CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bearsbud, you can post a thousand articles referencing Favre and the WCO. I wasn't unconscious for the last 20 years, I know what kind of offense the packers ran. Brett Favre was an exception, not a standard west coast QB. He played the game as much outside the norm of the system as you could possibly get. He took wild risks and improvised back yard style to the extent that it's what made him famous and defined his entire career.

Favre had the unique kind of talent that could do that. Cutler is not in the same ballpark. Fuck even Favre leads history in picks. Cutler has all the carelessness and a fraction of the quality of Favre. You cannot point to Brett fucking Favre and say "look, Cutler can win in this offense". It's ridiculous.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want to watch the Bears lose out. Good chance they will. Keep Jay, draft a QB and let the bitching continue.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bearsbud, you can post a thousand articles referencing Favre and the WCO. I wasn't unconscious for the last 20 years, I know what kind of offense the packers ran. Brett Favre was an exception, not a standard west coast QB. He played the game as much outside the norm of the system as you could possibly get. He took wild risks and improvised back yard style to the extent that it's what made him famous and defined his entire career.

Favre had the unique kind of talent that could do that. Cutler is not in the same ballpark. Fuck even Favre leads history in picks. Cutler has all the carelessness and a fraction of the quality of Favre. You cannot point to Brett fucking Favre and say "look, Cutler can win in this offense". It's ridiculous.
mick...youre so fulla shit on this your eyes are brown...favre was the MASTER of the WCO..Its what he is known for besides being a gunslinger like Cutler

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I can look to games earlier this season and say Cutler can run this offense and win.

Because he did.

You don't have to light up the boxscore to win games and titles. Just ask Joe Flacco.

More to the point, a complete team with a good not great QB can win a SB. Ask the Ravens and Giants.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, that would be Joe Montana.

Nice deflect mick, but the fact remains..favre was teaching the WCO to other QB's..Its what Holmgren brought to GB, and it is what favre excelled at

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can look to games earlier this season and say Cutler can run this offense and win.

Because he did.

You don't have to light up the boxscore to win games and titles. Just ask Joe Flacco.

More to the point, a complete team with a good not great QB can win a SB. Ask the Ravens and Giants.

I couldn't agree more. So why are you incessant on wanting to pay Cutler 15+ million dollars a year for mediocrity when you can get a better suited, younger QB who isn't an injury prone turnover machine to do it for a fifth of the cost? Now you have money to draft defense AND supplement it with a couple of nice free agent deals.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I couldn't agree more. So why are you incessant on wanting to pay Cutler 15+ million dollars a year for mediocrity when you can get a better suited, younger QB who isn't an injury prone turnover machine to do it for a fifth of the cost? Now you have money to draft defense AND supplement it with a couple of nice free agent deals.

Because there may not be a better suited younger QB who can play to mediocrity soon. Plus there's not much evidence of Trestman being able to get that development success from younger quarterbacks opposed to several year in vets.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because there may not be a better suited younger QB who can play to mediocrity soon. Plus there's not much evidence of Trestman being able to get that development success from younger quarterbacks opposed to several year in vets.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Possibly, but I find it difficult to believe that a career journeyman scrub can run this offense as well as Cutler but none of the QBs in what's considered the deepest class in a long time would be able to.

Mitchapalooza

I wanna keep Cutty around but drafting a QB wouldn't be terrible. In the 1st I wouldn't agree unless one fell to us. I want defense in the draft big time, but 2nd or 3rd round QB wouldn't be bad. Always good to have your QB minded head coach find a QB he likes in the draft that he can mold.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Seriously everyone just stop. Jay Cutler is just a freeloader and is along for the ride while the defense carries him on their back. Forte has carried the team on his back except for his rookie season because Kyle Orton started that year.

The offensive line and the defense choose to play better when Cutler is playing on purpose. When Cutler isn't playing, the offensive line and defense like to throw the games away. Since 2009, the Bears have had such an awesome record when Jay Cutler doesn't play/leaves a game due to injury.

When the Bears win it's because of everyone but Cutler.
When the Bears lose it's because of Cutler.

McCown has been good but has also been lucky on some of his passes. His wideouts have bailed him out a few times. He has thrown off of his backfoot but people only comment on it when it's Cutler.

Has anyone been keeping track of the "almost" interceptions that McCown has thrown or is that only a stat for Cutler? Let me guess, McCown threw it to the defender on purpose because he thought his wide out would get the rebound and score a touchdown?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously everyone just stop. Jay Cutler is just a freeloader and is along for the ride while the defense carries him on their back. Forte has carried the team on his back except for his rookie season because Kyle Orton started that year.

The offensive line and the defense choose to play better when Cutler is playing on purpose. When Cutler isn't playing, the offensive line and defense like to throw the games away. Since 2009, the Bears have had such an awesome record when Jay Cutler doesn't play/leaves a game due to injury.

McCown has been good but has also been lucky on some of his passes. His wideouts have bailed him out a few times. He has thrown off of his backfoot but people only comment on it when it's Cutler.

Has anyone been keeping track of the "almost" interceptions that McCown has thrown or is that only a stat for Cutler? Let me guess, McCown threw it to the defender on purpose because he thought his wide out would get the rebound and score a touchdown?
WORST post ever. You should be embarrassed. I know housewives who know more about football than you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WORST post ever. You should be embarrassed. I know housewives who know more about football than you.

I always assumed he was a kid back on cbmb, but he hasn't gotten any better in the last year or two so I'm starting to wonder if he's just an idiot.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Dude don't be like that UFC homies 4 life.

C'mon dude, I thought that you would back me up and say all of this was true? Even though I wasn't really being serious.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

^^^

Nominated best sarcastic post in this thread???

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I always assumed he was a kid back on cbmb, but he hasn't gotten any better in the last year or two so I'm starting to wonder if he's just an idiot.

Stop it. I know that you agree with my post because you and Spartan have post that stuff before. Only thing is that you both were dead serious.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

When you're looking for the idiot in the room...