If we lose out...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Holy shit! You can read. I was beginning to wonder.

And it works when GMs spot the right talent. It doesn't when they don't. A great GM though can find players to help his team regardless of draft position.

The first round tends to be a crap shoot.

So its a crap shoot or the GM has to scout the right talent?

A crap shoot would suggest that its luck... scouting the right talent would mean it takes skill...

It can't be both... your opinions are beginning to contradict each other... please gather your thoughts and start making some sense...

patg006

Liked Posts:

A crap shoot would suggest that its luck... scouting the right talent would mean it takes skill...

It can't be both... your opinions are beginning to contradict each other... please gather your thoughts and start making some sense...

Says the guy who thinks the colts intentionally tanked.

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Says the guy who thinks the colts intentionally tanked.

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Peyton Manning didn't play a single down and they didn't go out and get a better QB than Curtis Painter after he took 9 straight losses? why didn't they go get a better QB?

He averaged 171 yards a game!

Because they didnt give a fuck... they set themselves up to fail so that they could get a young talented QB and set there franchise up for success...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1) You can't purposely tank when you still have a shot ( even though it's maybe 15% chance) to make the playoffs. You look like weak ass bitches and the coach will lose the players respect.

I completely agree. I was never suggesting that Trestman WILL tank, just that I personally hope they lose the last four games, for reasons previously stated.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some interesting info for this little cockfight.

Published Sunday, Apr 22, 2012

A half-dozen facts about the last 10 NFL drafts, by pick:

— Every first-round draft position (1-32) has produced at least one Pro Bowl player.

— The draft positions that have produced the most Pro Bowl players are the third pick, 11th pick, and 24th pick (six each).

— The first and second picks have produced 10 players who have been to the Pro Bowl: five No. 1 picks and five No. 2 picks.

—The 27th overall pick has produced exactly as many Pro Bowl players (five) as the No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks.

—The first, third, eighth, 11th, 12th, and 24th picks have each produced the most players (four) who have been to multiple Pro Bowls.

— The sixth pick in the draft has been snake-bitten, with only two players who have been to a Pro Bowl and zero multiple-Pro Bowl players.

Last edited:

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:

When you use Cedric Benson as evidence as how a team can draft high and go to the Superbowl and when you say you memorized every record for the past 25 years but couldn't correctly recall what year the Bears were in the Superbowl..............don't ever tell anyone else to make sense.

And, yes, it can be a crap shoot and skill at the same time because not even the best GM can predict injuries and other things that can hurt a career.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
— Every first-round draft position (1-32) has produced at least one Pro Bowl player.

— The draft positions that have produced the most Pro Bowl players are the third pick, 11th pick, and 24th pick (six each).

— The first and second picks have produced 10 players who have been to the Pro Bowl: five No. 1 picks and five No. 2 picks.

—The 27th overall pick has produced exactly as many Pro Bowl players (five) as the No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks.

—The first, third, eighth, 11th, 12th, and 24th picks have each produced the most players (four) who have been to multiple Pro Bowls.

— The sixth pick in the draft has been snake-bitten, with only two players who have been to a Pro Bowl and zero multiple-Pro Bowl players.

Appreciate that.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Based on what you have posted I am not sure you deserve to be taken seriously?

You just said we aren't fans for not caring about whether we take 8th place or 16th place? When we are the only ones concerned and talking about what it takes in order to put us in 1st place...

Winning games isn't winning super bowls...

I care about superbowls... you care about pointless bullshit that no one remembers...

I cant remember the exact records of the last 25 seasons... all i know is we haven't won the superbowl since 1985... thats the only thing that matters...

Dude wtf are you talking about

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am hoping that the Bears go 4-0 and the Lions go 2-2. And I view that as a possibility.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

You just said we aren't fans for not caring about whether we take 8th place or 16th place? When we are the only ones concerned and talking about what it takes in order to put us in 1st place...

I care about superbowls... you care about pointless bullshit that no one remembers...

I cant remember the exact records of the last 25 seasons... all i know is we haven't won the superbowl since 1985... thats the only thing that matters...

Dude wtf are you talking about
I've never seen someone quote themself and then call themself out with a WTF.

Last edited:

Mitchapalooza

I am hoping that the Bears go 4-0 and the Lions go 2-2. And I view that as a possibility.

If we won yesterday, we could've for sure had a legit chance at the playoffs. Lions could lose 2, but I don't see us winning 4.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you think that the only thing that matters is winning a superbowl, that may explain your anger. Chill out and enjoy a game now and then. Yeah, last night I was very pissed, now I am looking forward to Monday Night Football next week. I want to win. You want to lose. The team wants to win, the coach wants to win. Everybody but you and some other fans that have a hard time understanding life I guess.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Well here's my thought. It's a long shot but how would you guys feel, if say Emery mortgagged the future and traded up to of St. Louis' top 5 projected pick? IF we lose out and raise our draft status to around 12, it woudl be less of a jump up and require slightly less to move up to that spot. St. Louis will have absolutely zero need for JD Clowney, as they have arguably the most dynamic bookends in the ieague. Also, with Bradford coming back, there is no chance they draft a quarterback. I could see St. Louis wanting to make that move as well because they have the other midround draft choice. We give them our first rounder, third rounder, 4th rounder and next years first?

I don't know how realistic this is, but regardless, it only benefits us to have higher draft positioning, regardless of the boom/ bust potential for whatever player we may be targeting in that spot. It offers more leverage for trading up or even trading down to package more picks.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If you think that the only thing that matters is winning a superbowl, that may explain your anger. Chill out and enjoy a game now and then. Yeah, last night I was very pissed, now I am looking forward to Monday Night Football next week. I want to win. You want to lose. The team wants to win, the coach wants to win. Everybody but you and some other fans that have a hard time understanding life I guess.

I guess if life is all about being mediocre then yes... i don't understand that, never have and I never will...

You seem to think that success is the NFL isn't about winning Superbowls... Ask lovie smith and every other coach who couldn't win a superbowl if you are correct?

ask Andy Reid who won his division like 8 times over 14 seasons in Philly and made it to a superbowl... making the playoffs isn't going to keep any coach comfortable in the NFL... Ask Lovie smith... 88 and 63 as a bears head coach... not bad you say? but he couldn't win a superbowl and got fired after a 10 and 6 season... face it... winning records just aren't good enough...

this franchise and these fans deserve superbowls... not mediocrity....

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess if life is all about being mediocre then yes... i don't understand that, never have and I never will...

You seem to think that success is the NFL isn't about winning Superbowls... Ask lovie smith and every other coach who couldn't win a superbowl if you are correct?

ask Andy Reid who won his division like 8 times over 14 seasons in Philly and made it to a superbowl... making the playoffs isn't going to keep any coach comfortable in the NFL... Ask Lovie smith... 88 and 63 as a bears head coach... not bad you say? but he couldn't win a superbowl and got fired after a 10 and 6 season... face it... winning records just aren't good enough...

One team out of 32 wins the superbowl, that is equal to 3%. So you go into the year with a 3% chance of being happy at the end.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No, life is not about being mediocre. You should do you best to excel in those areas that are in your control. The Bears winning or losing is not in your control. This is a hobby, this is supposed to be fun. I am as pissed as anybody when the Bears lose. I am like a fucking lunatic on here. Then it is over. I am so looking forward to Monday Night football next week, from the pre-game show on. The Bears in the spotlight. You want to lose that game.

Excel in your career, take care of your family. Help out those that are in need. That is what you can control. There is where you can rise above mediocrity, not winning a Superbowl.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning didn't play a single down and they didn't go out and get a better QB than Curtis Painter after he took 9 straight losses? why didn't they go get a better QB?

He averaged 171 yards a game!

Because they didnt give a fuck... they set themselves up to fail so that they could get a young talented QB and set there franchise up for success...

In 2005, Kyle Orton started 15 games and averaged 124 yards passing per game.

Because the bears didn't give a fuck? They set themselves up to fail? SHould the bears have gotten a better quarterback with Rex out?

Your logic is Special person. Painter and the Colts struggled because they had the worst offensive line in football. Half of the games he lost were by one score or less.

And if you are the 'greatest mind to ever grace the CCS boards,' this should be shut down like a rat hole hot dog stand with 20 health code violations.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
In 2005, Kyle Orton started 15 games and averaged 124 yards passing per game.

Because the bears didn't give a fuck? They set themselves up to fail? SHould the bears have gotten a better quarterback with Rex out?

Your logic is Special person. Painter and the Colts struggled because they had the worst offensive line in football. Half of the games he lost were by one score or less.

And if you are the 'greatest mind to ever grace the CCS boards,' this should be shut down like a rat hole hot dog stand with 20 health code violations.

Lol, those years, when we thought we could still play championshp football with strong defense and a running game. 1985 ended in 1985/

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course they are. They're just smarter, less meatballish fans. Unless you think 2013 is the final NFL season before Earth is taken out by a giant meteor, you should want the team to be able to get better as much as possible going forward.

Team are able to get better without having to suck.