I think the Bears are going to move quick and hire Josh McDaniels

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Just want to be perfectly clear: I am certainly not endorsing the Bears hiring Josh McDaniels. I just saw some things and figured I would throw this out there.

I hope I am completely wrong.

My personal preference would be Nagy, especially if Pettine comes back to be the defensive coordinator. I would be good with coach Flip too.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I find it ironic that McD was replaced in Denver by Fox and now Fox maybe replaced with McD.

How the world changes...

Reactions: Myk

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Shady shit goes down all the time.
Maybe it's paranoia but I'm thinking Chucky is a Raider HC already. Just waiting for the Rooney rule, and red tape before announcements get made.

So wouldn't be surprised if it happens like that in other back rooms.

It seems a forgone conclusion Gruden is the Raiders coach. Listening to a national show earlier, not sure who said it, they mentioned that's it's actually really smart that Gruden hasn't signed yet. Since he isn't currently employed by the NFL he can talk to anyone in the league right now and start setting up his staff unofficially. As soon as he signs he will have to follow league rules and talking to other teams assistants would be tampering. So there's probably a lot of shady back room stuff going on there.

If the bears have a guy identified early they need to get it done quickly. The sooner they get their head coach the sooner they can start putting together a staff. The coordinators and assistants the head coach can get will be just as important to their success as who they pick as head coach.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Did they? When re-united with Shurmur, Bradford again flourished. Yes, he has huge injury issues, but I'm not placing that on Shurmur. Shurmur also worked miracles with Case Keenum. What QB's has Shurmur not garnered the most out of? What rookie, or near rookie, has McDaniels "developed"? JG? How much of that can be attributed to Tom Brady?

I'm not saying that I don't think Shurmur is a good candidate, because I do think he is a great candidate for the position. That being said... Shurmur coached bradford to the 26th ranked offense in the NFL in his rookie year and we are considering that to be 'flourishing' ???

Looking at the Vikings this year as a mold and their success dalvin cook went down and people are definitely not giving enough credit to latavius murray and mckinnon. People also overlook how good diggs and thielen have been because they aren't high picks. Regardless, the minny offense ranks 11th in the NFL in total yards and 10th in points scored. Really not world beater numbers, though still good. KC on the other hand is ranked 5th in yards and 6th in points per game.

This Vikings team is riding out their world beater defense this year and putting up slightly above league average offensive numbers. I'd be curious to see how much people would be talking about this vikings offense if their defense wasn't holding people to 16 points per game.

Again, I do think that shurmur is an excellent candidate for HC position of the Bears, but i don't think he is a runaway favorite. Using his production of rookie QB bradford and the 26th ranked offense that year is a terrible example of why he should be HC.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just want to be perfectly clear: I am certainly not endorsing the Bears hiring Josh McDaniels. I just saw some things and figured I would throw this out there.

I hope I am completely wrong.

My personal preference would be Nagy, especially if Pettine comes back to be the defensive coordinator. I would be good with coach Flip too.

You sure did see some things, I am happy that you threw this out there!

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...=1#post2936809

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It seems a forgone conclusion Gruden is the Raiders coach. Listening to a national show earlier, not sure who said it, they mentioned that's it's actually really smart that Gruden hasn't signed yet. Since he isn't currently employed by the NFL he can talk to anyone in the league right now and start setting up his staff unofficially. As soon as he signs he will have to follow league rules and talking to other teams assistants would be tampering. So there's probably a lot of shady back room stuff going on there.

If the bears have a guy identified early they need to get it done quickly. The sooner they get their head coach the sooner they can start putting together a staff. The coordinators and assistants the head coach can get will be just as important to their success as who they pick as head coach.

So, it's smart if the Raiders have their guy, don't announce it, so he can work behind the scenes without violating league rules, but you want the Bears to do the opposite and hire their guy right away and operate under league rules? Wouldn't it be best to operate like the Raiders without the tampering accusations?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that I don't think Shurmur is a good candidate, because I do think he is a great candidate for the position. That being said... Shurmur coached bradford to the 26th ranked offense in the NFL in his rookie year and we are considering that to be 'flourishing' ???

Looking at the Vikings this year as a mold and their success dalvin cook went down and people are definitely not giving enough credit to latavius murray and mckinnon. People also overlook how good diggs and thielen have been because they aren't high picks. Regardless, the minny offense ranks 11th in the NFL in total yards and 10th in points scored. Really not world beater numbers, though still good. KC on the other hand is ranked 5th in yards and 6th in points per game.

This Vikings team is riding out their world beater defense this year and putting up slightly above league average offensive numbers. I'd be curious to see how much people would be talking about this vikings offense if their defense wasn't holding people to 16 points per game.

Again, I do think that shurmur is an excellent candidate for HC position of the Bears, but i don't think he is a runaway favorite. Using his production of rookie QB bradford and the 26th ranked offense that year is a terrible example of why he should be HC.

is first season in the NFL, Bradford set the record for most completions by a rookie in NFL history, which helped earn him the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award. yes, I do consider that flourishing for a rookie.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sam Bradford is a case study on why you give a rookie quarterback an offensive line worth a shit. He took a pounding. 105 sacks in 3 seasons and 120 sacks in 4.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
What about McDaniels screams "Bears hire"? No way ownership signs off on this lunatic. Thankfully.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What about McDaniels screams "Bears hire"? No way ownership signs off on this lunatic. Thankfully.

This sounds exactly similar to something your former account here would likely have said!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
is first season in the NFL, Bradford set the record for most completions by a rookie in NFL history, which helped earn him the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award. yes, I do consider that flourishing for a rookie.

Yeah that's great and all but that amounted to the 26th ranked offense in the NFL and a losing record so you can dink and dunk all you want but color me uninspired.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Sam Bradford is a case study on why you give a rookie quarterback an offensive line worth a shit. He took a pounding. 105 sacks in 3 seasons and 120 sacks in 4.

I think David Carr is the ultimate case study for that lol.

He took 76 sacks in ONE season (2002). And 68 sacks in 2005.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think David Carr is the ultimate case study for that lol.

He took 76 sacks in ONE season (2002). And 68 sacks in 2005.

Don't disagree. Just was making the comment about the quarterback being discussed.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that's great and all but that amounted to the 26th ranked offense in the NFL and a losing record so you can dink and dunk all you want but color me uninspired.

still better than the McDaniels led offense in 2011

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is something urgent about the head coaching search.

Really what made me think so was when the Bears requested to interview George Edwards.

They already had Wilks coming in next week if they wanted to satisfy the Rooney Rule. However, what if they did not want to wait until next week? If they had their group of guys, why not wait until you meet with Wilks to satisfy the Rooney Rule?

To me, the fact that they want to interview George Edwards this week means they want a decision made quickly.

What this also says to me is that they know who they want already.

It would be someone who they are interviewing this week. Which means it would be either Shurmur, McDaniels, or DeFillipo.

There is another interesting component to this as well. Ben McDaniels is already an offensive assistant on the Chicago Bears staff. He is someone who has been a quarterbacks coach before. And he is someone Pace can use as a direct line to McDaniels without needing to worry about tampering charges.

The other interesting nugget that is just pure speculation on my part but I am considering none the less is whether or not they are using this week to interview people as head coaches with the thought in mind that they would actually be coordinators under Josh McDaniels.

George Edwards and coach Flip both have contracts that expire as soon as their teams lose.

It is entirely possible that coach Flip is the Adam gase of a few years ago when we all thought he was a head coach candidate but people felt he was too young still to hire.

At the very least, with McDaniels antics, if he still has a bit of asshole to him, coach Flip would be able to be a good cop to McDaniels bad cop. Plus with two creative Geniuses in the building, they could perhaps develop something really special in terms of an offensive scheme.

Even more important is the fact that Josh would it be inheriting a very young team. This would be different from Denver where you had veterans set in their ways and pissed off at a coach shaking up the routines. A younger team would be more open to how McDaniels wants to do things.

Let me say that McDaniels is not my primary choice. However, if I am reading things right and of course I certainly could be wrong, I think McDaniels is the guy and we will see how the coordinator positions piece out from there.

It may be that they never even get to Nagy. They may do their due diligence if he is available on Monday ( not 100% sure on the league rules but I think he can interview after their game on Sunday), but especially if they have George Edwards already interviewed, and if Nagy cannot interview until later in the week, I would not be surprised if the Bears announced it this coming Monday. If Nagy can interview on Monday, I would expect an announcement on Tuesday.

Even if I am wrong on McDaniels, I suspect that the timeline would be the same. And if not McDaniels, it would be either Shurmur or Flip.

Just my feel right now. I could be completely wrong.

But I think George and Ted are going along because everyone knows among those three who they want and they want as much of a deal structurally in place as possible in order to move lightning quick.

Did you post this exact thought on Reddit as well? If you didn't, someone liked it enough to plagiarize.

HBUd6cB.png