dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They would play here it's the way Pace is negotiating. He acts like he doesn't need anyone to sign here when in fact we desperately do.

You're going off of what you've been hearing from media people on how he's negotiating and last i remember is that people on here don't trust what the media people write/tweet, or maybe that's only the things they don't wanna trust.

oober

Liked Posts:
This is how you win the Darnold sweepstakes. It's a lot of work to be that bad.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You're going off of what you've been hearing from media people on how he's negotiating and last i remember is that people on here don't trust what the media people write/tweet, or maybe that's only the things they don't wanna trust.

Yeah I'm not one of those people who don't trust the media. True I am not in the room with Pace to know for sure. I do have reports to back up my conclusions though, do you? So who is believing what they want to believe?

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
Are people on this board really stupid enough to believe that the Bears can spend their way into contention, no matter how much cap space is available?

Apparently so.

its worked so well with the Redskins right? and Jaguars last year according to many "won free agency" ... how did that work out for them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Love the over reactions on this board. Pace didn't spend a shit ton of money on an oft-disinterested WR! Pace didn't over pay for a 1 year wonder CB in Bouye! This team is going nowhere with Fox. Goal #1 should be to ensure another shitty year to get rid of this bum that he has been handcuffed to. "Winning" FA doesn't usually equate to wins, much less a Superbowl.

Liked Posts:
Love the over reactions on this board. Pace didn't spend a shit ton of money on an oft-disinterested WR! Pace didn't over pay for a 1 year wonder CB in Bouye! This team is going nowhere with Fox. Goal #1 should be to ensure another shitty year to get rid of this bum that he has been handcuffed to. "Winning" FA doesn't usually equate to wins, much less a Superbowl.

Why are they "handcuffed" with Fox?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
A few people loved Pace as soon as he was hired, only because there were rumors that he would release Cutler immediately. They haven't liked him since but I'm sure they'll like him now for that reason only. They probably don't care about the Bears lack of activity in free agency, either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah I'm not one of those people who don't trust the media. True I am not in the room with Pace to know for sure. I do have reports to back up my conclusions though, do you? So who is believing what they want to believe?

Well first of all i never said if i was believing any of the rumors but i do know most are just bullshit especially around this time and second of all...............did you say you have reports?? hahaha

Hammer

Liked Posts:

I'm not worried about what Pace didn't spend money on...
- Gilmore has his half a$$ed moments and definitely isn't worth $14M per, Bouye may end up being one year wonder, Jeffery has his injury/steroids issues

I'm more worried about what pile of crap he actually spent money on...
- it's crazy to give 28 year old career backup QB $15M per, or go after 32 year old safety in midst of rebuilding process

IMO, those are baffling moves from Bears GM.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
It's tough to argue that we haven't gotten worse in player talent since Pace has been here!

Qb- worse
Rb- better but they took a long time to realize what they had
Wr-worse
TE-worse
Oline- same

Hammer

Liked Posts:
This is how you win the Darnold sweepstakes. It's a lot of work to be that bad.

Hey, its not easy to tank and get perennial QB talent, Colts basically had to retire Peyton for a year to get Luck, Bucs had Glennon at helm to get Winston, we're obviously following the Bucs route...

:smug2:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks at calendar. It reads May 9, 2017

Looks at first game of new season. It reads September, 2017.

Leaves thread.

You plan on watching that shit show? For the first time in my Bears fandom I have zero interest to turn on the game this season. I have already turned down free tickets from my dad and my neighbor. You couldn't pay me to subject myself to this level of disappointment and failure.

As an aside, many of you guys wanted Cutler gone and you finally got your wish. Now you're going to have to swallow that pill when you realize just how much worse we could have done. Glennon, at 15 mil a year. HAHAHA

beantacos

Liked Posts:
It's amazing how fast some people want to self-identify as fans who won't be able to share in a Pace led success.

It's fa, there simply weren't that many good players available, the only criticism I have is apparently Glennon counts have been signed for ~3 million less but it's not my money and it's not a cap hit that's going to be prohibitive to signing the right players. I'm happy he didn't over-pay for a cb, I'm happy he got a ball hawk SS at a good value. Disappointed he wasn't able to get a lineman but we'll see what the draft brings.

beantacos

Liked Posts:
You plan on watching that shit show? For the first time in my Bears fandom I have zero interest to turn on the game this season. I have already turned down free tickets from my dad and my neighbor. You couldn't pay me to subject myself to this level of disappointment and failure.

As an aside, many of you guys wanted Cutler gone and you finally got your wish. Now you're going to have to swallow that pill when you realize just how much worse we could have done. Glennon, at 15 mil a year. HAHAHA

Thank you for your interest in the Chicago Bears

Rise

Liked Posts:
Well first of all i never said if i was believing any of the rumors but i do know most are just bullshit especially around this time and second of all...............did you say you have reports?? hahaha

As in media reports that I have read. You're choosing to believe they are bullshit because you so badly want them to be untrue. Trust me, I understand, I don't want them to be true either. I want to see the Bears win as much as you do. Finally, I never said you were believing the rumors, I said you were choosing not to believe them because they don't fit the narrative of what you want to be true.