I applaud Ryan Poles

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For not overthinking this pick. It's obvious they're going with Caleb Williams and I'm glad they are.

Meanwhile the rest of the NFL seems to not be able to make up their minds between Jayden Daniels and JJ McCarthy the latest risers in the draft. Much like Zach Wilson and Anthony Richardson before them they're rising up the draft boards without playing a game since January.

I loved hearing it from an SEC guy last year "Anthony Richardson couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat."

Then with Zach Wilson before that "He's another overrated white QB to come out of BYU."

Drake Maye is going to fall to a team that has close to a plug and play QB situation and terrorize this league for the better part of a decade.

The Bears will become one of the top-5 teams in the NFC over the next decade with Caleb Williams and Dak Prescott Baker Mayfield Jared Goff and Jalen Hurts will be afterthoughts from their one season of playing well.

Let's fucking go.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For not overthinking this pick. It's obvious they're going with Caleb Williams and I'm glad they are.

Meanwhile the rest of the NFL seems to not be able to make up their minds
The rest of the nfl would pick Caleb too. Why are you applauding a decision 32 other teams would make? Also, when did you flip?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If McCarthy becomes a good NFL quarterback, it's an indictment on Harbaugh for underutilizing him throughout this college career. I'd be very surprised if he succeeds, but we'll see. Always a crapshoot.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If McCarthy becomes a good NFL quarterback, it's an indictment on Harbaugh for underutilizing him throughout this college career. I'd be very surprised if he succeeds, but we'll see. Always a crapshoot.
They won a national championship, and beat top competition. I don't think there is much to criticize if only because JJ grows into a good NFL starter. Harbough provided the structure that got McCarthy in position to be a top QB prospect for the pros. Isn't that how a good system should work?

That being said, I am happy to hear that Poles is going after the undisputed best prospect. Imagine if the Jaguars picked Wilson instead of Lawrence because of how he threw in gym shorts!

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Meanwhile the rest of the NFL seems to not be able to make up their minds between Jayden Daniels and JJ McCarthy the latest risers in the draft. Much like Zach Wilson and Anthony Richardson before them they're rising up the draft boards without playing a game since January.

I loved hearing it from an SEC guy last year "Anthony Richardson couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat."

Then with Zach Wilson before that "He's another overrated white QB to come out of BYU."

Drake Maye is going to fall to a team that has close to a plug and play QB situation and terrorize this league for the better part of a decade.

The Bears will become one of the top-5 teams in the NFC over the next decade with Caleb Williams and Dak Prescott Baker Mayfield Jared Goff and Jalen Hurts will be afterthoughts from their one season of playing well.

Let's fucking go.
You say “the rest of the NFL hasn’t made up their minds”, and reference “risers”.

Do you not know the difference between the teams and media?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Even if he did underutilize him, they still won a championship. 2022 Michigan was never going to beat UGA. @bearsfan1977

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not every thought that runs thru your fat monkey brane needs to be posted on here, Daniel.

Stick to posting this shit on facebook
This is, quite literally, the only place that interacts with him. I can't speak to this Facebook - maybe he keeps that to family stuff. But his Twitter? Holy hell does this man try his best to interact with everyone, and nobody replies to him. He's had 10 tweets since March 20th. He's gotten zero likes, and one reply.

This is it. This is the only consistent reaction he gets doing what he, I imagine, wants to do with his life. And the majority of it is us just shitting on him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Even if he did underutilize him, they still won a championship. 2022 Michigan was never going to beat UGA. @bearsfan1977
It's hard to say Harbaugh made a mistake, when his team won a title. That's fine. But the kid had 27 passes in the playoffs. If your QB is good enough to be good in the NFL, that's underutilizing his abilities.

But that's kind of my point. I don't think Harbaugh was underutilizing him. I think he knew the more they used him, the less likely they were to win a title. So he adjusted his offense accordingly, and they won it all. McCarthy ain't it. But hey, I could end up being wrong.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Much like Jimmy G, people will overlook certain things for the hometown guy.

Unless you're Donovan McNabb.

NoCourtesyFlush

Liked Posts:
The rest of the NFL haven’t made up their minds? Based on what? Washington, New England, New York, the rest of them know exactly what and who they want. It’s the MEDIA who’s trying to figure out what these teams are trying to do.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The NFC is so weak right now, if Caleb hits like most think he will, he will absolutely terrorize a weak conference. You need a star QB that can score touchdowns and make those insane throws. As good as Lamar and Purdy were, they couldn't beat Mahomes because they couldn't finish drives with touchdowns. No NFC QB scares me that much, many have great situations around them, but if they have to outduel a potential talent like Williams, we won't have just mild success, but we could have some legit dominant years ahead.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It's hard to say Harbaugh made a mistake, when his team won a title. That's fine. But the kid had 27 passes in the playoffs. If your QB is good enough to be good in the NFL, that's underutilizing his abilities.

But that's kind of my point. I don't think Harbaugh was underutilizing him. I think he knew the more they used him, the less likely they were to win a title. So he adjusted his offense accordingly, and they won it all. McCarthy ain't it. But hey, I could end up being wrong.
Alum and Fan. Go Blue. Allow me to wear this fan hat a moment longer before taking it off to remove these clear and obvious biases.

Ok, I am with you entirely. But in the pros, there are multiple teams that like to wear you down with a heavy rushing attack. His passes per game will definitely go up, but the strategy of "the more we run, the more we win" works with guys like CMC, Henry, and will be the attempted strategy for Saquon in Philly. KC will have great success if Pacheco becomes that sort of guy for them through the rest of his career, which will be goddang brilliant for Mahomes. That doesnt have to mean that the quarterback is so limited that he can't win with his arm, but instead, his path will be to prove that he can throw daggers against a tired defense at the pro level.

Without the fan bias, I think that JJ as a prospect projects to be like Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins - good enough to win games, not good enough to win the championship without the rest of the team being better than him. He will always be competitive because he technically doesnt do anything wrong. I think he is good enough, within the boundaries that I describe above, but I wouldn't want to draft him to the Bears for that reason; you cant afford the contracts that make every other player better than your QB. He doesn't really have a "special talent" that makes the QB himself a problem for the defense to handle, whether that is game-breaking athleticism or a habit of devilish throws in diminishing windows.

With the fan bias (and Michigan hat firmly back atop my head), I hope he goes to New England and becomes the Bears Super Bowl rival over the next 20 years.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ryan Poles has been handed a winning lotto ticket as an NFL GM. Two years of #1 overall, plethora of cap space, not having to rush into an QB cuz of Fields and one of the highest touted rookie QBs of all time falling right in his lap. Not even Ryan Pace could fuck this situation up. If the Bears are not a perennial playoff team and viewed as a SB contender year in and year out then Poles should be banished from the NFL

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Let's fucking go.
Poles just text me saying he is going to take Spencer Rattler with the #1 pick.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's Joey Harrington. Not even worth contemplating.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Ryan Poles has been handed a winning lotto ticket as an NFL GM. Two years of #1 overall, plethora of cap space, not having to rush into an QB cuz of Fields and one of the highest touted rookie QBs of all time falling right in his lap. Not even Ryan Pace could fuck this situation up. If the Bears are not a perennial playoff team and viewed as a SB contender year in and year out then Poles should be banished from the NFL
It's not fair to say "he's been handed" a winning lottery ticket. He's the one who sold off guys like Mack and Smith, cut costs to give the team a relatively clean cap starting last year and he's the one who made the deal with Carolina, demanding Moore in the trade which helped Carolina's offense be atrocious. He's had quite the hand in creating his own luck here.

Last edited: