Rudolph ceiling in the early second round? We already did this with Adam Shaheen! Based on need this was a trade down spot but I think Pace is feeling the pressure and making his last stand. If he panned out as KR that wouldn't be that bad but most people don't reach their ceiling which scares me.

Last edited: