If we lose out...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude don't be like that UFC homies 4 life.

C'mon dude, I thought that you would back me up and say all of this was true? Even though I wasn't really being serious.
Stick with UFC and stop watching football immediately. You don't understand it.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I want a QB who fits the system. The ideal QB for this offense is a cerebral technician. A patient QB who goes through his reads quickly, takes what the defense gives him, and takes care of the ball. Cutler is the polar opposite of that in just about every way. He's a gunslinger. The last thing you want in a controlled west coast offense.

How many times over the last few years have you seen Cutler check the ball down? There's a reason Forte gets 50 plus catches a year. I've seen a lot of quick slants to Marshall, Jeffery and even Earl Bennett over the last few season. Cutler has steadily increased his completion percentage, now up to about 65 percent on the season. This is not indicitive of a "gun slinger." I've always disagreed that he's a gunslinger. It's like he makes a few deep passes a game and he's a gunslinger? Every quarterback, regardless of the system, will take their shots. Having a big arm does not make a quarterback a gunslinger. Cutler has played within this system this year.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Stick with UFC and stop watching football immediately. You don't understand it.

I understand football. You and bearmick inspired my post with your theories about Cutler and football. I give both of you credit.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand football. You and bearmick inspired my post with your theories about Cutler and football. I give both of you credit.
You made stupid shit up, not cause of posts you've seen cause no such stupid posts from either of us exists, but because you are football Special person. Please don't take that personally cause I don't dislike you. Your football ignorance is just annoying.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Draft position doesn't mean as much as fans think it does. If it did the team drafting #1 every year would be instantly better the next year. It happened with the Colts but how often does it happen?

My point, which no one can refute, is losing now doesn't equal success later and that is why rooting to lose for draft position is stupid.
Lions drafting high in the draft every year has made their d-line into monsters and gave them Calvin Johnson.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Lions drafting high in the draft every year has made their d-line into monsters and gave them Calvin Johnson.

And has given them exactly 1 playoff win in the last 57 years.... Fifty Seven Years....

And for the record, we had the #6 rated Dline in the NFL last year and the #3 overall rated defense. That was just a season plus short of playing for the Halas trophy AT HOME.

The argument that losing now to win later is garbage

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
What they suggest is that drafting 5th doesn't mean you will get a better player than the team drafting 25th.
So are you arguing the differences between rounds or the difference between picking in the top ten of the first round and the bottom ten of the first round? I can agree there's not that much of a difference between draft picks in the first and maybe even the early second round but after that the talent pool drops off and after the third round, the talent drops off exponentially every round after that. The first two rounds is where you want to build the core of your team and will affect at how successful your team will be. Rounds 3-4 is where you want to find your role players and anything after that is special teams fodder. Sometimes you get lucky and find a diamond in the rough or a player that exceeds expectations. More times than not, you don't. The first two rounds is key. Then you have to put into account players dropping in the draft for whatever reason or other.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many times over the last few years have you seen Cutler check the ball down? There's a reason Forte gets 50 plus catches a year. I've seen a lot of quick slants to Marshall, Jeffery and even Earl Bennett over the last few season. Cutler has steadily increased his completion percentage, now up to about 65 percent on the season. This is not indicitive of a "gun slinger." I've always disagreed that he's a gunslinger. It's like he makes a few deep passes a game and he's a gunslinger? Every quarterback, regardless of the system, will take their shots. Having a big arm does not make a quarterback a gunslinger. Cutler has played within this system this year.

The 50+ receptions doesn't mean a ton to dispute "gunslinger" for Cutler. Favre threw to Levens for 50+ receptions twice. Ahman Green had seasons with Favre of 50, 57, 62, 73 receptions (and two 40+ seasons). Are you saying that Favre wasn't a gunslinger because he dumped the ball off often to his RB? That's not what makes a gunslinger. The gunslinger sometimes sees a tiny window with great potential and fires away! Leads to more picks than necessary. Cutler is a gunslinger.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
And has given them exactly 1 playoff win in the last 57 years.... Fifty Seven Years....

And for the record, we had the #6 rated Dline in the NFL last year and the #3 overall rated defense. That was just a season plus short of playing for the Halas trophy AT HOME.

The argument that losing now to win later is garbage
Not defending anything. What I said can't be refuted because it's true.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
You made stupid shit up, not cause of posts you've seen cause no such stupid posts from either of us exists, but because you are football Special person. Please don't take that personally cause I don't dislike you. Your football ignorance is just annoying.

I don't dislike you either. I won't take it personally, I don't take anything on here personally.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The 50+ receptions doesn't mean a ton to dispute "gunslinger" for Cutler. Favre threw to Levens for 50+ receptions twice. Ahman Green had seasons with Favre of 50, 57, 62, 73 receptions (and two 40+ seasons). Are you saying that Favre wasn't a gunslinger because he dumped the ball off often to his RB? That's not what makes a gunslinger. The gunslinger sometimes sees a tiny window with great potential and fires away! Leads to more picks than necessary. Cutler is a gunslinger.

Cutler did do a lot of that in 09 and 10. I think that was more a product of Devin Hester, Rashied Davis and Roy Williams not getting open. Those "tiny windows" you're talking about were considered to be open with that group of receivers. Fast forward to 2011 and he had to rifle the ball in there quickly to the first thing that appeared to be remotely open because of crap pass protection. This year, pre injury, I saw him going through his reads, foregoing the deep ball if it wasn't there and checking it down if necessary. If you didn't see that, you haven't been watching the games. Like I tell everyone, give this dude more than two years in a single system.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
So, another thread in this forum becomes a Cutler debate?

shocker.jpg