If you don't want Watson on the Bears, you hate America

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Can't say I'd be nearly as excited as some other posters on here getting Watson. He's a great player and is coming off a great personal season, but his team was terrible. Granted, a lot of that was on the defense, but when 2 of your 4 wins come against a team trying to lose, that doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence. Here's a team that defied the laws of physics losing by 30 to the Bears.

He's coming from the most dysfunctional organization in the league and no one knows what role he's had in creating or escalating that. Any players that start demanding trades are players I would steer clear from. There's been 100s of poor GM's and coaches in pro sports, how many star players demand trades from those organizations?

He can take his 2 wins against the Jags to the Jets or South Beach, or wherever.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My only concern is the same I've had for every other QB. What are we surrounding him with? We will greatly diminish the ability to surround him with talent by giving up so many picks.

I hope people would temper their expectations and not just start shitting on him if it took us a while to start winning again. I don't think we can do it with Nagy, and I don't think we can do it without investing in the OL and putting more weapons on the board for Watson to play with. And that costs draft picks. Something we won't have a ton of if we trade for Watson.

I still want him to be a Chicago Bear, but it's not like acquiring him makes us Super Bowl contenders right away. We still need talent and non-terrible coaches and a GM.

That's my realistic take. If you don't agree, you're a fucking dummy.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
My only concern is the same I've had for every other QB. What are we surrounding him with? We will greatly diminish the ability to surround him with talent by giving up so many picks.

I hope people would temper their expectations and not just start shitting on him if it took us a while to start winning again. I don't think we can do it with Nagy, and I don't think we can do it without investing in the OL and putting more weapons on the board for Watson to play with. And that costs draft picks. Something we won't have a ton of if we trade for Watson.

I still want him to be a Chicago Bear, but it's not like acquiring him makes us Super Bowl contenders right away. We still need talent and non-terrible coaches and a GM.

That's my realistic take. If you don't agree, you're a fucking dummy.

it blows my mind with how educated of fans there are at CCS that they think replacing the quarterback is going to magically transform the team into a Super Bowl contender. maybe dog avatar guy can give this post a thumbs down too.

the Bears offense isn't going to have consistent success until Nagy's bullshit scheme takes a back seat and they call the offense right, first of all. second, everyone is well aware the offensive line needs to be upgraded, you aren't going to do that when you spend 13 1st and 2nd round picks to trade for a quarterback that I'll reiterate the team should've drafted with ONE pick 4 years ago in the first place. third, your top receiving target is pricing themselves off the team, and will likewise need to be replaced. there's a lot of fucking needs that need to be addressed on offense to even make acquiring any quarterback a logically sound move.

oh, and the defense requires some attention too. don't forget that.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Eh. Houston hasn't had a top 10 offense in yards or points at any point in his career. I mean, he's better than Mitch obviously, but gutting your team to get a quarterback who's already proven he can't carry a gutted team?

If they can get him somehow, fine. I'm not saying he's bad. But multiple 1st round picks and a massive contract? What kind of team will there be around him?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Eh. Houston hasn't had a top 10 offense in yards or points at any point in his career. I mean, he's better than Mitch obviously, but gutting your team to get a quarterback who's already proven he can't carry a gutted team?

If they can get him somehow, fine. I'm not saying he's bad. But multiple 1st round picks and a massive contract? What kind of team will there be around him?

Watson did put up some monster numbers. that defense had to be next level bad for them to go 4-12. I'm just saying he's not going to put up those numbers with the Chicago Bears, it's not worth blowing your load for the next 15 years for this.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Watson did put up some monster numbers. that defense had to be next level bad for them to go 4-12. I'm just saying he's not going to put up those numbers with the Chicago Bears, it's not worth blowing your load for the next 15 years for this.

being down a couple touchdowns a game and playing against soft defenses sure does help.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Now do his playoff game vs Buffalo. The L in your avatar is fitting.

so witty, which is what I expect considering the source.
How about his indy playoff game and the 2nd half against the chiefs - gaggg.
He is still a good qb but its difficult to take his numbers at face value during a 4-12 season when his team was constantly down double digits.
Now go back to wanking to your Watson poster above your bed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
so witty, which is what I expect considering the source.
How about his indy playoff game and the 2nd half against the chiefs - gaggg.
He is still a good qb but its difficult to take his numbers at face value during a 4-12 season when his team was constantly down double digits.
Now go back to wanking to your Watson poster above your bed.
At one point this season he held the highest career QB rating of any an ever. I guess that’s all because of this one season...

Some of you guys are just dumb af. It’s incredible. Have fun cry wanking it to memories of Mitch winning not one important football game.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This has nothing to do with the Bears or Watson, but it's QB related...

IMG_20210129_115843.jpg