If we lose out...

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
There is nothing to suggest Cutler will be seeking Flacco or Romo type money in free agency.

If he does, let him walk. But fans keep throwing that idea out there.....basing it on nothing.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Are you seriously disputing the fact that drafting higher increases the probability of getting a better player?

I'm seriously asking you to back it up.

Why do people here think it's OK to throw out "facts" without being able to back them up?

Weird...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler is 38 and 21 as a starter in games he's finished with the Bears. McCown is 3-3.

Not saying McCown is a bad QB. Your label of him is just not applicable... He will likely be a starter for some team next year if we don't keep him (which we should or we have another hole...)

Also, stop Cherry picking....

You said Cutler's numbers this season (which I agree is what matters since it's the Trestman offense that well be using for the foreseeable future). Now that I showed you that a career scrub is running it better than him, you want to compare Cutler and McCown's win loss record in prior offenses.

Fail.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said the WCO needs a controlled technician not a gunslinger...Im pointing out that favre was a gunslinger yet very successful in the WCO...You disagree??

Yes, Favre didn't play within the structure of the west coast offense. His game was avant garde 75% of the time.

We need a Joe Montana type for Trestman's offense, not a Brett Favre type.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
No evidence suggests losing now equals success later.

Still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You said Cutler's numbers this season (which I agree is what matters since it's the Trestman offense that well be using for the foreseeable future). Now that I showed you that a career scrub is running it better than him, you want to compare Cutler and McCown's win loss record in prior offenses.

Fail.

FIne - use this years numbers win/loss numbers for games started and completed... you fail.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
QB is not the problem on this team.

Defense is.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was in a controlled West Coast Offense... Then Holmgren left and Farve went into his natural state more than not.

Farves success was maligned by all time mistake creating football.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

He never played within the system. He was a unique qb. Cutler isn't good enough to play his own game to that level.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
No evidence suggests losing now equals success later.

Still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

He can't...

Just keeps saying we need to draft a superstar QB in the first round. Can't even name one.

I feel likeI'm talking to my 5 year old nephew.

sarcastik

Liked Posts:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He never played within the system. He was a unique qb. Cutler isn't good enough to play his own game to that level.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/810253-cleveland-browns-10-things-that-brett-favre-taught-colt-mccoy-this-summer

Cleveland Browns second-year quarterback Colt McCoy did a very smart thing this summer in calling up future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre for some advice on the West Coast offense.

Favre holds records for most career touchdowns, consecutive starts and interceptions, and there are very few QBs who have had as much success in the NFL as Favre.

So what exactly did the Ole' Gunslinger have to teach the young Texas product?

I can think of a few things.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
"He never played within the system"

You couldn't be more full of shit if you tried.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Favre didn't play within the structure of the west coast offense. His game was avant garde 75% of the time.

We need a Joe Montana type for Trestman's offense, not a Brett Favre type.

http://www3.jsonline.com/packer/arc/0103/prev/westcoast.html

Green Bay -- It was a drive that epitomized the West Coast offense.

Brett Favre screen pass to Edgar Bennett for 12 yards. Bennett up the gut for 9. Favre short dump to Keith Jackson for 2. Favre third-down sideline completion to Anthony Morgan. Bennett behind left guard for 4. Dorsey Levens behind right tackle for 8. Favre over the middle to Robert Brooks for 20. Bennett back-to-back rushing gains of 6 and 1. Favre 18-yard touchdown pass to Levens.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"He never played within the system"

You couldn't be more full of shit if you tried.

Of course he didn't. Favre was as close to back yard ball as pro football gets. He had a once in a generation talent that allowed him to. Cutler, not so much.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80707793/article/favres-retirement-marks-the-end-of-an-era

In fact, before he became a Hall of Fame lock, Favre suffered from self-doubts and insecurity. He questioned whether he ever could run a playbook that required the precision and discipline of Bill Walsh's West Coast offense, which Holmgren brought to Green Bay.