If I'm Mitchs agent I tell him to not play

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
There is no upside to Mitch playing, the chance of him playing well in this shit show is very low and the chance of him getting hurt again is probably pretty high. If I'm his agent I tell him to sit out and right now his failures are starting to look more like its on Pace and Nagy. There is always going to be a team looking for a QB and might think they can use him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no upside to Mitch playing, the chance of him playing well in this shit show is very low and the chance of him getting hurt again is probably pretty high. If I'm his agent I tell him to sit out and right now his failures are starting to look more like its on Pace and Nagy. There is always going to be a team looking for a QB and might think they can use him.
I don't agree with this. Someone is going to give Mitch another shot somewhere else. If you quit on the team you're contracted to or are a phallus by causing locker room dissension, that's going to look bad.

Reactions: Tee

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yea, but no.

I heavily doubt mitch getting hurt again changes his stock in FA. His odds of landing a starting gig were basically zero anyways(unless one of the teams drafting a QB high decide they want to sit the qb and put mitch in for a year).

Either way, playing can only really help his stock if he somehow makes this offense look marginally better than foles did. If that happens, people nationally will see how shit nagy is.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Really?

If you're Mitch's agent you tell him to establish a reputation as the guy who refused to play?

If you did that, I don't think you'd continue to be Mitch's agent.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Really?

If you're Mitch's agent you tell him to establish a reputation as the guy who refused to play?

If you did that, I don't think you'd continue to be Mitch's agent.

Imagine how many teams would be lining up to sign the guy too scared to play.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, but no.

I heavily doubt mitch getting hurt again changes his stock in FA. His odds of landing a starting gig were basically zero anyways(unless one of the teams drafting a QB high decide they want to sit the qb and put mitch in for a year).

Either way, playing can only really help his stock if he somehow makes this offense look marginally better than foles did. If that happens, people nationally will see how shit nagy is.

I don't think he'd get signed to start anywhere. I do however think that he'll be starting somewhere, even if it's for a few games. Trubisky is basically going to end up like Grossman. He'll go somewhere and get brought into hold the clipboard, get in for a few games and play well enough for people to wonder, "Hey! Maybe he should start!!" ...only to remind people why he's not starting after he starts more than a handful of games.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But you're not his agent, just some random ?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I don't agree with this. Someone is going to give Mitch another shot somewhere else. If you quit on the team you're contracted to or are a phallus by causing locker room dissension, that's going to look bad.
he didnt quit on the team the HC quit on him, little bit different and he can "hold out" for a contract which happens all the time in the NFL.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

If I am Mitch, I am playing and lighting the world on fire. I'm shoving it down Pace, Virginia, Nagy, Fox, Foles, Staley, everyone's throat .
They're all gonna remember Mitches last ride.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think he'd get signed to start anywhere. I do however think that he'll be starting somewhere, even if it's for a few games. Trubisky is basically going to end up like Grossman. He'll go somewhere and get brought into hold the clipboard, get in for a few games and play well enough for people to wonder, "Hey! Maybe he should start!!" ...only to remind people why he's not starting after he starts more than a handful of games.

Yea, he will start somewhere eventually. He's got a lot more talent than grossman. His career isn't over by any stretch, but it will depend on where he goes and if they are able of fixing what nagy broke.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yea, but no.

His chances of landing another starting gig was basically zero until a superbowl MVP QB took over for him and played worse.

Mitches stock is probably the highest it will be this year, and if he plays it will probably drop.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If I am Mitch, I am playing and lighting the world on fire. I'm shoving it down Pace, Virginia, Nagy, Fox, Foles, Staley, everyone's throat .
They're all gonna remember Mitches last ride.

While i love the sarcastic optimism, obviously I don't expect that to happen.

However, there is zero reason for mitch to not play if called upon. If he plays well, it only increases his paycheck next season. IF he plays poorly, teams will chalk it up to our offense and nagy being a dumpster fire.

If he gets hurt....well, he's already hurt for the third year in a row.

Zero downside for mitchell playing.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't think he will "hold out" but if he does go back in, I'm sure he will be making business decisions.

If he runs, he will not be diving to get a few extra yards, I'm sure he will step out of bounds when he can and not turning it up field and I'm not sure he will be standing tall in the pocket and taking hit to make the completion.

He could however, do just like you said and claim that his shoulder is still hurting and essentially IR himself. That might not be the best look, but it would be the safest option.