I think the Bears are going to move quick and hire Josh McDaniels

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
1. I honestly can't hold anything that happens in Cleveland against him. Everything connected to that franchise is just pitiful and the talent he had was horrible on offense.

You might want to sit down for this but I have some bad news....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No i mean like do we gotta wait til they get knocked out of the playoffs to sign anything with McDaniels? Or can he be like "yeah once we lose/win the Superbowl I'm your guy"

Oh like a formal announcement?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Shady shit goes down all the time.
Maybe it's paranoia but I'm thinking Chucky is a Raider HC already. Just waiting for the Rooney rule, and red tape before announcements get made.

So wouldn't be surprised if it happens like that in other back rooms.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Its not like you're poaching a coach. They can't do shit about head coaching hires. As long as you've observed the Rooney rule of course.

apparently the penalty for ignoring the rooney rule is just(when youre talking nfl franchises) a 200k fine.

as for a guy taking a job before his team is out of the playoffs... i think they can, and do, they just dont usually announce it because it would be a distraction.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Seems to me that every one knew that Dan Quinn was going to the Falcons but it was never formalized until after the Super Bowl. They even hired Shannahan before they officially hired Quinn.
Of course, that could backfire, I seem to recall that McDaniels was linked strongly to a job and backed out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I love how the implication here is the only reason to interview Edwards or Wilks is to fulfil the Rooney rule. Talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations.
While I agree in part, I also think a strong argument could be made that neither of these candidates are widely considered by the media to be the top candidates. Thus, their involvement does read a bit like compliance.wifh the Rooney rule.

Having said that, I think the stronger argument is that every team has asked for an interview with wilks, and the Panthers made him the assistant head coach. This, he's probably not a Rooney rule interview and is a top candidate.

I think both lines of thought can be reached without resorting to any bigotry.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Bradford/Foles

Bradford did well under Shurmur his rookie year, then declined sharply under McDaniels.

do you think him playing on a high ankle sprain most of the year might have something to do with that?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Poll of NYG fans:
Which of the six current candidates for Giants head coach would you prefer?

3%
Eric Studesville
(207 votes)

17%
Matt Patricia
(1039 votes)

12%
Steve Wilks
(738 votes)

50%
Josh McDaniels
(3082 votes)

7%
Steve Spagnuolo
(412 votes)

11%
Pat Shurmur
(679 votes)

6157 votes total

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While I agree in part, I also think a strong argument could be made that neither of these candidates are widely considered by the media to be the top candidates. Thus, their involvement does read a bit like compliance.wifh the Rooney rule.

Having said that, I think the stronger argument is that every team has asked for an interview with wilks, and the Panthers made him the assistant head coach. This, he's probably not a Rooney rule interview and is a top candidate.

I think both lines of thought can be reached without resorting to any bigotry.

That was more of a joke and not meant to be an indictment. More like consider how it comes off rather than actually thinking someone is being a bigot.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nope, Tim Tebow says hi........

so a high ankle sprain has no affect on a QBs ability to move or correctly plant his foot??

You have to understand how football Special person you sound when you say stupid shit like that.

Lets see what should I do.. Believe all the professional experts.. The Best NFL HC in the league who believe that McDanials is a great OC or believe you that said he isnt because your pointing to Bradford who played injured for 1 year.. hmmmmm what to do..

Yep football Special person is the only thing that comes to mind here..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Since the Pats are in the playoffs, can we "unofficially" have an agreement with McDaniels if both sides agree on a deal?

I asked this earlier and Jack Lame said that if we sign him the contract doesn't take place until after the superbowl.. I guess thats what happened with Kyle Shanahan

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bradford/Foles

Bradford did well under Shurmur his rookie year, then declined sharply under McDaniels.

Both of those players very quickly returned to replacement level QBs and backups.

The Rams year for McDaniels was the lock out year and they didn’t even really get a training camp.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so a high ankle sprain has no affect on a QBs ability to move or correctly plant his foot??

You have to understand how football Special person you sound when you say stupid shit like that.

Lets see what should I do.. Believe all the professional experts.. The Best NFL HC in the league who believe that McDanials is a great OC or believe you that said he isnt because your pointing to Bradford who played injured for 1 year.. hmmmmm what to do..

Yep football Special person is the only thing that comes to mind here..

Football Special person is a good description of McDaniel, yes.

Got caught cheating
Destroyed a good Denver team
Alienated his players
was instrumental in the drafting of Tebow

But hey, he got to work with Tom Brady under the Belicheck umbrella, and all is fixed now. Glass houses........

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both of those players very quickly returned to replacement level QBs and backups.

The Rams year for McDaniels was the lock out year and they didn’t even really get a training camp.

Did they? When re-united with Shurmur, Bradford again flourished. Yes, he has huge injury issues, but I'm not placing that on Shurmur. Shurmur also worked miracles with Case Keenum. What QB's has Shurmur not garnered the most out of? What rookie, or near rookie, has McDaniels "developed"? JG? How much of that can be attributed to Tom Brady?

baredown

Liked Posts:
Blame the Rooney rule itself for making people cynical of minority interviews. Law of Unintended Consequences.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Umhhh, the Rooney Rule was put in for a reason. The NFL had a pitiful record on hiring of minority HCs back then. In the 15 years since it was adopted, the NFL has made solid strides in minority hiring at the HC level, and the OC/DC levels as well. How much of that progress can be attributed to the Rooney Rule isn't clear, but it would be pretty absurd to assert none of it is. Most of corporate America has diversity directives in their hiring evaluation processes. The Rooney Rule is no different than those.

As for making "people" cynical on minority interviews, I think you mean "some people", not "people". Those people almost certainly thought that way before the Rooney Rule was implemented, so it's hardly surprising they still think that way now. Blaming the Rooney Rule is just another dimension for them to vent in...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did they? When re-united with Shurmur, Bradford again flourished. Yes, he has huge injury issues, but I'm not placing that on Shurmur. Shurmur also worked miracles with Case Keenum. What QB's has Shurmur not garnered the most out of? What rookie, or near rookie, has McDaniels "developed"? JG? How much of that can be attributed to Tom Brady?
and JG has the same qualities and weaknesses as when he was drafted. His mechanical weaknesses and long ball haven't been corrected. You don't need a gun to throw a good long ball.

There's little to have us assume it will be better for McD this time around. Doesn't mean it won't be but I fail to see much evidence of it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Umhhh, the Rooney Rule was put in for a reason. The NFL had a pitiful record on hiring of minority HCs back then. In the 15 years since it was adopted, the NFL has made solid strides in minority hiring at the HC level, and the OC/DC levels as well. How much of that progress can be attributed to the Rooney Rule isn't clear, but it would be pretty absurd to assert none of it is. Most of corporate America has diversity directives in their hiring evaluation processes. The Rooney Rule is no different than those.

As for making "people" cynical on minority interviews, I think you mean "some people", not "people". Those people almost certainly thought that way before the Rooney Rule was implemented, so it's hardly surprising they still think that way now. Blaming the Rooney Rule is just another dimension for them to vent in...
You are a bit too defensive.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk