If we lose out...

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
It's really difficult to figure out who you are replying to.

Then stop reading fucktard.

I'll let you know when I'm talking to you.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if losing out puts us in position to get the QB Trestman wants? Wouldn't that be better than 9-7 and no playoffs?

Here is a link to Trestman's recap today. Starting around 2:50 on the video, he talks about how fired up he and the team is for the national TV game next Monday. It seems like he is looking to win. So am I. And I do think that the Bears can go 4-0 and the Lions 2-2. Last night I didn't, but I am over that.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multime...eld-goal/933fab79-b97a-4a9a-9ee8-7105f3bfacdc

P.S. He also says in his talk that he is very pleased that over the last 4 weeks our 3rd down conversion has improved 10 spots to about 11th in the NFL :lol:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So we should draft a first round QB and forget about all the holes on defense?

Awesome logic.

I thought this other asshole I was arguing with on here was the dumbest on the board. You've just passed him by, congrats on that.

don't talk to my buddy like that.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
95% of the problems on this exist on defense.

Fix them and return the same exact offense to the field next season and you have a contender.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Who are you two kidding? Cutler isn't a championship caliber QB. Even some of the fanboys have almost resigned themselves to that. Trestman is going to want to bring in and develop "his QB". It's shortsighted to deny that possibility/probability.

That's actually an unfounded assertion of what Trestman may want. His history also isn't full of great young qb relations/success anyway. Anything is possible, not much of a denied point.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Who are you two kidding? Cutler isn't a championship caliber QB. Even some of the fanboys have almost resigned themselves to that. Trestman is going to want to bring in and develop "his QB". It's shortsighted to deny that possibility/probability.

He may. But that would be a really dumb move.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
don't talk to my buddy like that.

How did you know I was talking to him, I thought the quotes were throwing you off?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So we should draft a first round QB and forget about all the holes on defense?

Awesome logic.

Oh do we only have one draft pick in 2014? My bad. I didn't realize free agency was cancelled too. And we're no longer getting our best defenders back from injury.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
95% of the problems on this exist on defense.

Fix them and return the same exact offense to the field next season and you have a contender.

Quit being logical and making sense. You're confusing people.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Clearly. That's why Belichick has made it routine to trade back often, more than once he's traded out of the first round to get more picks later on.

Yet the Patriots are a yearly contender, while never having a top pick.

How often do you see teams that win consistently trade up in the draft? Almost never.

That's not a fair comparrison. The Patriots are a yearly contender because they have arguably the greatest quarterback of all time in an otherwise crap division. This is a scenario where I would say you don't need high draft picks. In a division that features Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson, I'd say we need to get a bluechip defensive player to help slow that down. It may all be a moot point anyway. Even if we don't move from the 17th pick, there are still going to be the obligabatory dumbass teams that reach for quarterbacks ahead of us, ala Minnesota with Ponder a couple years ago.

I don't understand strategy for drafting defensive players. He could have had Chandler Jones but he takes Shea, Could have had Arthur Brown, but opted for Bosic. The FANS even knew Chandler Jones and Arthur Brown would have both been better options, as they have proven to be so far. Emery is paid the big bucks to make these kind of evaluations but us fans continue to know better than him. The offensive side of the ball is a different story, he's batting 1000 with Alshon Jeffery and Kyle Long in his first 2 years.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Oh do we only have one draft pick in 2014? My bad. I didn't realize free agency was cancelled too. And we're no longer getting our best defenders back from injury.

Shouldn't the first round be used to address your biggest issues? Because, by your logic, that is when the best players are available, right?

We have multiple holes on defense, with more likely to open up via players being cut or not resigned.

Drafting a first round QB would be an epic mistake.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I think that you should stop being so nasty to people and learn how to use the quote function too.

I think you should line up behind the last guy I told to blow me.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
can you two guys learn how to use the quote feature properly? It's really difficult to figure out who you are replying to.

I'm replaying to the people who like losing and think the problem with the team is Cutler - for future reference...

If that aint you, congrats....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That's not a fair comparrison. The Patriots are a yearly contender because they have arguably the greatest quarterback of all time in an otherwise crap division.

Where did they draft him.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
That's not a fair comparrison.

It's no apples to apples but no comparison here will be.

The point is the Patriots know there is more value in having a load of picks than having one high pick. And even when they have a need they will trade down and find value later rather than banking on a higher pick.

And Brady is not the best QB of all time. Please don't ever say that again.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Where did they draft him.

6th round, 199th overall I believe. You can't tell me that was anything short of luck. No one knew what Brady woudl become, Bellichick included.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
It's no apples to apples but no comparison here will be.

The point is the Patriots know there is more value in having a load of picks than having one high pick. And even when they have a need they will trade down and find value later rather than banking on a higher pick.

And Brady is not the best QB of all time. Please don't ever say that again.

I said it was arguable.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
6th round, 199th overall I believe. You can't tell me that was anything short of luck. No one knew what Brady woudl become, Bellichick included.

They obviously saw something they liked - they drafted him...No?

So luck isn't applicable. Talent selection is.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I said it was arguable.

It's not. He isn't the best of his own era. And more than a few that came before him were better.