i still believe

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Exactly how I feel. Even the Joe Flacco's are going to have high ratings every now and then.

Thing is Flacco had that great run that lead to a legit Super Bowl win.

If I knew Mitch COULD string together 3-4 playoff games in a row where he throws 11 TDs and 0 INT for a record playoff QB run like Flacco actually did DO, I'd pay him the going rate for elite QB hands down even if the tradeoff was mediocre play the rest of his career.

Reactions: DC

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I predicted before the season that Trubisky would look good-not-great, with some roller coaster games thrown in. I don’t think he’s ever going to be great. I don’t think he deserves $30 mil a year. But I figured Nagy and his weapons wouldn’t allow him to regress.

I’m sticking with that, but boy, opening night wasn’t good.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have an elite defense, running game, play calling, and Mitchs ability to scramble.

Nick Foles won a superbowl doesn't mean he's a hof QB.
None of these Offensive traits were present Thursday night.

Mitch played bad. We all agree....

But the whole offense sucked. Play calling really sucked when you factor in the pass/run ratio. The Offensive line was seriously horrible. This was not just a failure on Trubisky.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm not giving up yet either, because we have seen teams win with a QB, that was not top of the League. Hell, my second favorite team has won two Superbowl with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco. While Joe has a good arm, he is not an elite QB, and Dilfer was worse than Trubisky.

HOWEVER, I have changed my expectation for Mitch... I am moving from he can be a top ten, maybe better, to he will be average his entire career. If he was going to be better than average there would be more evidence that he is taking the next step.

I really want him to succeed, but there is just not enough instinct and anticipation for me to believe. He has the arm, the system, the coaches and the talent around him to be very dangerous, but it just is not there.

I really hope he is a late bloomer, and something just clicks this season but Im not holding my breath.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’ll probably get driven out of town and end up reaching his potential with another franchise.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Some people here still believe in Jay Cutler don't feel ashamed at the impossible.

Only thing that can save him is Nagys playcalling but it takes Trub a long time to understand it.

You think Watsons style of play can win superbowls... laughable stuff.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have an elite defense, running game, play calling, and Mitchs ability to scramble.

I'm not even going to harp on the possibility that you're trying to say that we have an elite running game and elite play calling. Thursday we had no running game and bad play calling. Those 2 things right now are a liability, not an asset.

That has to change.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Watched the Packers game twice, our D had no turnovers, O line looked confused, Nagy did not adjust well, give the Packers credit for good Defense, half the Teams have a L. Lions tied the worst team in the league.

KC vs Bears. In Miami?

:smug2:

Vic Fangio, talking about Khalil Mack with reporters in Denver: "After just a few days, it was just like, holy shit.”

Last edited:

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I still believe Trubisky will be a top 10 qb by years end. I believe he will be our qb for 15 more years. I always thought it would take more time to get Mitch up to speed compared to other qbs we could have drafted. I may be alone on my island but I want it made clear that I still 100 pct believe in Trubisky.

The only people who still believe in Trubs to this extent is the occasional koolaid drinking Bear fan. The rest of the world does not view him with rose colored glasses so they are able to be fair and objective with what they see, and they all rank him towards the bottom of the league.... some even view him as a year away from being officially called a bust.

The biggest things (besides his lack of accuracy and being turnover prone) that will always hold Trubs back? His inability to think quickly which effects his vision... he does not see the entire field. The greatest asset of any QB is the mind.... and Trubs is simply not a bright guy. Not dumb but not bright either. It’s time we faced that fact.

Guy like Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Watson, Rogers.... process information quickly and efficiently. Because they process quickly they don’t stare down receivers and can scan the entire field for open receivers. Trubs has problems with that. And that deer in headlights look we see so often with Trubs? Its Trubs having a brain freeze.... not processing quickly.

I am pulling for the guy but I took the rose colored glasses off long ago and now see him for what he truly is.... an average QB. Someone with the skills of a QB typically taken in the later rounds of the draft or even someone invited to camp as a Free Agent.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I’m running on more hope than belief.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The only people who still believe in Trubs to this extent is the occasional koolaid drinking Bear fan. The rest of the world does not view him with rose colored glasses so they are able to be fair and objective with what they see, and they all rank him towards the bottom of the league.... some even view him as a year away from being officially called a bust.

The biggest things (besides his lack of accuracy and being turnover prone) that will always hold Trubs back? His inability to think quickly which effects his vision... he does not see the entire field. The greatest asset of any QB is the mind.... and Trubs is simply not a bright guy. Not dumb but not bright either. It’s time we faced that fact.

Guy like Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Watson, Rogers.... process information quickly and efficiently. Because they process quickly they don’t stare down receivers and can scan the entire field for open receivers. Trubs has problems with that. And that deer in headlights look we see so often with Trubs? Its Trubs having a brain freeze.... not processing quickly.

I am pulling for the guy but I took the rose colored glasses off long ago and now see him for what he truly is.... an average QB. Someone with the skills of a QB typically taken in the later rounds of the draft or even someone invited to camp as a Free Agent.
It's fine. See what you see. I see it differently. I think he just needs more time as he has not played as much as the other guys you mentioned, the game has not slowed down for him yet but I believe it will.