I don't usually post in the Bulls forum, but if you were at the UC and booed Krause

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Seriously it's one thing to sit behind a monitor and call people classless for expressing their 1st amendment rights, but if you really want to do something about it, find put where they live and tell them how you feel right to their face.

Sounds @Mighty Joe Young -esque of you from what I've read.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I saw a Tweet a few months back that Thelma was on Epsteins list. Guess she should have been cheered by the MAGAs on CCS.
Maybe ray epps started the booing. Fans drinking for a whole halve can get quite reactionary. I think we should review the tapes and see who was actually in this crowd

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Fn pathetic....dude literally built those championship teams....u can hate him, but this was embarrassing
He sure did build them....the trade for Pippen was probably his greatest move for the organization. A close second was trading for Cartwright and giving up the overrated Oakley. Getting Paxton (sp), Harper, Brown, Craig, Longley and there were others whether in FA or trades were great moves. Jerry Krause was a great GM for Da Bulls. So despicable to boo a person who has passed on.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sounds @Mighty Joe Young -esque of you from what I've read.
I'm not condoning it but here's the thing, maybe save the holier than thou stuff if you aren't fully committed to your principles. My ancestors didn't die for our freedoms to have some millionaire worshippers spread propaganda about whole crowds of people and be anti 1A.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Krause. Fuck Reinsdorf. They killed the Bulls prematurely. We could have won another title. MJ is the GOAT, they should have given him whatever he wanted until HE decided to retire. I've barely watched the Bulls since then.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Krause. Fuck Reinsdorf. They killed the Bulls prematurely. We could have won another title. MJ is the GOAT, they should have given him whatever he wanted until HE decided to retire. I've barely watched the Bulls since then.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I know a guy who has aspergers

Every job he ever worked he draws dicks on walls and pisses all over the walls of bathrooms. It's his calling card.
He eventually landed a job with CCS as a Bears columnist when he’s not shoveling fudgy the whale cakes into his kids garbage disposal

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Without Krause:
- No Pippen
- No Kukoc
- No Rodman
- Phil would have continued coaching in Puerto Rico
- No Tex Winter, no triangle offense

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He sure did build them....the trade for Pippen was probably his greatest move for the organization. A close second was trading for Cartwright and giving up the overrated Oakley. Getting Paxton (sp), Harper, Brown, Craig, Longley and there were others whether in FA or trades were great moves. Jerry Krause was a great GM for Da Bulls. So despicable to boo a person who has passed on.
Not despicable to boo a person who passed on if they were a bad person. Like my dad used to say, if you were a bum in life, dying doesn’t change that or score you bonus points. Like, it’s ok to boo hitler even though he’s dead lol……That said, Krause was NOT a bad man and it was shameful behavior by the fan base….with his wife there no less. I felt bad for her

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Man with an ego so big that he killed the same child that he birthed. I wouldn't have booed him, but I'm not shocked so many fans did.

This isn't New York? Chicago is a friendly city and you expect better? Since when? The city I was born in was friendly AF all things considered.
Now if your car breaks down on the side of the road, you would have to be in the right place to get a stranger to help you. Instead the city is a place where they will honk at you for having a flat tire or you better be able to call someone quick if you're all alone. The majority of the time, those being nice are those trying to make a buck off you. The friendliness of Chicago is down to the single digits percent-wise from it's heyday way up in the 70%s(yes, I'm using a made up statistic).
People need to stop being cowards to cover up for it out of fear that criticizing Chicago will outcast them. Chicago is capable of so much more, but we need to stop lying to ourselves.
Chicago reacted the way Chicago reacts. Truthfully. There is no shock value here. It's a talking point reaction by the elite being so disconnected from reality being shocked we don't worship them as a whole class. I don't hate anyone here that supported booing or were against it. This is just a wake-up call that if you, the GM of an organization, puts together something bigger and better than you, that you need to get out of the way after a certain point. And the fans will notice everything you did to jeopardize things.

TL;DR
Jerry Krause's greed blinded him and this method of management in front office sports has had a negative impact on organized sports as a whole. He's not the first, not the worst, but he's bad enough to deserve the boos.

/tl;dr
It's also why the Bulls divided the functions of presidency after Jerry Krause. They quietly created the best fan experience in the NBA for all United Center activities for fans and families. The Magic, Clippers, Raptors, and Mavs are the only franchises that can randomly claim the same, but not as consistently as the Bulls. The owners use Bulls assets to do business behind closed doors.
*Reinsdorf is not the majority owner, nor has he ever been. He is just the man (elected by a board) to bare that face publicly because the firm majority need his ability to speak legalese in public. The NBA is perceived to be run by LAWYERS if you haven't noticed, but not necessarily owned by them. JR is a puppet, punching bag. You can launch full attacks at him all day, it doesn't matter, he's a pawn that was clad in 24k gold and moved first on the board to get your attention.
To the owners, it doesn't matter if the Bulls win championships, they liked Krauses pitch on how to create the same result while costing significantly less business-wise, thus the owners enabled him to do such. Fast forward to now, for them to create a tribute to him in any way without addressing that they made a HUGE mistake selling out a ONCE-IN-A-CENTURY opportunity, deserves to be booed, and frankly, I still feed bad about his wife, but anyone thinks they were booing his wife are missing a few too many braincells.

ALL SPORTS OWNERS better wake up to the fact that while the franchise they own is an investment, you better not destroy or disrespect the thing your fans have waited their entire lives to witness. You can damage control up front all you want, but that doesn't mean next week if you honored Jerry Krause all the same, that you shame your audience into suddenly praising him. Truth is, if you tried again soon, the fans might boo louder. If Krause didn't shit on Scotty and Phil, and if Krause did shit on them, but he fixed his mistakes, basically any scenario where Krause himself didn't jeopardize things, then he might be alive today and the fans would cheer him on.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't usually come to this board either.

CCS never fails to disappoint

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Not despicable to boo a person who passed on if they were a bad person. Like my dad used to say, if you were a bum in life, dying doesn’t change that or score you bonus points. Like, it’s ok to boo hitler even though he’s dead lol……That said, Krause was NOT a bad man and it was shameful behavior by the fan base….with his wife there no less. I felt bad for her
I agree with your dad's thinking....what I don't understand is why people say Krause was a bad person? Because MJ said it? Who's a bigger a-hole than MJ? Maybe the GOAT at more than one thing. Playing Basketball and being an arrogant condescending a-hole. I hear people say Krause was a bad person, but nobody ever gives an example of what it means. What made him a bad person? That's all I want to know. MJ wanted to go play baseball, because his dad wanted him to have been a baseball player. Who da eff would believe that? He was thrown out of the league for his ties to 'business" people. Let's not forget that. Your dad's thinking is sound, but I don't see how it applies to Krause. It applies much more to MJ.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You are a classless piece of shit, full stop.

We all get Reinsdorf is a shit owner. Yes, we know egos got involved and Krause let the power get to his head. We know things ended messy, and we know for a LONG time, no good free agents would come to Chicago because Jordan and Pippen poisoned the waters.

But like it or not, Krause was as much a part of building 2 dynasties (or one mega dynasty depending how you look at it) as anyone else, and for any argument that anyone could have done it, Jordan didn't win titles in the 80s - it took a GM to put the right pieces around him.

His widow didn't deserve to hear that at the UC and he deserves his due for what was one of the few times it felt great to be a Chicago sports fans, despite his flaws.

Do better, you sacks of shit.
Krause didn't win titles in the 80s either. He also didn't win them after he jettisoned one of the greatest dynasties in sports. I think it was pretty classless, but I also know why it happened. Krause was an asshat. The reputation the bulls got because of him was well deserved.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This was probably the worst moment in the history of the city amongst Chicago sports fans.

Absolutely inexcusable and embarrassing on so many levels.

Absolutely disgusting from "fans"

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Krause didn't win titles in the 80s either. He also didn't win them after he jettisoned one of the greatest dynasties in sports. I think it was pretty classless, but I also know why it happened. Krause was an asshat. The reputation the bulls got because of him was well deserved.
So the Bulls are probably the only NBA dynasty that didn't die a natural death (aka players get old and they lose in the playoffs and pieces slowly get traded/leave). They went out on top. They won their 6th championship, then the GM jettisons the head coach, and the best player ever retires. The GM can then do what he wants to do and live up his ultimate ego of building a championship team from scratch without inheriting the best player ever.

But what Krause's ego did was pick the worst timing ever to go and try and do it. Of course this is all hindsight because you don't truly know what you're getting, but the 1999-2002 drafts are some of the worst drafts in a row in NBA history in terms of what they produced. Of course Krause also thought 2000 free agency would save him if the draft didn't.

The Bulls had the #1 pick in 1999, and took Elton Brand. He was a solid 20/10 guy for awhile, made an All-Star team (as a member of the Clippers), but that was basically his career. He wasn't leading any team anywhere. The Clippers topped out as a second round team with him. The other best players of this draft are Shawn Marion, Manu Ginobili, Andrei Kirlenko, Jason Terry, Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Lamar Odom, and another player the Bulls took in Ron Artest (now known as Metta World Peace). Ron Artest was a very good pick at 16, but of course had all the mental problems. This draft produced no superstars.

The 2000 draft is one of the worst drafts ever and the Bulls took Marcus Fizer who fizzled out of the NBA after his rookie contract. The Bulls also acquired Jamal Crawford in this draft as they had another pick as a result of trading away Toni Kukoc. Crawford had a long solid career, but never made an All-Star team. The best player in this draft is Michael Redd, who was drafted 43rd overall. A few other solid players taken in this draft are Mike Miller, Hedo Turkoglu, and Kenyon Martin, but they were primarily role players in their careers.

The 2001 draft did produce one 2nd tier star who the Bulls had an opportunity to take, but didn't. That was Pau Gasol at #3. The Bulls instead traded their 1999 #1 pick (Elton Brand) for the #2 pick in Tyson Chandler... who would later become an All-Star and Defensive Player of the Year a decade later, but not with the Bulls. The Bulls actual pick in this draft, #4, was used to take Eddy Curry, who was out of shape, couldn't rebound due to his inability to jump, and just never lived up to his nickname when he was drafted (Baby Shaq). Other than Joe Johnson taken at #10, this draft is mostly known for its later picks in which Tony Parker (#28) and Gilbert Areanas (#31) were multi-year All-Stars.

In 2002, Krause's last draft, the prize of this draft was Yao Ming. The consolation prize was considered Jay Williams. The Bulls won the #2 pick in the lottery and thus took Williams. He had an okay rookie season, but then rode a motorcycle and ended his career after crashing it. Yao Ming was forever injured in his career and the best player out of this draft was again a 2nd round pick at #35 named Carlos Boozer (who would later play 4 years for the Bulls). Amare Stoudemire was a close second, and probably had better overall seasons than Boozer ever did. Outside of that this draft is also fairly garbage in terms of star power.

Krause resigned after the end of the 2003 season. His team had improved enough to win 30 games and basically shot itself out of lottery contention in an absolutely loaded draft. They finished as the 7th worst team and ended up with the 7th pick, with the Top 5 picks being highly coveted.

The Bulls basically tanked for three seasons, won the lottery balls once, and got fucked over in the other two by getting the lowest possible pick (#4), but it didn't matter because these drafts all sucked anyways. Add in that utterly failure of the 2000 free agent summer, and you get this utter flop by Krause's ego. At least he had the decency to resign because Jerry Reinsdorf was never going to fire him.

Things may have gone much differently had Krause gotten his way and traded Pippen years earlier. But, there's also the matter of does Michael Jordan come back if Pippen is traded in 94, or after the 97 season.