How quick of a hook for Mitch vs Saints?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just stick with biscuits, if he flames out, the MitchLovers on here will blame everything on the coaches anyway
Its a bad QB and bad coaches. Look at how unprepared the replacement players were yesterday.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
My hook would be quicker than Ricky Renteria in game 3 vs the A’s for those Sox fans out there. Except this time it would be the right move.

I have ZERO faith Mitch can put up enough offensive points to beat the Saints.

Yes, I’m tapping my right arm and calling for the closer, Midway Nick. Don’t get me wrong, my confidence isn’t much higher with Foles, but it’s not fucking zilch and at least he’s done it before.

Fucking Mitch has been presented with countless opportunities to play well against good teams and hasn’t delivered a single time in his career. Zero games in his career with a QB rating over 100 against teams with a record over .500. Please sit back and ponder that for a few minutes. Because it is unfuckingbelievable.

IMO, the Bears QB will need to have over 100 passer rating to have a chance to win this game. There’s no way around it.

The Bears only W against a winning team this year was against the Bucs with Foles. Bears took the Saints to OT (granted no Michael Thomas) w/ Foles. The o-line is playing much better which is clearly a requirement for Foles to play well.

In a do or die situation, how fast is your hook on Mitch this Sunday?

First non-spiral? (JK he’d be gone after first pass attempt)
Few errant passes to open receivers?
One or multiple picks?
Down 2 scores?
Maybe you’d never bench him and blindly hope til the clock strikes zero that he will play well against a good team for the first time in career?

This is an interesting thought. To be honest, it's the only time Foles has shown real value in his career.

If Nagy is going to call plays and not utilize Mitch's strengths anyways, you might as well see if Foles can catch another heater.

The o-line is a little more stable, but man will Foles take a beating against NO. Remember how aggressive they get in the playoffs?

This would also end any chance Mitch is back here, and if it blows up could end Foles, and even Nagy. There's more upside here than at first glance. Slow burner of an idea and I'm listening.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It may come as quickly as a series or two. I do not believe the assurances being peddled in the media that Nagy's job is safe. My personal read of the situation is that the Bears are just itching for a reason to dump Nagy for Fitzgerald, but its hardly appropriate for that to happen if the Bears beat the two seed on the road in the playoffs. Nagy isn't going to trust his job security to Mitchell Trubisky.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Foles is weirdly fantastic at coming off the bench in the playoffs.

If trubisky struggles, it’s good to have him at least give you a shot.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its worth considering with Foles that he turns into a different guy in the playoffs. Its happened enough times to call it a pattern.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is an interesting thought. To be honest, it's the only time Foles has shown real value in his career.

If Nagy is going to call plays and not utilize Mitch's strengths anyways, you might as well see if Foles can catch another heater.

The o-line is a little more stable, but man will Foles take a beating against NO. Remember how aggressive they get in the playoffs?

This would also end any chance Mitch is back here, and if it blows up could end Foles, and even Nagy. There's more upside here than at first glance. Slow burner of an idea and I'm listening.

Appreciate it, I know it’s the unpopular opinion but it’s what I feel in my plums.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Now wait a second....Foles didn’t play exceptionally terrible in the last meeting. And he is a good relief QB.

Exactly Nagy and the coaches would have NO PROBLEM sitting Mitch down if he has one of his infamous starts where hes throwing ground balls

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
My hook would be quicker than Ricky Renteria in game 3 vs the A’s for those Sox fans out there. Except this time it would be the right move.

I have ZERO faith Mitch can put up enough offensive points to beat the Saints.

Yes, I’m tapping my right arm and calling for the closer, Midway Nick. Don’t get me wrong, my confidence isn’t much higher with Foles, but it’s not fucking zilch and at least he’s done it before.

Fucking Mitch has been presented with countless opportunities to play well against good teams and hasn’t delivered a single time in his career. Zero games in his career with a QB rating over 100 against teams with a record over .500. Please sit back and ponder that for a few minutes. Because it is unfuckingbelievable.

IMO, the Bears QB will need to have over 100 passer rating to have a chance to win this game. There’s no way around it.

The Bears only W against a winning team this year was against the Bucs with Foles. Bears took the Saints to OT (granted no Michael Thomas) w/ Foles. The o-line is playing much better which is clearly a requirement for Foles to play well.

In a do or die situation, how fast is your hook on Mitch this Sunday?

First non-spiral? (JK he’d be gone after first pass attempt)
Few errant passes to open receivers?
One or multiple picks?
Down 2 scores?
Maybe you’d never bench him and blindly hope til the clock strikes zero that he will play well against a good team for the first time in career?

The offensive line plays better with the running threat that Mitch poses. It's no fluke that they suddenly have shown vast improvement after putting "BDN" back on the bench where he belongs. If Foles were to start, the offensive line would be exploited and he would be sacked at least 4 times like he was in the last meeting. This isn't difficult to understand.

I'm in the minority as I believe the Bears matchup well against the Saints. FWIW, NO is ranked 29th in redzone defense. New Orleans is allowing a TD rate of 68% in the redzone. This bodes well for a Bears team that was unable to finish against the Packers 8th ranked redzone defense (57% redzone touchdowns.

Being that we seem to have the offense figured out over the last several weeks (minus the failed redzone trips against GB) this could be the perfect game to start getting that corrected. I also highly doubt that Brees goes 10/10 for 3 touchdowns and a perfect passer rating in the first half. Defense needs to show up, we need Roquan Smith and Jaylon Johnson back and we need to make Drew Brees uncomfortable in the pocket instead of playing that soft zone crap.

Bears have a shot.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The offensive line plays better with the running threat that Mitch poses. It's no fluke that they suddenly have shown vast improvement after putting "BDN" back on the bench where he belongs. If Foles were to start, the offensive line would be exploited and he would be sacked at least 4 times like he was in the last meeting.

He will be sacked more than 4 times in their Dome and that playing field. It would be more of Foles making those "smart quick throws" that are almost picked or are easily broken up.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is an 8-8 team that backed into the playoffs. If the defense was playing at a high level I might be a little more intrigued. The Saints are going to drop 30 or more points on this defense. Neither Nick or Mitch are capable of putting up that many points against their defense. I wouldn't put much more thought into this game than that. I would advice you to kick back with your favorite beverage and snacks and enjoy watching the Bears in a playoff game. Anymore expectations then that is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This 100%. Things to be prepared for:

DT being exploited in the run and pass game, as he has been all season
Fuller with 10yd cushions with Brees throwing most of his passes within 4yds of the LOS
Kamara getting chunk plays on screens
Nagy settling for FG's
Quinn and Hicks being sent out into pass coverage
Patterson getting just as many touches as DMont
Peyton laughing his ass off at Nagy & Pagano

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The offensive line plays better with the running threat that Mitch poses. It's no fluke that they suddenly have shown vast improvement after putting "BDN" back on the bench where he belongs. If Foles were to start, the offensive line would be exploited and he would be sacked at least 4 times like he was in the last meeting.

I agree Trubisky’s mobility def helps with the oline but the personnel changes are a big part of it too. Rashaad Coward was inexplicably still starting.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question you should be asking yourself is how quick of a hook for Drew Brees?

The guy is being held together by tape and glue. You need only hit him one time hard in the chest with your shoulder, which you are allowed to do. Make him move around. Make him fall over in several plays aftermath. etc.

I am not saying its right or you are targeting him or anything, but Brees is their weakness right now, and Taysom Hill is not a real QB. Its the only way to win this game, its what the Chiefs tried to do, and it at least worked in forcing several wildly erratic throws...the type that can be pick 6's.

The Chiefs even went so far as to take a roughing the passer penalty or two for late hits just to test him, which I thought was too far and Williams esque, but its basically what you do to win this game. Just do it legally within the rules of the game and don't disgrace yourself hitting a legend late. Hit him between the whistles or even just make him fall over.

He doesn't have many impacts left in his body right now.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The question you should be asking yourself is how quick of a hook for Drew Brees?

The guy is being held together by tape and glue. You need only hit him one time hard in the chest with your shoulder, which you are allowed to do. Make him move around. Make him fall over in several plays aftermath. etc.

I am not saying its right or you are targeting him or anything, but Brees is their weakness right now, and Taysom Hill is not a real QB. Its the only way to win this game, its what the Chiefs tried to do, and it at least worked in forcing several wildly erratic throws...the type that can be pick 6's.
Probably after the 1st quarter. They could play Winston and still beat this team

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean Foles did play against the Saints this season and we went to OT. Probably with a worse offensive line as well.

So if Mitch doesn't come close to matching

272 yards and 2 TD plus 90 rating

I dont want to hear the morons talking about Mitch is better

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is and he will be fired after the N.O debacle
We can win this game. Brees is not right.

They have been thriving on inspired football and effort, but this is the playoffs now and we must meet their intensity and force Brees to move in the pocket and get uncomfortable.

I promise he cant throw straight right now under duress, I have seen it with my own eyes.

He is playing through terrible pain and all you have to do is hit him and he will be vomitting on the sidelines.

I respect what he is doing, as much as any player I have ever observed...this brings him to the mount rushmore of sports for me, but he shouldn't be playing. He is only playing because this is his swan song, the last rodeo, the way he wants to go out.

And his whole team will die for him...to win we must show up to die also. But get physical with them and Brees may not make it through.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is an 8-8 team that backed into the playoffs. If the defense was playing at a high level I might be a little more intrigued. The Saints are going to drop 30 or more points on this defense. Neither Nick or Mitch are capable of putting up that many points against their defense. I wouldn't put much more thought into this game than that. I would advice you to kick back with your favorite beverage and snacks and enjoy watching the Bears in a playoff game. Anymore expectations then that is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I agree but in my mind the Bears go from 0% to a generous 10% chance to pull it off with Foles.

That’s just me.

Hopefully Mitch starts hot and this thread ages horribly.