If we lose out...

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
You enjoy bitch slapping idiots on a forum? Nothing you said made sense.. drafting later in the draft isn't better... making the playoffs and losing doesn't mean shit...

Losing and not making the playoffs to get a better pick won't make you better next year.

Its a crap shoot and you have to trust your GM to see the right talent...

Its one or the other not both... you are fucking stupid...

When you consider injuries and things that are out of the GMs control.............it's both.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
But the Bears made the superbowl after drafting Benson at #4, right?

Isn't that what you said?

And I'm fucking stupid...........

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Same mentality.

Almost worse... Cubs fans seem to be begrudgingly willing to lose - but don't like it. Some of these guys are actually saying they want to lose. *face-palm*

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Hey... the Jaguars had the #2 pick last year. Look at that run to the superbowl they're on!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Look at the Packers. They have had some bad seasons over the past 20 years but only 1-2 which I would say they sucked. And they have been fine. The Packers have drafted well in late rounds which is the key to their success. They have 2 players on this years team that were not drafted by them 2!!.

Packers minus Rodgers = Jaguars.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Clearly losing is the best way to ensure future success.

That's what the Bears did all through the 90s. Lose. And then they went on to become really good...................right?

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Hey Mongo, you just a Kentucky fan or is that your alma mater?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you think that the only thing that matters is winning a superbowl, that may explain your anger. Chill out and enjoy a game now and then. Yeah, last night I was very pissed, now I am looking forward to Monday Night Football next week. I want to win. You want to lose. The team wants to win, the coach wants to win. Everybody but you and some other fans that have a hard time understanding life I guess.

What if losing out puts us in position to get the QB Trestman wants? Wouldn't that be better than 9-7 and no playoffs?

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
What if losing out puts us in position to get the QB Trestman wants? Wouldn't that be better than 9-7 and no playoffs?

QB isn't what is keeping this team from being a contender.

So no.

With as bad as the defense is..........if the first pick in the draft is a QB..........Emery should be fired.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QB isn't what is keeping this team from being a contender.

It's one of the things. If Trestman doesn't think Jay is the guy he wants to anchor his legacy to, a QB will be a priority. It will probably be a priority regardless given the uncertainty of the contract situation.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Would you really use your first pick on a QB when it's clear you have two pretty darn good ones on the roster?

You don't think there are other bigger holes to focus on? DT? Center? LB's? DB's?

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
It's one of the things.

You realize that statistically speaking Josh McCown has put together the best stretch of games in franchise history?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You realize that statistically speaking Josh McCown has put together the best stretch of games in franchise history?

Coincidentally, he is the highest rated QB in the NFL since he started playing.

Simultaneously, the Bears D is putting up historically bad numbers over that same stretch in several numbers - not the least of which is rushing yards allowed per game.

F-cking McCown.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:

So.........based on that............how could QB be one of the things holding this team back?

And is crack really that good of a drug? Just curious.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who are you two kidding? Cutler isn't a championship caliber QB. Even some of the fanboys have almost resigned themselves to that. Trestman is going to want to bring in and develop "his QB". It's shortsighted to deny that possibility/probability.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
can you two guys learn how to use the quote feature properly? It's really difficult to figure out who you are replying to.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Who are you two kidding? Cutler isn't a championship caliber QB. Even some of the fanboys have almost resigned themselves to that. Trestman is going to want to bring in and develop "his QB". It's shortsighted to deny that possibility/probability.

So we should draft a first round QB and forget about all the holes on defense?

Awesome logic.

I thought this other asshole I was arguing with on here was the dumbest on the board. You've just passed him by, congrats on that.