If we lose out...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Where did they draft him.

Behind a 1St rounder with success but a gunslinger mentality with a forward thinking offensive coordinator.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Watching the Seahawks dominate tonight with Russell Wilson at QB.

It's silly how they settled for a 3rd round QB. Why didn't they just tank games and try to draft RGIII?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Watching the Seahawks dominate tonight with Russell Wilson at QB.

It's silly how they settled for a 3rd round QB. Why didn't they just tank games and try to draft RGIII?

Seriously dude. Stop with the intelligent logical arguments. You're pissing the clueless people off.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I'm replaying to the people who like losing and think the problem with the team is Cutler - for future reference...

If that aint you, congrats....

I can agree with you here. Cutler is NOT the problem. Cutler was the 3rd rated passer in the league behind Manning and Rivers before he went down. Give him the luxury of a 2nd and a 3rd year or more in the same system with the talent we have. I'm the biggest advocate for leaving the offense as is. Maybe replace Garza if the opportunity presents itself, but that's it. This offense is in the top 5 in scoring for the first time in forever in the first year of a new system. People like Bearmick and Spartan will argue that Cutler is the problem, while blindly ignoring statistics. But whatever.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry.

What I meant was...........clearly the Seahawks are good now because they once lost games on purpose to get a better draft pick.

sarcastik

Liked Posts:
It's the bears, they'll figure out a way to go 9-7 and just miss the playoffs and have the 20th pick. You know it's gonna happen.

This and exactly this is why the Bears have been and will be a mediocre team. You have to suck for a couple of years to rebuild. This team needs to be rebuilt. You need high draft picks.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with Trestman getting a QB he can groom.

But if it's in the first round of the draft........Emery fucked up.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I can agree with you here. Cutler is NOT the problem. Cutler was the 3rd rated passer in the league behind Manning and Rivers before he went down. Give him the luxury of a 2nd and a 3rd year or more in the same system with the talent we have. I'm the biggest advocate for leaving the offense as is. Maybe replace Garza if the opportunity presents itself, but that's it. This offense is in the top 5 in scoring for the first time in forever in the first year of a new system. People like Bearmick and Spartan will argue that Cutler is the problem, while blindly ignoring statistics. But whatever.

^^^^

How do I give a thumbs up?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I'm all for taking a flyer on a qb in the 3rd round with a high ceiling. Defense takes priority though for literally every other draft pick.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Drafting a mid round center would make me happy too.

But defensive line/secondary takes priority.

I have some faith that Bostic can develop into something good. Not great, but good.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If we do draft a qb at any point, a lot of people are going to be screamin for him to start day 1. Cutler i the guy right now period. When they stop being a top 5 offense under him, then reopen the debate. He's injury prone, but so is Rodgers at this point with his concussion history and now missing the remainder of this season possibly but you will never hear Green Bay fans yelling to replace him. This is why the media likes to say that Green Bay fans are "educated." Take a page out of their book maybe.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This and exactly this is why the Bears have been and will be a mediocre team. You have to suck for a couple of years to rebuild. This team needs to be rebuilt. You need high draft picks.

The Jaguars, Bucs, Browns, Bills, Raiders, and Titans fans are LOL'ing at you.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

All of these teams make questionable drat picks regardless of where they're drafting.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shouldn't the first round be used to address your biggest issues? Because, by your logic, that is when the best players are available, right?

Yes, and I want the best player at the most important position in the game.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
i'm all for 10-6 and no playoffs 2 years in a row

It would be the first time since the inception of the 6th playoff team that a team went 10-6 two years and a row and missed both times.

Only 7 teams (inclusive of the Bears) since the re-allignment into (8) 4-team divisions have missed with a 10-6 record (or better)

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yes, and I want the best player at the most important position in the game.

So you can guarantee that we draft someone better than Cutler with that pick?

Please elaborate - your delusional posts fascinate the hell out of me.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
All of these teams make questionable drat picks regardless of where they're drafting.

Russell was supposed to be one of the best, most dynamic QB's to come out in 20 years... A no-brainer.

They made bad picks because drafted players aren't guarantees no matter where they are picked.

And on that note... We picked Shea Mac.

sarcastik

Liked Posts:

The 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, Bengals, Colts, Panthers, and Seahawks fans are LOL'ing at you.

If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, then every reasonable fan should want to lose out the rest of the meaningless games to get he best possible draft picks. They don't guarantee good picks, but they DO increase the chances of getting those blue-chip players that carry teams to Super Bowl victories.

Oh, and by the way, there is NO such thing as momentum BETWEEN seasons. Momentum, by definition, is the product of mass and velocity. You can think of mass as the roster and velocity as the number of consecutive wins. Both reset season to season. This team will look completely different in 2014.