i still believe

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All true but Joe did not draft him. All the scouts and talking heads had him as the first qb off the board. It was not just pace and it was not just me. Also I'm no quitter

All of them did? I seem to remember half the talking heads saying Watson and half Trubisky. I have no access to scouting opinions so I have no idea what the scouts on the other 31 teams thought. But the media was very much split.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I still believe Trubisky will be a top 10 qb by years end. I believe he will be our qb for 15 more years. I always thought it would take more time to get Mitch up to speed compared to other qbs we could have drafted. I may be alone on my island but I want it made clear that I still 100 pct believe in Trubisky.
You are not

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I'm not writing him off after 1 game, but he lost a lot of my confidence after that performance.

Problem is, the issues he's showing seem like the same issues since the day he started the Ravens game under Fox. That concerns me a lot.

Will see what happens over next few weeks. That L isn't all on him by any means, but he has a lot to prove going forward to make believers of the Bears masses.
He started against the Vikings, just saying....

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
All of them did? I seem to remember half the talking heads saying Watson and half Trubisky. I have no access to scouting opinions so I have no idea what the scouts on the other 31 teams thought. But the media was very much split.

In the Niners draft room video that was publicized, when the niners front office were discussing who they thought the Bears were trading up for only Solomon Thomas and Trubisky’s names came up. I thought that was telling.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I wanted Watson, i thought Pace would take him at 3, fuck....

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
All the ones I seen and all of the bears scouting staff.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I still believe Trubisky will be a top 10 qb by years end. I believe he will be our qb for 15 more years. I always thought it would take more time to get Mitch up to speed compared to other qbs we could have drafted. I may be alone on my island but I want it made clear that I still 100 pct believe in Trubisky.
I am trying to stay positive because there were a lot of positive things he did last year. He needs to improve on some basic things like not throwing the ball out of bounds every damn time he throws it deep down the sideline and not missing wide open receivers. If he fixes those issues he's a really good qb. Problem is, he hasn't made any progress in these areas at all.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I am trying to stay positive because there were a lot of positive things he did last year. He needs to improve on some basic things like not throwing the ball out of bounds every damn time he throws it deep down the sideline and not missing wide open receivers. If he fixes those issues he's a really good qb. Problem is, he hasn't made any progress in these areas at all.
In all fairness we don't know yet if he improved in any area's. That first game was really bad by Nagy and the oline and WRs and no TE and no run support. We'll know more after some games are played. Me I believe he will be lighting things up before this season ends.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some people here still believe in Jay Cutler don't feel ashamed at the impossible.

Only thing that can save him is Nagys playcalling but it takes Trub a long time to understand it.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Some people here still believe in Jay Cutler don't feel ashamed at the impossible.

Only thing that can save him is Nagys playcalling but it takes Trub a long time to understand it.
Nagy's playcalling is whats killing him. But I bet you are right that he does not understand it. I sure don't.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy's playcalling is whats killing him. But I bet you are right that he does not understand it. I sure don't.

He is trying his best to dumb it down and make it safe for Trubisky but trust me it's not an easy task.