If we lose out...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pot meet kettle.

You're easily as offensive as you say Bww is but I don't think you even know that.

You should just do the honourable thing and admit that you have been out-witted, out-played and out-matched by Bww and his alter ego Mongo.

And just in case you've forgotten ... you still haven't answered Bww and Mongo's question.

Out-witted is particularly hilarious as I was just thinking while reading through the last couple of pages how the BWW/Mongo guy may be the dumbest poster I've seen on here in a while. Not necessarily football dumb (though he is a meatball), more "I can tell by your writing that you're just not a smart guy" dumb.

The guy (does he think anyone believes they're two separate posters?) doesn't understand basic probability. When something simple cannot be absorbed after days and pages of explanation, you officially have a dummy on your hands.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Took two days for people to think we're the same person. That is much quicker than in the past. Awesome.

doesn't understand basic probability.

Oh, I understand probability. I understand that the difference between the 16th pick and 24 pick is so slim no Bears fan should be rooting for this team to lose out.

Emery shouldn't have an issue addressing a need at 24 that he would have also addressed at 16. Or 13 or 14 or whatever.

I also understand that fans shouldn't generally root for their team to lose............as that is the opposite of what a fan does.

I'm dumb.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I'm the dumbest poster on a board that has people who frequently reply with pictures rather than words.

That is just how damn awesome I am.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Took two days for people to think we're the same person. That is much quicker than in the past. Awesome.

Oh, I understand probability. I understand that the difference between the 16th pick and 24 pick is so slim no Bears fan should be rooting for this team to lose out.

Emery shouldn't have an issue addressing a need at 24 that he would have also addressed at 16. Or 13 or 14 or whatever.

I also understand that fans shouldn't generally root for their team to lose............as that is the opposite of what a fan does.

I'm dumb.

Addressing the need, no, shouldn't be a problem. Addressing the need appropriately is another story.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Addressing the need appropriately has nothing to do with draft position.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm the dumbest poster on a board that has people who frequently reply with pictures rather than words.

That is just how damn awesome I am.

A picture is worth 1,000 words...

theTruth21

Liked Posts:
We're likely talking about the difference between drafting anywhere from 12 (unlikely, it would seem by looking at the standings) to 16 or maybe 20 to 24. Probably no better or worse than that, you agree? In reality, we're probably talking about the difference in about 8 spots or so.

If they did get the 12th pick...........is Emery gonna trade it with so many big holes on defense? Maybe, but he hasn't trade a first round pick yet and this is considered a good draft with good first round prospects..........so I will make an assumption and say he won't.

Furthermore...........is an 8 spot difference that big? In what is considered a deep draft?

In any year past.........does the team drafting 16th really get a player light years ahead of the team drafting 23rd?

I disagree. If Emery knows what he is doing he should be able to find players that fit the system and can play at high level regardless of where he is picking. It is what he is paid to do. He missed big on McClellin but has apparently hit big on Long..........so we will see.

I just don't see where picking in the mid teens is going to make a bigger difference on the future than picking 22nd or 24th is. I don't see it.

You "don't see it" b/c you are either being willfully ignorant, are just trolling, or don't have the mental capacity to process information. The NF-Post article has been posted at least 2-3 times in this thread, supplying YEARS of data backing up that the top 10-15 picks are MUCH more valuable and likely to turn into relevant and consistent contributors than picks 16-32. Not sure what else needs to be added to help you "see it." though I suspect you've made up your mind already and no amount of information will permeate your bubble.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Winning 6 or 7 games gives a team a better draft pick to use/trade in opportunity to improve a team better. By all of their picks being of higher value.

This depends on the talent evaluator.

It in turn does give them a better chance to have better players which gives a team a better chance to win more games. So yes, a draft.status does impact it.

Again, depends on the talent evaluator.

In addition, a 6 win team could have had some key injuries that kept them from being a 10 win team, or, they are just a poor team.
A 10 win team likely has fewer holes to fill, and a good talent evaluator will find value across the entire draft regardless of draft position.

I would prefer to be the later...and not rely on that 6th pick in the draft to be our savior.

Simply put...a 10 win team likely needs only a tweak here and there.
A 6 win team likely needs much more than one guy picked 10 slots higher in the first round will provide.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
LOL, seriously? With all the talent the Lions have put together? Their problem is the coach breeds undisciplined play.

So all the Lions problems are the coaches fault. So drafting poorly/ thugs has nothing to do with it? Titus Young, Mikel Leshoure, Javid Best... Good thing they had all those guaranteed early picks...

The Lions were a 4 win team because they sucked. And they still suck. If our defense didn't suck more. They'd be sitting at 5 wins right now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So all the Lions problems are the coaches fault. So drafting poorly/ thugs has nothing to do with it? Titus Young, Mikel Leshoure, Javid Best... Good thing they had all those guaranteed early picks...

The Lions were a 4 win team because they sucked. And they still suck. If our defense didn't suck more. They'd be sitting at 5 wins right now.

Wow. You do realize you did little to help your argument since the highest pick of the guys you chose was 30, don't you?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

Our defense? You realize that Cutler cost the Bears both of those games?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow. You do realize you did little to help your argument since the highest pick of the guys you chose was 30, don't you?

He's not helping his argument by being 4 different posters either...

At least they agree though.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I still think we should do what BearsWillWin says...

Try to win meaningless games...

Then trade for every 6th round pick we can... that way we are bound to pick up every sleeper pick in the draft and most likely the next tom brady...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
#andyouwillknowusbythetrailofourdead

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Our defense? You realize that Cutler cost the Bears both of those games?

You mean when he had multiple chances from the 2 yard line to get the extra points and failed?

Wait...

I know, you mean the first game when he let the Lions put up 400 yards and 40 points on him and let Bush run all over the place.

Wait....

You Cutler haters are really funny. Looking forward to your next post when you make up more stuff.