Hub's picks for Bears Top 5 Big Board

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't get it either. Tuitt would get stonewalled consistently against college o-lineman. Every once in a while he'd bust through the line, or get a coverage sack. He's definitely not a DE. He's a project at DT, as that's not his natural position. I don't like his burst, I don't think he's particularly strong, and I don't think he showed an ability to consistently win one on one matchups, let alone double teams. Not that my opinion matters, but I graded him out as a 3-5th round guy. He has good athleticism for someone his size, but just hasn't shown why he should be a day 1, or even day 2, pick.
:andruw:

Holy shit this is laughably wrong.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hubs top 3 make sense. I like Jernigan more than Tuitt(and Donald). Ebron is curious but depending on what the board looks like the defensive value may not be there(especially along the DL) and if Ebron is the best guy on the board I could see MAYBE taking him but we are missing A LOT of context here(ie Hub's entire board and actual draft results/scenarios)

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Good lord Hub.

Yeah Hub is always looking for a way to show he is smarter than everyone but it typically backfires.
God I hate doing these lists but here goes:

Gilbert
Donald
Fuller
Dennard
Dix

I put Gilbert over Donald because I still believe he has a better chance of making more impact plays given that Donald might get taken out of the play too often by the 300 plus pound guards.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Donald
2. Clinton-Dix
3. Gilbert
4. Nix
5. Mosley

This would be my top 5. I vacillate between Mosley and Pryor.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My board:

1. Donald (#14 CBS Rankings, #1 at DT)
2. HHCD (#17, #1 at FS)
3. Gilbert (#11, #1 at CB)
4. Pryor (#20, #2 at FS)
5. Jernigan (#18, #2 at DT)

Liked Posts:
I am not as down on Donald as Hub is, but not as high on him as many on a certain message board.

Sub Donald in at number four and I totally agree with Hub.....and that unnerves the heck out of me.

If the Bears pass on Donald...I would not be shocked with Houston at 3-tech.

This wouldn't bother me but I would sure as hell hope the Bears take Ealy in round round or Kareem Martin in the second. I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this but I like Ealy better than Clowney, & I do think Ealy & Martin are the best 4-3 DE prospects in the draft, & I'll leave it at that...If the plan is to use Houston on the interior, I'd be very happy with Ealy & Brooks or Ha Ha & Martin.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
he talks about Houston moving inside full time simply because Emery said there would be scenarios where Houston, Allen, and Young would be on the field at the same time then he mentions how he is down on Donald because he is undersized? Houston is even more undersized at DT than Donald is. Houston is the end until 3rd down situations.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He plays around 275-280.

he said he has played around 275-280 he looks every part near 300 which he has played at as well. He could easily be a 3tech

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
he said he has played around 275-280 he looks every part near 300 which he has played at as well. He could easily be a 3tech

He COULD play 3-tech but the reasoning Hub says Donald can't play in the NFL is because he is undersized even though he is very stocky (more stocky than Houston). Houston was moved around a lot and played in a 3-4 in OAK. He has played at 300 before but at this point with him gearing up to play lighter at DE, asking him to add 20-30 lb in such a short amount of time is not a good idea. We have never seen him play 3 downs as a 3 tech. I'm just saying Hub is talking out of his ass. Houston is going to be at DE primarily and move inside when the situation calls for it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He COULD play 3-tech but the reasoning Hub says Donald can't play in the NFL is because he is undersized even though he is very stocky (more stocky than Houston). Houston was moved around a lot and played in a 3-4 in OAK. We have never seen him play 3 downs as a 3 tech. I'm just saying Hub is talking out of his ass. Houston is going to be at DE primarily and move inside when the situation calls for it.

don't confuse my argument with Hub.....Hub can be a fucking idiot sometimes....Houston played DE in a 3-4 defense, not that far from a 3tech

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
My board:

1. Aaron Donald
2. HaSean Clinton Dix
3. Stephon Tuitt
4. Kony Ealy
5. Calvin Pryor

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hub fishes for page visits by being out landish and trying to generate controversy.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Lamar Houston is listed at 6'3" and 300 lbs........I think you looked at Whitney Houston's measurements.

yep, he is the size of A Real Bear :D. played mostly inside at Texas ?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Hub's Bears Big Board

1. Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert

2. Alabama FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

3. Louisville SS Calvin Pryor

4. Notre Dame DT Stephon Tuitt

5. North Carolina TE Eric Ebron

Like Gilbert as A return guy , but scared he could be a bust at corner

Tuitt was a man among boys at ND, liked him better then Nixs

Good news is the Bears should be getting a very good player @ #14 more accurate mock drafts will be the week of the Draft.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Houston got up to 300lbs during the pre-draft process and entered the NFL, hence the erroneous weight listing, but he's never played professionally or in college at that weight. Can we put this to bed already?
"Though listed at 6-foot-3 and 300 pounds, the 25-year-old reported to summer training camp 20 pounds lighter than he had been in 2011, and started this past season at 285 pounds.

Head coach Dennis Allen – who’d asked Houston to lose 10 pounds before summer camp – was impressed by Houston’s weight loss, which gave him extra quickness and mobility. Before the season began, Allen told CBSSports.com, “I would expect good things out of him.”

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Raiders-Have-a-Building-Block-in-Houston-188847521.html

"Houston has come a long way as a pass-rusher. He dropped weight to hopefully be quicker off the edge in 2012, which seems to have helped him. He’s never going to be an elite speed rusher, but he can still be quite effective."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...w-lamarr-houston-is-making-a-name-for-himself

"Lamarr Houston wouldn't have to lose that much weight. He's listed at 300 pounds -- that's what he entered the NFL at -- but does not look close to that weight. He plays around 280-285 pounds"

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/tag/_/name/lamarr-houston

"At 6-foot-3 and believed to have been playing around 280 pounds after previously being around 300 pounds, Houston moves like a much smaller man, putting him in the category of a hybrid defender. He’s nimble enough to drop into coverage when asked, quick enough to bend the edge from a two-point stance as a pass rusher and strong enough to set the edge against the run."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/12/free-agent-spotlight-de-lamarr-houston-film-breakdown/

"Houston was one of the Longhorns to really show up in the National Championship Game against Alabama in January 2010. He put on good weight after the season, and measured in at 305 lbs at the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine. He ran 4.84 at that weight, which was faster than he timed as a high school running back (standard caveats about reported high school times apply here). That time caught the eye of Al Davis, patriarch owner of the Raiders, who traded back to draft Houston in the second round in the 2010 draft."

http://www.chatsports.com/texas-longhorns/a/Longhorn-Alumni-Lamarr-Houston-2-9409226