I Want Silence From The Pace Apologists

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's tough to argue that we haven't gotten worse in player talent since Pace has been here!

Qb- worse
Rb- better but they took a long time to realize what they had
Wr-worse
TE-worse
Oline- same

QB - Situation is better than when he got here.
RB - Better, but not as great as some want to think
WR - Worse
TE - Slightly worse
OL - Better, but needs work

I truly thought the Bears would make a big, smart, splash in FA this offseason, with all he cap room they had. But they missed on all targets.

I fully expected Gilmore or Bouye OR a top safety; thought Jeffery may very well stay; thought we'd upgrade OL, and thought we might wind up with Jimmy G.

We instead head for the draft still abysmal in the secondary, and now needing to use top picks on offense.

I didn't think it was possible to feel disappointed on the day Cutler was released, but I do. (Not because of Cutler)

I am the opposite of Hammer - I am not terribly concerned where he DID spend money. I can't understand missing areas of need to save a few million. When September rolls around, are we supposed to root for the extra 3 million bucks in McCaskey's pockets?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's amazing how fast some people want to self-identify as fans who won't be able to share in a Pace led success.

Pffffffffffffffffft AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Success? Exactly what success has Pace brought this charter franchise? The last time I checked, the NFL measures success in wins and losses and Pace has only managed to bring about the worst teams I have witnessed in my lifetime. Not even the 90's Bears were this pitiful. Get the dick out of your throat son.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are people on this board really stupid enough to believe that the Bears can spend their way into contention, no matter how much cap space is available?

Apparently so.

Where did you get that? Getting into contention takes making the right moves year after year.

I don't think here anyone though that the Bears were going to threaten to take the division. But that does not mean that we can't expect management to turn the ship towards, and work towards that direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beantacos

Liked Posts:
Pffffffffffffffffft AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Success? Exactly what success has Pace brought this charter franchise? The last time I checked, the NFL measures success in wins and losses and Pace has only managed to bring about the worst teams I have witnessed in my lifetime. Not even the 90's Bears were this pitiful. Get the dick out of your throat son.

If you can't admit that Emery put the worst product you've ever seen on the field which was what perpetuated the need for a rebuild then there is no sense wasting bandwidth on you

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
every year we see certain teams "win" free agency but continue to suck
every year we hear about how great teams build through the draft

I'm disappointed that the Bears didn't seemingly get better on paper today - but i'll wait and see how the year plays out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You plan on watching that shit show? For the first time in my Bears fandom I have zero interest to turn on the game this season. I have already turned down free tickets from my dad and my neighbor. You couldn't pay me to subject myself to this level of disappointment and failure.

As an aside, many of you guys wanted Cutler gone and you finally got your wish. Now you're going to have to swallow that pill when you realize just how much worse we could have done. Glennon, at 15 mil a year. HAHAHA

No, I plan on seeing what the team looks like in September rather than cry on the first day of FA.

May 9 lol

My bad. I was reading all this cunting and got confused and thought FA was already 2 months old rather than it being the first day. I corrected it. Thanks for pointing out.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can't admit that Emery put the worst product you've ever seen on the field which was what perpetuated the need for a rebuild then there is no sense wasting bandwidth on you

What were the teams records? He hired a piss poor coach, but the roster definetly had more talent.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If we don't value the players that were available and know we won't be a true competitor next year, why overpay just to overpay. All the Cubs fans will tell you patience grasshopper...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
He absolutely sucks as a GM. There is no ground to stand on in support of him. He's a fucking stupid idiot.

How's this for some silence ....... :flipa:

Seriously, it's amusing to hear some of these rants. Some of you experts are feeling good about yourselves about Pace because he hasn't signed all the 'big name' FA's out there on day 1. LOL. So drafting a starting C and RB that both made the pro bowl their rookie seasons sucks?

Drafting a DE that looks like he's got some Von Miller in him in Floyd, who ended up with 7 sacks in 12 games sucks? Kwiatkowski looks like a solid LB moving forward. Who knows yet how the other guys will develop moving forward? There's always 1 or 2 2nd year players that surprise. I'd say that Pace did a pretty good job in the draft.

He also stole Sitton who could still help make our OL great again. A lot of the other FA's didn't pan out because of injuries. He's shown that he's learned from that moving forward. I'd rather he be more careful to not overspend on FA's that may or may not be worth the money.

Did anyone notice that the only good team that signed a 'big name' FA was the Patriots? And we don't even know if Gilmore took less money to go there. EVERYONE knows that you don't build teams in FA'cy.

And this whole Glennon thing ...... he will be the 23'rd highest QB in the NFL for a starter. His contract is basically a one year guarantee. WTF did everyone expect? Pace made sure he brought in a veteran QB and will still draft a QB as well! Did people think we would bring in Tom Brady? Jimmie G would have cost 2 1st's and the same money for less game time experience! Again, WTF did people expect?

Seriously guys, most of you are only good enough for a good laugh here. I still remember some of you here giving me a hard time when I said the Cubs were going to be good the last couple of years.
:cubspalm:

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

Seriously, it's amusing to hear some of these rants. Some of you experts are feeling good about yourselves about Pace because he hasn't signed all the 'big name' FA's out there on day 1. LOL. So drafting a starting C and RB that both made the pro bowl their rookie seasons sucks?

Drafting a DE that looks like he's got some Von Miller in him in Floyd, who ended up with 7 sacks in 12 games sucks? Kwiatkowski looks like a solid LB moving forward. Who knows yet how the other guys will develop moving forward? There's always 1 or 2 2nd year players that surprise. I'd say that Pace did a pretty good job in the draft.

He also stole Sitton who could still help make our OL great again. A lot of the other FA's didn't pan out because of injuries. He's shown that he's learned from that moving forward. I'd rather he be more careful to not overspend on FA's that may or may not be worth the money.

Did anyone notice that the only good team that signed a 'big name' FA was the Patriots? And we don't even know if Gilmore took less money to go there. EVERYONE knows that you don't build teams in FA'cy.

And this whole Glennon thing ...... he will be the 23'rd highest QB in the NFL for a starter. His contract is basically a one year guarantee. WTF did everyone expect? Pace made sure he brought in a veteran QB and will still draft a QB as well! Did people think we would bring in Tom Brady? Jimmie G would have cost 2 1st's and the same money for less game time experience! Again, WTF did people expect?

Seriously guys, most of you are only good enough for a good laugh here. I still remember some of you here giving me a hard time when I said the Cubs were going to be good the last couple of years.

It's pretty amusing how bent out of shape people can get here. It's a message board. None of our opinions mean anything.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
It's pretty amusing how bent out of shape people can get here. It's a message board. None of our opinions mean anything.

That being the case,why the long winded response you came up w/on your previous post! And when we only win 2 games this yr,you'll say maybe next yr!!!!!!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What were the teams records? He hired a piss poor coach, but the roster definetly had more talent.

The talent on the team last year was better than what Emery put on the field.

Unfortunately, we haven't improved that roster as I had hoped.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:

god dammit man stop bringing logic and reason to the forum ... there is no place for that

the bears didn't sign Alshon for 3 years and 80 million dollars, they didn't trade Jay Cutler for Aaron Rodgers, they weren't able to sign both the top Corners and obviously lure Bill Belichick to come coach us.

#firePace!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Take Gilmore... So the Pats jumped in with big money... They just won the SB. He stays in the same division and he's playing for the best coaching staff in football. Wow, Pace is an idiot for not getting him. WTF?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Emery put more talent on this team than anyone else ever did. The difference is he made the major mistake of hiring Trestman and that was his ultimate undoing. In reality you didn't even identify the real reason this team is in the shit hole they are currently in and that by far was Jerry Angelo. Bar none.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh i still have trust, its wavering but its still there. i like a lot of the moves he has made in the past and his draft choices (yes even Kevin White, while it sucks that he has been hurt Pace couldn't have seen that coming).

Trust is earned not given and so far Pace has not earned that trust. A playoff appearance will earn him trust and that has not happened yet.